IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do You Defeat The Klitschko Brothers?
Method
post Jul 18 2011, 04:17 PM
Post #21

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 18 2011, 04:29 PM) *
Just because it's been attempted doesn't mean it wouldn't work. Physical talent is assumed here. You're not gonna beat a Klitschko on strategy alone.

I dont understand how that reads. Just because its been attempted doesn't mean it wouldn't work?

My contention is that baby brother has been KO'd by guys that did FAR LESS, and strategized FAR LESS.

When his chin gets touched, he goes into John Ruiz mode.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jul 18 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #22

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,849

Wlad has been tagged by right hands he could see comin' from miles away. And from a single-fisted opponent.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jul 19 2011, 02:26 AM
Post #23

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

I'm a little surprised that so many people take a prime Tyson over Vitali by KO or TKO. I could easily see him beating Wlad by KO, but I don't think he stops Vitali. Maybe he could win a dec by just activity and pressure against Vitali, but Vitali has Proven he can take a punch. I know he messed up his shoulder or whatever against Byrd and the corner stopped the fight, but after the Lewis fight he earned by respect. I never have seen the guy truly hurt by a punch in his career and he's faced some good punchers.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Jul 19 2011, 02:29 AM

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jul 19 2011, 05:47 AM
Post #24

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

Yeah. But Vitali needs to borrow some skills from his china-chinned brotha. His chin alone will not hold up.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 19 2011, 08:05 AM
Post #25

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 18 2011, 05:17 PM) *
I dont understand how that reads. Just because its been attempted doesn't mean it wouldn't work?

My contention is that baby brother has been KO'd by guys that did FAR LESS, and strategized FAR LESS.

When his chin gets touched, he goes into John Ruiz mode.

just because its been tried before doesn't mean it wouldn't work if done correctly, by a fighter with some skills. Wlad is a much better fighter than he used to be, and he's inculcated himself against fighters whose strategy essentially amounts to nothing more than throwing limp jabs to the body then leaping up with wide punches. David Haye should have at least tried looping punches instead of just leaping with lead left hooks. Wlad is better conditioned, more courageous, sharper, slicker, and smarter than he used to be. Brewster beat him because Wlad punched himself out during a time in his career when he wasn't yet fully committed to his craft.

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Jul 19 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #26

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

OK. I'm not going to lie. You dont know how big a 6'6 255lb guy is until your standing right in front of him. I'm only 5'9 and the tallest guy ive fought was 6'4, and you would beat them the same way i beat him. Get inside, where he cant use his jab, and use combinations. But, honestly, whoever stands in front of either one of them with heart and skill could KO either one of them.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 19 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #27

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (mrwigi @ Jul 19 2011, 10:22 PM) *
OK. I'm not going to lie. You dont know how big a 6'6 255lb guy is until your standing right in front of him. I'm only 5'9 and the tallest guy ive fought was 6'4, and you would beat them the same way i beat him. Get inside, where he cant use his jab, and use combinations. But, honestly, whoever stands in front of either one of them with heart and skill could KO either one of them.

Problem is Wlad grabs you like an octopuss on the inside and the refs never let them fight on the inside. Not to mention the division sucks and who truly is a tough good strong inside fighter to pull off such a win? For a long time I have always thought Tua would be the best bet to beat Klit. He can only fight on the inside and eventually he'd land a left hook that would ice Klit. Problem is Tua is so inactive and to be honest I have not seen him fight in quite some time.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 20 2011, 03:45 AM
Post #28

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

this is how you beat wladimir and nothing has changed... manny steward or not...
just seems the guys they fight are scared to go into that battlezone like sanders did... sanders is the last guy wlad fought that was from that school of fighters of the 90's and you see the outcome... and he was nowhere near the best of the bunch. wlad would have got his ass handled during the 90's...

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 20 2011, 03:46 AM
Post #29

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 19 2011, 10:48 PM) *
Problem is Wlad grabs you like an octopuss on the inside and the refs never let them fight on the inside. Not to mention the division sucks and who truly is a tough good strong inside fighter to pull off such a win? For a long time I have always thought Tua would be the best bet to beat Klit. He can only fight on the inside and eventually he'd land a left hook that would ice Klit. Problem is Tua is so inactive and to be honest I have not seen him fight in quite some time.

tua has a fight coming up son i believe with monte barrett... rematch...

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 20 2011, 03:49 AM
Post #30

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 20 2011, 03:45 AM) *
this is how you beat wladimir and nothing has changed... manny steward or not...
just seems the guys they fight are scared to go into that battlezone like sanders did... sanders is the last guy wlad fought that was from that school of fighters of the 90's and you see the outcome... and he was nowhere near the best of the bunch. wlad would have got his ass handled during the 90's...

this is the reason they signed chris arreolla to fight vitali and not vitali... arreolas style would have gave wlad all kinds of hell... same reason they signed tony thompson to fight wlad and not vitali... with them ruling both on top they are able to seperate the fighters and are fighting the contenders that best suit their styles... cant say i blame them if they want to win but the fans lose in the long run..

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 08:55 PM