Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 8 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

I'd say so. Gives Freddie Roach a free up close look at Floyd and the chance to implement some plans and stratgies ahead of the 'main' fight.

+Quote Post
Get0ffdanutzz
post Jul 8 2011, 07:25 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,420

Wait... Are you saying Zab has ZERO shot on the 23rd?

I think Khahn needs to get past Judah 1st.. I'm giving Zab a shot in this fight..

This post has been edited by Get0ffdanutzz: Jul 8 2011, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post
BigMoneySlayer
post Jul 8 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #4

Amateur

Member No.: 12,253

QUOTE (Get0ffdanutzz @ Jul 8 2011, 08:25 PM) *
Wait... Are you saying Zab has ZERO shot on the 23rd?

I think Khahn needs to get past Judah 1st.. I'm giving Zab a shot in this fight..

Yeah you right, I forgot all about that

+Quote Post
Sicko
post Jul 8 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #5

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,115

not only does Khan still have to fight Judah, he would them have to take a solid fight at 147 to test himself, if he gets past all that then he can start talking about Mayweather

he can look past Zab all he wants, but if Zab lands that left Hand...KHAN IS NOT GOING TO GET UP!

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 8 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Sicko @ Jul 8 2011, 07:43 PM) *
not only does Khan still have to fight Judah, he would them have to take a solid fight at 147 to test himself, if he gets past all that then he can start talking about Mayweather

he can look past Zab all he wants, but if Zab lands that left Hand...KHAN IS NOT GOING TO GET UP!

I'm not so sure about that. Khan took a HUGE shot from Maidana and didn't even go down. and I'm not sure Zab has the same kind of pop he had in his younger days.

+Quote Post
alaganza
post Jul 8 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 76

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 09:19 PM) *
I'm not so sure about that. Khan took a HUGE shot from Maidana and didn't even go down. and I'm not sure Zab has the same kind of pop he had in his younger days.

Ollie I think you may have a point. The only thing is Maidana had problems following up after that huge shot. If Kahn gets hit with one from Judah another one is soon to follow.

+Quote Post
Sicko
post Jul 8 2011, 09:02 PM
Post #8

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,115

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 06:19 PM) *

Would you consider Breidis Prescott MORE POWERFUL then Marcos Maidana? NO!

So that is actually a very ARTIFICIAL LOGIC, just because the guy who is known for POWER couldn't KO him that means the guy who is not known for having as GREAT POWER can't knock him out because the Powerful Guy Couldn't...THAT IS SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH!

IT IS THE PUNCHES YOU DON'T SEE COMING THE DOES THE MOST DAMAGE...that is why Prescott Knocked Khan OUT, it was actually the SPEED OF PRESCOTT that caught Amir off guard and wobbled him then eventually dropped him

Maidana is the "ARTHUR ABRAHAM OF THE LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION" people only hype this guys BECAUSE HE HAS POWER, other then Power, he really can't do anything else and he can EASILY BE OUT-BOXED!

SO AGAIN if Zab lands one of those quick Left Hands like he did on Mabuza (A SHOT HE DIDN'T SEE COMING)...then like I said KHAN IS NOT GOING TO GET UP!

With Maidana ROBOTIC SLOW MOTION STYLE, Khan could pretty much see every punch coming, even the ones that wobbled him so he was able to escape and SURVIVE

Never said Khan wouldn't win though...HE SHOULD WIN!

This post has been edited by Sicko: Jul 8 2011, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 8 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Sicko @ Jul 8 2011, 10:02 PM) *
Would you consider Breidis Prescott MORE POWERFUL then Marcos Maidana? NO!

So that is actually a very ARTIFICIAL LOGIC, just because the guy who is known for POWER couldn't KO him that means the guy who is not known for having as GREAT POWER can't knock him out because the Powerful Guy Couldn't...THAT IS SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH!

IT IS THE PUNCHES YOU DON'T SEE COMING THE DOES THE MOST DAMAGE...that is why Prescott Knocked Khan OUT, it was actually the SPEED OF PRESCOTT that caught Amir off guard and wobbled him then eventually dropped him

Maidana is the "ARTHUR ABRAHAM OF THE LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION" people only hype this guys BECAUSE HE HAS POWER, other then Power, he really can't do anything else and he can EASILY BE OUT-BOXED!

SO AGAIN if Zab lands one of those quick Left Hands like he did on Mabuza (A SHOT HE DIDN'T SEE COMING)...then like I said KHAN IS NOT GOING TO GET UP!

With Maidana ROBOTIC SLOW MOTION STYLE, Khan could pretty much see every punch coming, even the ones that wobbled him so he was able to escape and SURVIVE

Never said Khan wouldn't win though...HE SHOULD WIN!

Have a look at the shot that Maidana caught him with. Khan didn't see it coming and took it flush. Frankly I was surprised he took it so well. There were many many many posters on these boards (myself included) who would've put their house on him being unable to take that kind of shot and stay upright. He shocked me in that fight. And yeah you can say Maidana is the AA of his division and whatever other junk, but the fact is a guy with a china chin (at best) which is what people accused Khan of having, are/were not supposed to take shots like that.

Also name me the last TOP name that Judah knocked out? You have to go years back to 2005 and Spinks before you come across a decent KO victim. Zab does have power no doubt, but his 'wrecking ball' abilities do get overstated somewhat.

This post has been edited by The Ollie Reed Fan Club: Jul 8 2011, 11:45 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Jul 8 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,224

Judah by TKO...nuff said...fuck Khan vs Mayweather. Mayweather schools him easy.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 06:25 AM