IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pacquiao hires outside firm to handle boxing contracts, Alters landscape of Team Pacquiao; Arum will be PISSED
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 21 2011, 03:47 PM
Post #61

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

What, other than making a poor business decision on a spur of the moment, constitutes Manny being a less competent business decision-maker than his wife? And what exactly makes her more qualified to make business decisions? Perhaps we should find out the reason why VisionQwest was terminated before damning Bob Arum, no? If this stuff turns out to be true, and Bob Arums is revealed to be the conniving scumbag people assumed he was, this will turn out to be a pretty remarkable piece of reporting. Promoter's have taken so much advantage of fighters over the decades, and because of their legal naivety, they're usually incapable of doing much about it even if they have suspicions.

My only problem with all this is: Why isn't anyone else reporting on any of this? If at all true, it has much wider implications than just "Bob Arum screwing Manny out of money".
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 21 2011, 04:03 PM
Post #62

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 21 2011, 04:47 PM) *
What, other than making a poor business decision on a spur of the moment, constitutes Manny being a less competent business decision-maker than his wife? And what exactly makes her more qualified to make business decisions? Perhaps we should find out the reason why VisionQwest was terminated before damning Bob Arum, no? If this stuff turns out to be true, and Bob Arums is revealed to be the conniving scumbag people assumed he was, this will turn out to be a pretty remarkable piece of reporting. Promoter's have taken so much advantage of fighters over the decades, and because of their legal naivety, they're usually incapable of doing much about it even if they have suspicions.

My only problem with all this is: Why isn't anyone else reporting on any of this? If at all true, it has much wider implications than just "Bob Arum screwing Manny out of money".

Perhaps saying she's "better at business" isn't the correct term, although, thus far, she appears to be doing a better job at running her business ventures than Manny is at running his own (i.e. MP Promotions). What's far more important is that she's more intelligent than him when it comes to recognizing the right moves to make. Manny takes a ho-hum approach to things. Instead of being proactive, he tends to not really care about things until something has already happened and it's too late. She, on the other hand, is far more astute when it comes to being interested in what's going on around her. That doesn't necessarily make her better at business, per se, but it certainly gives her an advantage at recognizing when she's being fucked over.

I know the reason why they were terminated. I spelled it out in the articles. Pacquiao was duped into it.

I couldn't tell you why no one else is reporting on it; same reason why they didn't report on him hiring VisionQwest I suppose. They're just not interested I guess. You would have to ask them.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 21 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #63

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 21 2011, 04:10 PM) *
Did you miss the article that clearly says Bob Arum is trying to remove VisionQwest from Pacquiao's services because he's not happy about the fact that they contacted NSAC to gather information? Did that not sum things up?

No. I do not deduce from that, that Bob Arum is fucking over Pacquiao. What I deduce from that is that Arum is pissed about the involvement of VisonQwest. Too many chefs in the kitchen. COULD Arum be fucking Pacquiao over? Yup, its possible, but nothing dropped so far by sources close to the info has proven that.

Arum shouldn't be surprised in the least that VisionQwest asked to see the contracts. They're conducting an audit. Those contracts are filed w the state. That's common practice that VisionQwest would want to check the contracts on file. We'll see. Or not.

My only question (maybe its valid and maybe it ain't) - what the fuck is taking VisionQwest so damn long to uncover any improprieties? It just doesn't take that fucking long. The other question is, how could Bob Arum convinced Pacquiao to drop VQ's services?

I don't believe Manny's business mind is all there whatsoever. He and Jinny are blind leading the blind, in all likelihood - "show me the way to the next Karaoke joint"

I think the only thing I maintained in this thread is that the whole situation is chaotic, contradictory, and nothing has really been established - well, other than maybe a bunch of gravy-traners jockeying for position on the Pacquiao scrotum pole.

I doesn't appear that VisionQwest is that capable. It doesn't seem that Manny and his inner-circle are that capable. I could be wrong, given that nobody seems to have the slightest clue, but I think my money is on Bob Arum in all of this. Give me the Harvard honors grad, who has extensive experience in tax law. How is it that Arum, who has no authority to do so himself, convinced Manny and Co. to terminate VisionQwest?

I have every reason to believe you are in touch w sources close to the information. Of that Im sure. I also believe that the information (and thus the headlines) is all over the place because Pac and his crew are all over the place.

Pacq's ripping through his money, and now all the sudden he's looking to blame somebody for why he don't have what he thought he did.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 21 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #64

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

i just want to know what Arum doesn't want Pac to find out about.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 21 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #65

What "evidence" did Koncz present to Manny is what I'm asking.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 21 2011, 06:23 PM
Post #66

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 21 2011, 06:06 PM) *
"show me the way to the next Karaoke joint"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That's fucked up and yet oh so funny.

Seemed to me like you were implying that you had no idea what point the articles on the front page were trying to point out. In my opinion, it seemed fairly obvious that if you read above, below, and between the lines, it looks as though Bob Arum is covering his tracks, and the easiest way to do that is to eliminate the people following the tracks. I figured as long as you've been around here, you would know that, but clearly, I'll have to start doing a better job of making it more crystal clear.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 21 2011, 06:26 PM
Post #67

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 21 2011, 06:16 PM) *
What "evidence" did Koncz present to Manny is what I'm asking.

Documentation, a snippet from a contract essentially, that looks as though VisionQwest got him to sign a power of attorney, giving them full control of his business affairs.

Pretty sure I mentioned that in one of the articles.

Essentially, he was convinced that VisionQwest was trying to take over his business dealings, he got pissed, and canned them.

When someone is gullible, it's very easy to control them...especially when you know in advance the right things to say and the right way to manipulate them.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 21 2011, 07:48 PM
Post #68

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 21 2011, 07:23 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That's fucked up and yet oh so funny.

Seemed to me like you were implying that you had no idea what point the articles on the front page were trying to point out. In my opinion, it seemed fairly obvious that if you read above, below, and between the lines, it looks as though Bob Arum is covering his tracks, and the easiest way to do that is to eliminate the people following the tracks. I figured as long as you've been around here, you would know that, but clearly, I'll have to start doing a better job of making it more crystal clear.

I know what articles were trying to point out. And I know this is not you making shit up, but sourcing people close to the information.

My point is that the sources close to the information seem to be all over the place - Koncz is out. Koncz says he's in. MP8.com is unofficial. Arizia says Koncz is out. MP8.com is Official. Manny says Koncz is in. Vision Qwest is in. Vision Qwest is out...etc etc.

At face value, it would seem Arum is covering his tracks. Perhaps Arum is such a shark that he knows how dumb Manny/Manny's team are that he's trying to milk the fuck out of them. I wouldn't be surprised. If that was the case, wouldn't VQ be able find the improprieties?

I also wouldn't be surprised if, even though Manny might be getting terms that were unfavorable, it was all done legally (I'm not saying it is or it isn't). So, what was it after a year of investigatory work (it didn't even take the ENRON people that long to get to the bottom of it after shit started to stink), that would cause Manny to kick them to the curb?

Arum has no authority to hire/fire Vision Qwest. I'd like to know how it is that VQ came into Manny's employ, and how it was that after a year on his payroll, they and their investigatory work was so easily dismissed by Pacquiao? The power of attorney is standard. They would need that to access all those contracts, etc. Its a LOT more efficient to get access to all past legal contracts, etc, with a blanket executed Power-of-Attorney than it would be tracking Manny down for his authority for every single thing.

Truth is though, after first learning of VQ through this site and just doing some digging on them, they seem all wrong for the job, and I stated as much back on page 2. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong. I just said it doesn't smell right. So, that Manny got suspicious of VQ doesn't surprise me. Perhaps they got a whiff of how much of a mark Manny is and tried to get in on the sweepstakes.

Who knows.

As I've kinda maintained, I tend to like to let these things play out, as experience has shown me that things are never as black and white as the sources close to the situation would have us all believe. That's all.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 24 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #69

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I wouldn't be surprised if mannys just getting milked by arum either.. after all didn't arum have troubles over money with other boxers too. Ahem.. pavlik.. ahem.. mayweather

If so poor manny, he seems like an alright dude.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 24 2011, 08:43 AM
Post #70

The picture painted by Ben Thompson of Manny Pacquiao is of a completely naive dunce. I don't quite buy it. Why can't he ask Alex Ariza his thoughts on the subject? Not saying Ben Thompson is trying to be misleading to get at Bob Arum, but I don't feel like I'm getting a complete picture. Who convinced Manny to hire VisionQwest in the first place? And why can't this person convince Manny that Arum and Koncz are misleading him regarding VisionQwest? I mean, why hire them in the first place if it wasn't out of a mistrust of Koncz and Arum? Why would he suddenly believe Koncz without getting someone else's opinion? Is Manny really so indifferent regarding his business decisions? And, if so, why hire VisionQwest in the first place?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 02:58 AM