IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Timothy Bradley has been promised Pacquiao, slated to fight on Pac-JMM undercard
mexi-cutioner
post Jul 24 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,263

Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions speculated yesterday at the Khan vs Judah post-fight press conference that junior welterweight Timothy Bradley has been promised a fight with Manny Pacquiao by Top Rank, and that he'll fight on the November 12 undercard of the Pacquiao vs Marquez III event in Las Vegas.

"What’s wrong with December [for a Khan vs Bradley fight]?" [Schaefer] asked aloud. "He’s not available in December? Probably not. Probably because he’s going to be fighting on the Pacquiao card and is promised the Pacquiao fight, that’s why. We don’t need to wait for that, that kind of bulls**t, that kind of plays and games, and so on. We’re in the boxing business. We’re not in the gaming business."

First of all, I love Schaefer's idea that "the boxing business" isn't filled with "plays and games and bulls**t," or, if more applicable, his idea that Golden Boy has never taken part in any of it. You might think that Schaefer wouldn't make this comment, considering it pretty much says that Top Rank did contact Timothy Bradley before Bradley's contract with Gary Shaw Productions and Thompson Boxing was up (which was heavily rumored, with Shaw serving papers to Top Rank, but never proven as true fact).

Though it's not confirmed or anything, it's something I've speculated for a while and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley fight Mike Jones on the undercard since Jones has been shortlisted by Arum as a possible opponent for Pac AND has a date on either the Nov.12 or Dec.3 PPV Card. If it is true, it does add some juice to the undercard which will already feature Brandon Rios vs either Katsidis or Kevin Mitchell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jul 24 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #2

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

LOL. Shhhhhhhhhhhh....don't say that too loud or Bradley might come out of hiding to deny that he's not doing anything with Top Rank.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 24 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #3

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

LOL... Makes sense if this is true.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jul 24 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #4

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

Promises, promises.

If Ramming Speed really had self-confidence, he would have fought Amere Con last night to build his marketability. Assuming he had been victorious, his negotiating position would have been much stronger for future fights. Even if he lost a tough fight, his marketability would have risen.

Instead he ducked out of the Amere Con fight in favor of sitting on his ass and becoming a non-factor. Everybody in the division has fought (at least once) or will shortly, besides Ramming Speed.

Maybe this is evolving toward Pac v Ramming Speed and FMJ v Amere Con. If Mike Jones is the bar Bradley must clear to get to Pac, it may be too high at WW.

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Jul 24 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,263

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 24 2011, 05:19 PM) *
Promises, promises.

If Ramming Speed really had self-confidence, he would have fought Amere Con last night to build his marketability. Assuming he had been victorious, his negotiating position would have been much stronger for future fights. Even if he lost a tough fight, his marketability would have risen.

Instead he ducked out of the Amere Con fight in favor of sitting on his ass and becoming a non-factor. Everybody in the division has fought (at least once) or will shortly, besides Ramming Speed.

Maybe this is evolving toward Pac v Ramming Speed and FMJ v Amere Con. If Mike Jones is the bar Bradley must clear to get to Pac, it may be too high at WW.

I agree, I can see Jones winning over Bradley and totally botching Top Rank's plans, but then again Jones did barely squeak a controversial decision over Jesus Soto-Karass in their first fight so maybe Top Rank sees soemthing we don't. More than anything, I"d like to see Bradley stay at 140 for atleast another fight and defend his titles on the undercard. .Only problem with that is there's a limited number of opposition he could face. Judah and Alexander r out of the picture, Morales, Guerrero, Maidana have fights in late August/September and Khan is slated to fight again in December. That leaves him with either Soto, Mike Alvarado, Danny Garcia or possibly Victor Cayo if he pulls the victory off over Peterson--and out of that pool only Soto would be a somewhat interesting fight on paper.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jul 24 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #6

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 24 2011, 05:34 PM) *
I agree, I can see Jones winning over Bradley and totally botching Top Rank's plans, but then again Jones did barely squeak a controversial decision over Jesus Soto-Karass in their first fight so maybe Top Rank sees soemthing we don't. More than anything, I"d like to see Bradley stay at 140 for atleast another fight and defend his titles on the undercard. .Only problem with that is there's a limited number of opposition he could face. Judah and Alexander r out of the picture, Morales, Guerrero, Maidana have fights in late August/September and Khan is slated to fight again in December. That leaves him with either Soto, Mike Alvarado, Danny Garcia or possibly Victor Cayo if he pulls the victory off over Peterson--and out of that pool only Soto would be a somewhat interesting fight on paper.

Chose to miss the boat is what he did. If Cayo beats Peterson (which I doubt), he would make a good opponent for the undercard of Pac v JMM.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Jul 24 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Out of all the top fights Manny can fight Bradley has the least chance of beating him IMO.

I like Bradley but his lack of power coupled his willingnesss to stand and fight will hurt him big time against Manny.

Pac by brutal KO in 5.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 25 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

Two more fights and we will have an all new P4P king... and his name is Timothy "Ramming Speed" Bradley!!!

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 25 2011, 12:07 AM
Post #9

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

Double post.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Jul 25 2011, 12:07 AM

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 25 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 25 2011, 01:06 AM) *
Two more fights and we will have an all new P4P king... and his name is Timothy "Ramming Speed" Bradley!!!

No we won't. I'm not even sure he beats Khan. Styles make fights and as much as Khan is hated on these boards I think his style would match favourably against Bradley.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 07:09 AM