Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tron
Warlord
post Jul 21 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

Going back and catching up on some 80s classics that I didn't see during my childhood. Just finished Tron and its sequel Tron: Legacy. Pretty sweet fucking movies. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed them.

Any of you guys like these movies?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 22 2011, 01:57 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 21 2011, 03:38 PM) *
The original Tron (I thought it was late 70s) was excellent and ahead of its time, kind of like Blade Runner but not quite so great. I haven't seen the new one but I think I will tonight since I have heard several positive comments, including yours.

Yeah, its worth checking out. The music is excellent, and there are a lot of nods to the original there. Flynn, Bradley, Clu, and Tron all have major roles. We even see Dillinger's son for a few moments. The growth of 'The Grid' is cool, and a lot of the old programs designed by Flynn are still there, though they too have evolved since the events in the first film.

Olivia Wilde is sexy as shit in the movie as well.

Now that I think about it, Tron was kind of a latter day digital Fantastic Voyage. If you haven't seen Blade Runner or Fantastic Voyage, they are worth checking out.

You are correct. Tron was a 1982 flick (same vintage as Blade Runner).

Haven't seen Fantastic Voyage, but I've seen Blade Runner in most of its incarnations.

I'm gonna do a Planet of the Apes marathon next, I think. I remember very little about those movies, with the exception of some key scenes such as Heston's discovery of the Statue of Liberty at the end of the first one.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jul 22 2011, 04:27 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

I thought that they did something truely extraordinary with Tron: Legacy. To make a film that acts as booth a sequel to an original, yet due to it being 30 years later, it had to also stand on it's own for those that had or would not see the orginal....they did an excellent job!

I still would have liked to see Sark somewhere in there, somehow..even if it was just in a hologram message or something.

Speaking of POTA.....what do you think of the new prequel that's coming out? At first I was dead set that it looked terrible...but after I've given it some thought...I really think they may be able to make a pretty decent orgin story out of it, the more previews I see the more I'm liking it.

It just appears that this is so early in their origin that the apes will not speak and have very little human looks to them....but I think it might be pretty good afterall.

CANNOT WAIT to see Ridley Scott's prequel to Alien. To give that project back to the man that brought it to us....it's going to be great. AND...as a kid I was always dumbfounded by the Space Jocky in Alien....my understanding is that the alien in this film will look very different as it will have come from that HUGE space jocky race.

Should be interesting.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jul 23 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #4

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 21 2011, 11:57 PM) *
Yeah, its worth checking out. The music is excellent, and there are a lot of nods to the original there. Flynn, Bradley, Clu, and Tron all have major roles. We even see Dillinger's son for a few moments. The growth of 'The Grid' is cool, and a lot of the old programs designed by Flynn are still there, though they too have evolved since the events in the first film.

Olivia Wilde is sexy as shit in the movie as well.

Saw it last night. It was very good. I think the sound track was the best part. In fact, it was probably the best I have ever had in my home theater. It just envelops you with the surround sound. Never felt anything like it. Course I was buzzed.

This post has been edited by SmartyBeardo: Jul 23 2011, 10:27 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:30 PM