IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pacquiao hires outside firm to handle boxing contracts, Alters landscape of Team Pacquiao; Arum will be PISSED
Box in Hand
post Jul 20 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #31

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 20 2011, 08:33 PM) *
More than getting sloppy 3rds or 4ths (with the likes of Mosley and DLH), I think he was referring to the fact that Manny pays out a lot more to his team. He's not clearing as much as May.

Is it that or does he actually not make as much? May makes of upwards of $30 million a fight plus some of the PPV gate. How does Manny fare and isn't he still paying De La Hoya?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 20 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

I think we can all agree that at least it's a step in the right direction. And it also leads me to speculate that Manny is more than ever starting to look at life past boxing and wanting to make sure he maximises everything he can before he cashes out. This type of money won't be available to him forever, as many fighters have found out too their cost.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jul 20 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #33

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Hops @ Jul 20 2011, 06:36 PM) *
But look at Manny's official website. Mp8? Looks amateurish. And rumours have it that this Timothy James is the one suppying Team Pac with steroids. That it was not his real name. That he's hiding behind his past.

And I'm sure that every writer is guilty of making the mistake of not reaching to out every concerned party involved.

Old news. Yes, his full name is Timothy James Sladek and he was a cop who went to jail in 1997 for robbing a jewelry store in order to get money to supply his bodybuilding addiction, which obviously involved possession of steroids.

NO, he's not the one "supplying" Team Pac with steroids (after all, I thought Manny wasn't on anything), although it certainly does help Floyd Mayweather's case about "not having any reason to suspect Pacquiao is on something".

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I don't think he's necessarily "hiding behind his past"...as Michael Marley likes to write (I assume you've been reading a lot of him lately...man Hops, you have GOT to be a Pactard if you read him)...but I think he just gets tired of that past defining him anytime somebody meets him. I could be wrong, but that's kind of the impression I got.

Oh, and speaking of writers, if I were Michael Marley, I don't know if I'd be so quick to sling mud on people....not when I know about an email from him that shows him asking for $15,000.00 just to put someone in contact with the right people at Top Rank Promotions to extend an offer to. I mean, hey, I'm not going to knock the man's hustle, but I just wouldn't act like I'm a saint while I'm destroying another person if I were him. I'm just sayin.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jul 20 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #34

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 20 2011, 10:56 PM) *
I think we can all agree that at least it's a step in the right direction. And it also leads me to speculate that Manny is more than ever starting to look at life past boxing and wanting to make sure he maximises everything he can before he cashes out. This type of money won't be available to him forever, as many fighters have found out too their cost.

Agreed. In my opinion, it could be a right step in the direction of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao too.

On a side note, there's a reason why both Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather bashed Arum, left him, and then started making even more money without him than with him.

I'm just sayin.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jul 20 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #35

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

Interesting.

The dude who appears to be top dog at VisionQuest is a fraud expert.

The dude heading up accounting and taxes is Filipino.

VisionQuest is currently raising $1.6 billion for acquisitions and expansion.

Could it be that Pac has taken a significant position in VisionQuest?

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jul 21 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #36

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

VisionQwest +Domingo ='s the $h@t hit the fan - Pac cleans house

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496224

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: Jul 21 2011, 02:19 AM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jul 21 2011, 02:21 AM
Post #37

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

Manny Pacquiao net worth only $26 million?

http://theboxingtribune.com/2011/07/manny-...gly-26-million/

+Quote Post
riddick
post Jul 21 2011, 03:44 AM
Post #38

Amateur

Member No.: 12,555

Hey guys, what you think about PPV buys May-Ortiz and Marquez-Pac, which will more.Arum expect 1,6 million Pac's fight, i think will be 1.4 maximum 1.5 million.And Floyd fights will be 1.6, Floyd - Money!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 21 2011, 09:01 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 1,253

Im thinking Paq/Marq does more. Who knows.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jul 21 2011, 09:58 AM
Post #40

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

VisionQuest looks like a front company to me. Their site is cheesy. It seems to have been created and edited by ESL students. The office looks like it was put together in a day for the photo-op. The personnel seem less than 1st tier.

VisionQuest appears to me to be a company that is focused on recruiting health care staff from PI for placement in the USA and outsourcing accounting work to PI.

It would not be surprising if Pac is the primary of the sports division. His stake (as well as VisionQuest's services rendered) may be paid for in total by his ability to attract other athletes and venture capital.

Pac is to be the face. The question is who is behind this front company? It is possible that it is exactly what it appears to be and Pac's fame and energy are expected to take them to the next level.

VisionQuest seems no worse than the many startups out there soliciting people like me for funding of their ambitious, pie in the sky projects. The difference is VisionQuest has Pac.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 04:38 AM