IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gang of Chinese people beat on a little white kid, crowd just looks on., I felt bad for this kid.
Warlord
post Jul 22 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 22 2011, 01:19 AM) *
Very good point.

IMO, the Chinese people were broken in the 20th Century. Makes me wonder what the North Korean populace has been turned into.

Crazy. Literally. I had an acquaintance who had the chance to tour North Korea several years ago. (French chick.) One of her friends had taken a video camera and was filming outside their hotel when some random, super-old senior citizen slapped the shit out of the camera and started attacking the dude because he thought the guy was an American.

In another episode they went to visit some place that I can only describe as a church, except instead of religious paraphernalia there was a huge picture of Kim ll-sung overlooking the pews. Some old, hungry looking guys (and gals) were there entranced in a religious fervor, shouting to the picture that they would take up guns and kill every American they saw to defend the great fatherland.

Maybe the funniest thing she told me was that one of the tour guides (still convinced she and her companions were Americans) asked her, "Is it true that all Americans dream of murdering North Korean babies?"

I mean, how do you combat that kind of propaganda? It's not nearly as bad in China now, but there was a time when it was just as bad. And a lot of that sentiment is left over, and even stoked up by the CCP whenever they need to deflect attention away from themselves.

A good example is the Boxer Rebellion, when a bunch of magic-fisted idiots decided it was a good idea to attack foreign embassies and massacre Christian missionaries. Of course foreign troops were sent in to protect their own people.

But you know what that incident is called in the Chinese history books? "The Eight Country Invasion." Just ridiculous.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jul 22 2011, 07:41 AM
Post #12

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 22 2011, 05:01 AM) *
I had my wife take a look at it, and she said judging by their accents they were a bunch of peasants in some backwoods hillbilly province. Which is most of mainland China.

She said one of the people there accused the kid of stealing something, which I guess clears up why the dude felt the need to step on the kids fingers.

Whatever the case, there is no excuse for grown men to be kicking a kid and then stomping on his fingers. This shit may happen in other places around the world, but no one has perfected the art of standing around watching people get tortured the way the Chinese have.

Recently there was a story here about a mother picking up her son at Pudong airport (Shanghai China) as he was returning home for a visit from Canada. (He was studying abroad.) The dude asked his mom for some money and she refused, so he stabbed her repeatedly right there at the airport in front of everyone. No one made a move to help her. Finally an American who happened to be walking through the airport stopped to help her and called the police.

This is just a recent example. You can go back to World War II and see pictures of the Japanese soldiers torturing Chinese peasants to death, while a hundred other peasants looked on and did nothing. Just fucked up.

Well that coulda been out of fear, not that they didn't care. The rest of your post could be on point though. Never set foot in the country so I dunno.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 22 2011, 08:49 AM
Post #13

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

On reflection the worst thing about that video is the ignorant comments from stupid niggas & crackers who know no better.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jul 22 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #14

Heavyweight

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 22 2011, 02:49 PM) *
On reflection the worst thing about that video is the ignorant comments from stupid niggas & crackers who know no better.

Oh god, I can only imagine.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 22 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #15

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Snoop @ Jul 23 2011, 02:09 AM) *
Oh god, I can only imagine.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Not being racist when I made that comment either. All those people who are making comments need a fuckin bullet in the head.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 22 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (Snoop @ Jul 22 2011, 07:41 AM) *
Well that coulda been out of fear, not that they didn't care. The rest of your post could be on point though. Never set foot in the country so I dunno.

If you want to take that isolated incident and say it was fear-based non-interference, be my guest. Now explain why everyone was standing around watching that little kid get his fingers stomped on by a grown ass man.

I'm not gonna post those pics of the World War II torture because, quite frankly, they're gruesome. But I refuse to believe that a thousand peasants on the street refuse to attack a single Japanese soldier because they're afraid. If they were afraid they would be running away, not gathering around in a crowd gawking. Non-interference when shit gets tough is a rampant disease here in China, and it has nothing to do with fear. Or maybe it has everything to do with it. I don't even know anymore.

But if you're such a fucking coward that you can't help an old woman getting stabbed to death in an airport, or help a child in need, you need a bullet in your brain. I mean at least call the fucking cops if you can't sack up enough to take an active hand. Why gawk and do nothing?

My wife once told me that the Chinese are encouraged to be passive in school. Most likely some government mandated shit to keep another Tianamen Square uprising from happening again. I had a dude here whose father was a policeman tell me that women are instructed not to fight a rapist if they're being assaulted, because they think the rapist might then kill her. He explained to me that life was the most important thing to Chinese people. He asked me if it was the same in the U.S. I told him it wasn't, that most women will struggle or call for help.

He said aren't they afraid he'll kill them, and I said I guess sometimes self-respect is more important to some people than life. He looked weird and said we should change the subject. Shit like that just reminds me how different people really are.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jul 22 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #17

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 23 2011, 05:26 AM) *
If you want to take that isolated incident and say it was fear-based non-interference, be my guest. Now explain why everyone was standing around watching that little kid get his fingers stomped on by a grown ass man.

I'm not gonna post those pics of the World War II torture because, quite frankly, they're gruesome. But I refuse to believe that a thousand peasants on the street refuse to attack a single Japanese soldier because they're afraid. If they were afraid they would be running away, not gathering around in a crowd gawking. Non-interference when shit gets tough is a rampant disease here in China, and it has nothing to do with fear. Or maybe it has everything to do with it. I don't even know anymore.

But if you're such a fucking coward that you can't help an old woman getting stabbed to death in an airport, or help a child in need, you need a bullet in your brain. I mean at least call the fucking cops if you can't sack up enough to take an active hand. Why gawk and do nothing?

My wife once told me that the Chinese are encouraged to be passive in school. Most likely some government mandated shit to keep another Tianamen Square uprising from happening again. I had a dude here whose father was a policeman tell me that women are instructed not to fight a rapist if they're being assaulted, because they think the rapist might then kill her. He explained to me that life was the most important thing to Chinese people. He asked me if it was the same in the U.S. I told him it wasn't, that most women will struggle or call for help.

He said aren't they afraid he'll kill them, and I said I guess sometimes self-respect is more important to some people than life. He looked weird and said we should change the subject. Shit like that just reminds me how different people really are.

I'm just referring to your reference of the Japanese occupation. When you have a regime torturing a population, my guess is that most of them don't interfere because they fear the same fate if they get involved. I mean, that's been the case for most places when a population's homeland is invaded. Dunno about the crowd-gawking though, that seems a bit voyeuristic and disturbing.

In terms of all the other incidents, like I said, I'm in agreement with you. It's pretty lowlife. I think there's some truth to what your wife said about the social conditioning of people in China, or even for most parts of East Asia. There's more of a collective identity and repression of individual expression. Don't get me wrong, an over abundance of individuality is problematic too, but when you got people standing around while a kid's hands are being stomped on, yeah, there's something wrong with the kool-aid.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Jul 22 2011, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:13 AM