> Assuming that Mayweather wins
Cshel86
post Jul 8 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 10:47 PM) *
Have a look at the shot that Maidana caught him with. Khan didn't see it coming and took it flush. Frankly I was surprised he took it so well. There were many many many posters on these boards (myself included) who would've put their house on him being unable to take that kind of shot and stay upright. He shocked me in that fight. And yeah you can say Maidana is the AA of his division and whatever other junk, but the fact is a guy with a china chin (at best) which is what people accused Khan of having, are/were not siupoosed to take shots like that.

Also name me the last TOP name that Judah knocked out? You have to go years back to 2005 and Spinks before you come across a decent KO victim. Zab does have power no doubt, but his 'wrecking ball' abilities to get overstated somewhat.

You're right to some degree...Khan took that shot flush, but we have to look at what condition Maidana was in by the 10th round mark. He couldn't even thoroughly follow up after that shot because he was dog-tired. He had taken too many shots before that and he was gassed out. So yes, Khan took the shot, but Maidana was done when he threw it. Khan played his part well in that fight...land shots and get outta there!

This post has been edited by cshel86: Jul 8 2011, 11:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 9 2011, 12:22 AM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 9 2011, 12:47 PM) *
Also name me the last TOP name that Judah knocked out? You have to go years back to 2005 and Spinks before you come across a decent KO victim. Zab does have power no doubt, but his 'wrecking ball' abilities do get overstated somewhat.

Funnily enough, not only is that the last top opponent Judah knocked out, it's the ONLY top opponent Judah has knocked out. You can also go a step further and say that it was the ONLY top opponent Judah beat.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 9 2011, 01:02 AM
Post #13

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

Judah won't win 1 minute of this fight.

+Quote Post
Akknelle
post Jul 9 2011, 03:13 AM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 12,226

Well, I think the difference in the Khan-Judah fight will be Judah's improved defense. Sweet Pea has helped his defense, and focus for that matter, drastically. Khan's good, but so is Judah. I think Judah has a GREAT chance in this fight. I wouldn't put money on Judah, but I wouldn't put money on Khan either. I think it'll be THAT CLOSE

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 9 2011, 04:16 AM
Post #15

Guests

Whitaker seems to be getting a lot of credit for this new Judah. Do we need more than one fight (a fight that Judah was not winning clearly) to determine this new Judah?
I also could be wrong, but I recall Whitaker working with Judah in the past at least in camps, if my memory is right, what is different this time?

Not saying that this isn't good, but I would like to see more than one fight, before I start proclaiming a "new and improved Judah".

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 9 2011, 06:32 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 9 2011, 04:16 AM) *
Whitaker seems to be getting a lot of credit for this new Judah. Do we need more than one fight (a fight that Judah was not winning clearly) to determine this new Judah?
I also could be wrong, but I recall Whitaker working with Judah in the past at least in camps, if my memory is right, what is different this time?

Not saying that this isn't good, but I would like to see more than one fight, before I start proclaiming a "new and improved Judah".

Let's face it we've heard about the new and improved Judah for 10 years now. I know Khan has a caravan that will almost certainly reach it's intended dstination but Judah won't be the guy to get it there.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 9 2011, 09:39 AM
Post #17

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Who exactly has Zab beaten since he's all new and improved? He fought on even terms with Lucas (in a fight which Lucas planted him on his ass) and the was his best accomplishment since his return to 140.

I like Zab... I really do but he's in over his head right now. Khan will when this fight 120-108.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 9 2011, 10:12 AM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 9 2011, 05:16 AM) *

the difference this time is Judah is winning. Judah has just been lucky as hell. he fought some bums and got Lucas before he's even a B fighter then has a title shot. now this cat is fighting Khan and will get retired.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 11:51 PM