IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT): Williams vs. Lara-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of Showtime Card
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 11 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #121

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 11 2011, 06:05 PM) *
I actually watched the fight a third time today, this time with no sound!

I have to admit that I was wrong... PWill wasn't in the danger I thought he was in. I think the commentators definitely influenced my perception of the fight. However, I do think PWill took a beating... not a Pacquiao-Margarito beating but still a pretty good beating. Scored the fight again and came up with 116-112 for Lara. Lara just couldn't miss with that left hand. If PWill fights Martinez again he'll go to sleep in the first round!

Whoaaaaaa!!!

Where is my damn apology for jumping down my throat when I said the fight should not have been stopped? I also remember stating about how viewers get influenced listening to the commentators. It's fine we disagree, but damn you get so nasty when you do not agree and you hurt my feelings. And now I will wait for a sincere apology so I can move on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 11 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #122

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 11 2011, 08:59 PM) *
Whoaaaaaa!!!

Where is my damn apology for jumping down my throat when I said the fight should not have been stopped? I also remember stating about how viewers get influenced listening to the commentators. It's fine we disagree, but damn you get so nasty when you do not agree and you hurt my feelings. And now I will wait for a sincere apology so I can move on.

LOL... I didn't jump down your throat. I didn't even curse at you, LOL. I thought i responded in a respectable manner... I just didn't agree with you. Don't get me wrong, PWill got his ass beat. Lara handed out a beating... Just wasn't as bad as I initially thought.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 11 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #123

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 11 2011, 04:55 PM) *
Here's a copy of the Master Scoresheet from FightNews:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/williams-lara-update-89500

Jack

no wonder those score cards were so crazy, look @ some of those rounds the 2 judges gave Williams. I still can't give Williams 4 rounds after 3 times watching the fight but there were a few close rounds so can't knock 116-112 to bad! Anything more than that is insane though IMO!

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 11 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #124

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 11 2011, 09:12 PM) *
LOL... I didn't jump down your throat. I didn't even curse at you, LOL. I thought i responded in a respectable manner... I just didn't agree with you. Don't get me wrong, PWill got his ass beat. Lara handed out a beating... Just wasn't as bad as I initially thought.

I was just kidding with you. You DID curse at BGv2.0 though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Jul 11 2011, 08:30 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 11 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #125

Guests

QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jul 12 2011, 10:36 AM) *
I never thought the fight should have been stopped either. I believe that's a clear example of how the commentators can affect someones perception of the fight.

Fitz, did you watch the HBO broadcast of the fight, or something else with different commentators?

Haha, I actually watched the HBO broadcast, with RJJ on the mic. I remember giving Williams 3 and 4, and after that there were 2 other rounds I gave him. I think one may have been the 12th.
Can't remember the other one, but there was at least 1-2 rounds I gave to Lara that I also felt were kind of close, so about 5-6 rounds I could possibly have seen for Williams, but personally, I only gave him 4 of them.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jul 11 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #126

Guests

Watched the fight.

Wasn't as drastic as I was expecting as I saw many close rounds, but overall thought it was a bad call that Lara should have taken. I scored the fight 8-3-1 to Lara with 3 rounds I was really not to sure about (I think the 5th was even for me), going into the 7th I had Williams by a point. Williams fought very well on the inside, while tied up and did enough inclose to take those rounds. Best case scenario for Williams was a Draw as he took the 12th round for me.

I can see how it was a close fight for very few as Ledderman (and others here) gave some rounds to Williams that I did not and vice verser. Overall I do think it Lara did enough to get the decision.

I disagree that this fight should have been stopped in any way and don't consider this to be a beating. Williams was getting tagged all night long flush and Lara dominated parts of the fight due to that but Williams was in no real danger and was fighting back.

I was impressed with Lara's movement and countering and look forward to seeing him against other top fighters.

Positive note for Williams is his chin doesn't seem to be cracked. He doesn't appear to be mentally effected by the Martinez KO as he approach is the same and took many flush shots well all night. By saying that, he doesn't need to be taken those shots and if he does..it's only a matter of time again..

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 02:04 AM