IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pacquiao hires outside firm to handle boxing contracts, Alters landscape of Team Pacquiao; Arum will be PISSED
thehype
post Jul 20 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #1

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Thoughts on how this will have an impact on his relationship with Top Rank:

MANNY PACQUIAO HIRES OUTSIDE FIRM TO HANDLE BOXING CONTRACTS; ALTERS LANDSCAPE OF TEAM PACQUIAO

According to a press release on his official website, MP8.ph, Manny Pacquiao has hired the services of VisionQwest Resource Group, Inc. and VisionQwest Accountancy Group, to handle "all accounting, personal and business tax, audits and examinations, as well as all contract reviews." The firm, which specializes in in taxation, corporate finance and organizational structuring, strategic planning and marketing, will now be responsible for reviewing all contracts, including those regarding his boxing career, prior to his signing. The most interesting information noted in the press release is that VisionQwest has retained the services of "a strong boxing business professional who has a solid background in fighter management and negotiations."

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10357.html

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 20 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #2

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

Good news IMO, Arum can be pissed all he wants to...rather know that he gets pissed on honestly! lolz

+Quote Post
zucrates
post Jul 20 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #3

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,693

QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 20 2011, 12:07 PM) *
Good news IMO, Arum can be pissed all he wants to...rather know that he gets pissed on honestly! lolz

Glad to see the firing or replacing was true because I seen a post the other day blasting Fight Hype(I don't remember who posted it) the other day. I feel this site keeps it real even though there are lots of claims of bias that always gets proven wrong. Thanks again Fight Hype for keeping boxing fans rightfully informed and giving us a level playing field. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Jul 20 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,263

Great news, it looks like Pac is keepin' it real FUCK THE HATERS

This post has been edited by mexi-cutioner: Jul 20 2011, 11:26 AM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 20 2011, 11:28 AM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 20 2011, 11:01 AM) *

MANNY PACQUIAO HIRES OUTSIDE FIRM TO HANDLE BOXING CONTRACTS; ALTERS LANDSCAPE OF TEAM PACQUIAO

According to a press release on his official website, MP8.ph, Manny Pacquiao has hired the services of VisionQwest Resource Group, Inc. and VisionQwest Accountancy Group, to handle "all accounting, personal and business tax, audits and examinations, as well as all contract reviews." The firm, which specializes in in taxation, corporate finance and organizational structuring, strategic planning and marketing, will now be responsible for reviewing all contracts, including those regarding his boxing career, prior to his signing. The most interesting information noted in the press release is that VisionQwest has retained the services of "a strong boxing business professional who has a solid background in fighter management and negotiations."

read more

I like this,

More fighters should hire outside firms like this and have proper legal representation behind them, before signing contracts with promoters. Manny's use of this example gives a system of checks and balances to neutralize some promotional power. Now of course, that assumes that the third party company is honest in working with the fighters, because so many times, promoter's aren't.

Jack

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 20 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (zucrates @ Jul 20 2011, 11:24 AM) *
Glad to see the firing or replacing was true because I seen a post the other day blasting Fight Hype(I don't remember who posted it) the other day. I feel this site keeps it real even though there are lots of claims of bias that always gets proven wrong. Thanks again Fight Hype for keeping boxing fans rightfully informed and giving us a level playing field. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

The truth is I didn't see anyone blast Hype and if they did, it's dumb as fuck cause truth be told, there are so many stories coming outta the team pac camp that who knows if this is even right but I hope it is. Time will tell I guess and I hope it is true and that pacman clears his name and gives Arum and everyone else a wake up call!

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Jul 20 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,263

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 20 2011, 09:28 AM) *
I like this,

More fighters should hire outside firms like this and have proper legal representation behind them, before signing contracts with promoters. Manny's use of this example gives a system of checks and balances to neutralize some promotional power. Now of course, that assumes that the third party company is honest in working with the fighters, because so many times, promoter's aren't.

Jack

I like where your head is at. It's unfortunate that most of the fighters can't afford this third party representation however. In a perfect world everyone would have this to keep the Don King's and Bob Arum's of the world in constant check...there would also be retirement pensions for all fighters and insurance in case of accidental death or injury

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Jul 20 2011, 11:50 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark" perfect line. So they are an audit firm! Why would Pacman need an audit firm to review his contracts since 2005? Someone has been stealing from the cookie jar.... Arum never learns. What a distraction this is.... You can fool the people sometime but you can't fool the people all the time. I wonder if Fat ass Dan Rafael will commit on this? What news what news what news. What's next Arum gets fired and Pac joins Golden Boy or Mayweather Promotions, the irony.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jul 20 2011, 11:54 AM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

no wonder oscar and floyd left arum

+Quote Post
True-Boxing-Fan
post Jul 20 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 20 2011, 09:01 AM) *

read more

Well I say, big F'ing deal. Who give a S#%# who he hires or doesnt hire. It's much ado about nothing. I say the coverage and BS that's being covered regarding Pacquiao and Mayweather is garbage. Who cares if he pisses this person off or that person got fire. Just make the F'ing fight. Personally i hope they both lose there next fight and this fight gets blown. To me the outcome is already tainted if they do end up fighting.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 10:08 AM