IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greenburg axed, Davis probably next (Topics Merged), Rafael the new HBO matchmaker?
Method
post Jul 16 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #11

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

Anyone think that Ross Greenburg saying that there were negotiations may have been attempt to keep his job, only to see Arum turn around and FUCK HIM by taking Pacquiao to Showtime anyway.

Doubt it. But then again, wouldn't surprise me.

These people are so fkn out of their minds about the technicality of "negotiations" that its not even worth discussing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Jul 16 2011, 03:49 PM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,536

All the above answers given in response to thehype's question; plus, I'll add that Mayweather complained recently that he would have expected that HBO would have made (forced?) his fight with Pacquiao already. In my book, that's quite uncharacteristic of Floyd to have to criticize HBO, even if veiled. May be HBO can see such handwriting on the wall?

P34c3

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jul 16 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #13

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 16 2011, 11:03 AM) *
Doubt it. But then again, wouldn't surprise me.

These people are so fkn out of their minds about the technicality of "negotiations" that its not even worth discussing.

True true. Although I found it interesting that Arum revealed that the deadline he gave was really about a promise he gave to Ross Greenburg about a "period of exclusivity"...meaning Arum promised him that he wouldn't try to make any other fights for Pacquiao up to a certain date.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking the "negotiations" went something like:

Rrrrrrrrrrrring. Rrrrrrrrrrrring. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.

Bob Arum: Hello.

Ross Greenburg: Bob, it's Ross.

BA: Aaaahhhh....what the fuck do you want now Ross?

RG: Bob, you gotta work with me here. I'm catching some heat to make this fight happen. Is there anything we can do to work something out?

BA: Yeah, you can quit giving all the damn dates to those idiots over at Golden Boy, and start paying us what we're worth. I've got all the top talent. If you don't quit dicking around, I'm taking all my fighters over to Showtime.

RG: Whatever you want, Bob. I just have to get this fight done. But you know Floyd wants Manny to take those tests. What if I can get them to agree to that 14-day offer they suggested during mediation? Do you think you can get Manny to agree to that?

BA: Look, I can get Manny to agree to 14 days, but I'm going to need some guarantees as far as dates for future fights are concerned.

RG: No problem Bob. Let me call Al and see what I can do. Just promise that you won't move forward with any other fights for Manny. I just need some time to work on Al, but I promise I'll get it done.

BA: You have my word, but the clock is ticking!

Click! Click!

Al Haymon: Hello.

Ross Greenburg: Al, it's Ross. Hey, Bob says he'll get Manny to agree to that 14 day offer you guys gave.

AH: I mean, that's great Ross, but you know how Floyd is. He said it was off the table now, so I don't think that's going to matter.

RG: Can you give him a call and see what you can do?

AH: I'll do my best.

Click! Click!

Ross Greenburg: Bob, it's Ross again. Hey, I talked to Al and he said he'll do his best to get Floyd to agree to those original terms.

BA: That's great. If Floyd agrees, then Manny is on board. Now about those dates...

RG: (Cutting in) Hold that though. I've got another call coming in. I'll call you back.

Click! Click!

Floyd Mayweather: Hello.

Al Haymon: Floyd, it's Al. Listen, Ross called and said he talked to Bob and they want to accept the 14-day offer we gave them during...

FM: (Cutting in) Fuck Bob Arum! Like I said before, that offer is off the table. Poochiao is gonna have to take the full random testing, just like Shane's ass did. Take the tests or no fight, period!

AH: That's what you want me to tell Ross?

FM: Yep!

AH: Okay!

Click! Click!

Ross Greenburg: Hello.

Al Haymon: Ross, Al here. I hate to say I told you so, but Floyd said no tests, no fight! The 14-day offer is off the table. Sorry.

RG: Shit! Okay, let me call Bob and see what I can do.

AH: Good luck.

Click! Click!

Ross Greenburg: Bob, Ross again. Look, Floyd is tripping, but give me a couple of weeks and let me see if I can work on them a bit. Maybe if I press Al a bit on some of his other fighters, he'll force Floyd to change his mind.

BA: Do what you gotta do, but I'm not waiting around forever.

Click! Click!

Kevin Iole: Hello.

Bob Arum: Kevin, it's Bob. Hey, good news. I wanted to let you know that we've agreed to all of Mayweather terms. It's up to him. We're just waiting for him to make a decision.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jul 16 2011, 11:20 PM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

^^^^lmao

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 17 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 16 2011, 11:50 PM) *
True true. Although I found it interesting that Arum revealed that the deadline he gave was really about a promise he gave to Ross Greenburg about a "period of exclusivity"...meaning Arum promised him that he wouldn't try to make any other fights for Pacquiao up to a certain date.

[i]Rrrrrrrrrrrring. Rrrrrrrrrrrring. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.

Could be man. I started laughing as soon as I red "rrrrrrrrrring. rrrrrrrrrriiiinnngg".

Refresh my memory, isnt Greenburg the guy that was more in touch w baseball and not even a fan of boxing?

I do like Real Sports w Bryant Gumbal(sp?), and I also LOVED Inside the NFL.

As far as Rafael, man. I dunno. I think he's pretty much a fan boy of certain fighters, and his matchmaking will reflect that. Im not sure I am comfortable with him as the primary matchmaker. Now instead of Areola every week, we'll have to suffer Joel "Ahhhhhhh the Love Child" Julio, etc. Plus, Rafael has beef with certain fighters (or the other way around) - will those fighters be treated fairly?

I dont think Rafael is the be all end all of boxing...but I read his stuff (basically cuz i read most of everything from anyone when it comes to certain fights/fighters), but there's something about him being made HBO's match maker that just doesnt sit right with me, and its NOT me being a hater.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 17 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #16

The Consultant

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 16 2011, 10:50 PM) *

Ross Greenburg: Bob, it's Ross.

BA: Aaaahhhh....what the fuck do you want now Ross?

RG: Bob, you gotta work with me here. I'm catching some heat to make this fight happen. Is there anything we can do to work something out?

BA: Yeah, you can quit giving all the damn dates to those idiots over at Golden Boy, and start paying us what we're worth. I've got all the top talent. If you don't quit dicking around, I'm taking all my fighters over to Showtime.

RG: Whatever you want, Bob. I just have to get this fight done. But you know Floyd wants Manny to take those tests. What if I can get them to agree to that 14-day offer they suggested during mediation? Do you think you can get Manny to agree to that?

BA: Look, I can get Manny to agree to 14 days, but I'm going to need some guarantees as far as dates for future fights are concerned.

RG: No problem Bob. Let me call Al and see what I can do. Just promise that you won't move forward with any other fights for Manny. I just need some time to work on Al, but I promise I'll get it done.

BA: You have my word, but the clock is ticking!

Click! Click!

Al Haymon: Hello.

Ross Greenburg: Al, it's Ross. Hey, Bob says he'll get Manny to agree to that 14 day offer you guys gave.

AH: I mean, that's great Ross, but you know how Floyd is. He said it was off the table now, so I don't think that's going to matter.

RG: Can you give him a call and see what you can do?

AH: I'll do my best.

Click! Click!

Ross Greenburg: Bob, it's Ross again. Hey, I talked to Al and he said he'll do his best to get Floyd to agree to those original terms.

BA: That's great. If Floyd agrees, then Manny is on board. Now about those dates...

RG: (Cutting in) Hold that though. I've got another call coming in. I'll call you back.

Click! Click!

Floyd Mayweather: Hello.

Al Haymon: Floyd, it's Al. Listen, Ross called and said he talked to Bob and they want to accept the 14-day offer we gave them during...

FM: (Cutting in) Fuck Bob Arum! Like I said before, that offer is off the table. Poochiao is gonna have to take the full random testing, just like Shane's ass did. Take the tests or no fight, period!

AH: That's what you want me to tell Ross?

FM: Yep!

AH: Okay!

Click! Click!

Ross Greenburg: Hello.

Al Haymon: Ross, Al here. I hate to say I told you so, but Floyd said no tests, no fight! The 14-day offer is off the table. Sorry.

RG: Shit! Okay, let me call Bob and see what I can do.

AH: Good luck.

Click! Click!

Ross Greenburg: Bob, Ross again. Look, Floyd is tripping, but give me a couple of weeks and let me see if I can work on them a bit. Maybe if I press Al a bit on some of his other fighters, he'll force Floyd to change his mind.

BA: Do what you gotta do, but I'm not waiting around forever.

Click! Click!

Kevin Iole: Hello.

Bob Arum: Kevin, it's Bob. Hey, good news. I wanted to let you know that we've agreed to all of Mayweather terms. It's up to him. We're just waiting for him to make a decision.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Classic!!!! Classic Post!!!! Thanks Hype!

Jack

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Jul 18 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

Ross Greenburg, the longtime head of HBO Sports, is leaving the pay-television channel.

The move was not entirely unexpected. Over the last several months speculation has grown that there was tension between Greenburg and his bosses at HBO over the defection of boxer Manny Pacquiao to rival Showtime.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainm...g-exiting-.html

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 18 2011, 02:05 PM
Post #18

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=27289

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 18 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #19

This just in: The earth is not flat.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 23 2011, 01:38 AM
Post #20

The Consultant

Member No.: 14

Check out Danny's article on the front page. It is brilliant, and explains many reasons why Greenburg was forced out:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10373.html

Jack

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 01:36 PM