IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Timothy Bradley has been promised Pacquiao, slated to fight on Pac-JMM undercard
mexi-cutioner
post Jul 25 2011, 04:30 AM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,263

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Jul 25 2011, 02:22 AM) *
This actually makes a bit of sense for Bradley to get Pac next given there is talk about Khan getting Mayweather next.

Which would could ruin a Mayweather V Pac superfight?

lol how anti-climactic would it be if bradley and khan both upset mayweather and pac and the superfight we were left with, after all the years of hype, was bradley vs khan. That'd be almost as bad as having to debate with snoop about..well anything

This post has been edited by mexi-cutioner: Jul 25 2011, 04:31 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 25 2011, 04:36 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 25 2011, 01:34 AM) *
I agree, I can see Jones winning over Bradley and totally botching Top Rank's plans

Are you and smarty for real? Mike Jones is as bigger hype job as they come. He is like the Michael Grant of the welterweights. Bradley will break him down easily.

Khan would beat Bradley in a close fight. Pac destroys Bradley. Khan gives Mayweather a lot of problems and potentially pulls the upset. Mayweather V Pac is down to the wire. That's how I see all these potential match-ups. And just while we are going around, if Mayweather V Bradley ever comes about, Mayweather wins easily.

Oh and Mayweather provides Ortiz with a boxing clinic.

That's how I see all these potential stylistic match-ups.

This post has been edited by and the NEW: Jul 25 2011, 04:49 AM

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Jul 25 2011, 04:56 AM
Post #23

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,263

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Jul 25 2011, 02:36 AM) *
Are you and smarty for real? Mike Jones is as bigger hype job as they come. He is like the Michael Grant of the welterweights. Bradley will break him down easily.

Khan would beat Bradley in a close fight. Pac destroys Bradley. Khan gives Mayweather a lot of problems and potentially pulls the upset. Mayweather V Pac is down to the wire. That's how I see all these potential match-ups. And just while we are going around, if Mayweather V Bradley ever comes about, Mayweather wins easily.

Oh and Mayweather provides Ortiz with a boxing clinic.

That's how I see all these potential stylistic match-ups.

But I also did say that Jones did barely squeak by against soto karass. so while I can see Jones winning, it'll probably be bradley with the victory. Jones is hyped, but he's got fast hands, decent skills, good power and not to mention a 6 inch height advantage and reach on Bradley. He'll be much bigger than anyone Bradley has faced to date and I doubt Bradley is a heavier puncher than Soto Karass. I wouldn't put money on it, but If I had to I would put it down on Bradley with a decision victory... I just don't see it being as one sided as you believe in favor of Bradley.

This post has been edited by mexi-cutioner: Jul 25 2011, 04:57 AM

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 25 2011, 05:30 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 25 2011, 10:56 AM) *
But I also did say that Jones did barely squeak by against soto karass.

Yes, that you did.

I'm just not sold on Jones. He does have the attributes you describe (less the skills).

He gets very sloppy as he tires and I think Bradley would force the pace with him.

Wouldn't be a blowout ala an early KO, but Bradley would work him over I think and show a real disparity in skills.

This post has been edited by and the NEW: Jul 25 2011, 05:30 AM

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jul 25 2011, 06:01 AM
Post #25

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Bradley will beat the shit out of Jones similar to the way he beat Peterson.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jul 25 2011, 06:52 AM
Post #26

Guests

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 08:38 AM) *
I'm not sure what being slower, cheating, CW or even damaged fighter has to do with it. At the end of the day Margarito can still punch and I'm actually gonna pick him in the rematch with Cotto.

Did they cherry pick a shit fighter to wina meaningless title? yes. would they do it again if someone feather fisted like Yuri Foreman held a strap? Probably however watching that fight Manny was hurt more than once, although i think we can all agree about the 1 obvious time you are referring to.

It's common knowledge that he was in bed for a couple of days after the fight and he even cancelled one of those dinky concerts he likes to do after a fight. I still say he got hurt way more than they planned.

Surely everyone's got their ceiling? Or would you just expect Manny to keep going up and up and up? They tried fighting someone at 150 who has a decent punch with the safety net of knowing that the guy was slow and one dimensional should Manny get into trouble. They found out that 150 and above is going to be a stretch for Manny. And fighting someone who can really punch but has some speed and technique as well would be crazy.

For the record I would say the same for Floyd as well. These guys started at under 130 pounds and I for one don't expect them to just keep going up in weight and fighting bigger and bigger and bigger guys. In fact they're damn lucky they aren't fighting 10 years earlier when they would've had to fight Winky, Vernon, Vargas, Trinidad, De la Hoya and Vernon.

It has close to everything to do with it! I am also gonna pick him in the rematch with Cotto too! What does him being 'bigger' got to do with anything? It was still an atrocious fight against a guy that had no reason being inside the ring..specially on the biggest stage against the p4p king! I've seen many, many fans bring up Manny taking that body shot & going to the hospital as that is some form of credit to give him? So when I see some make it out like poor Manny copped a beating or even some form of punishment from Margs is not only inaccurate but also irrelevant. Manny clearly gave Margs a beating without getting touched too much in the process, yet many would think he came out of a war with Margs being hurt more than once and going to hospital!

That's my point to this. I don't think Manny was that hurt at all, nor was he hurt more than once either. Margs landed a good body shot somewhere in the middle-late rounds and that's about it. That's why I don't see you side of "he got hurt way more than they planned" because Margs landed a good shot compared to Pac's hundreds. How much planning can be done?

I don't expect Manny to keep moving up & up & up but if he does decide to take that road then yes, I do expect him to face the best like countless greats have done in the past! How many safety nets do you need when going for a title when that someone above 150 was a drained, damaged Margarito? Why is it so crazy Manny fights above 150 (or above Welterweight)? Why? Because he would not be unfairly advantaged over his opponent for once? Because he would actually get tested for once in the ring? Because he would actually lose? Is it a Risk? Yeah! Crazy? Not at all!

For the record I would and do say the same thing about Mayweather. Both have/can make the Junior Middleweight limit, both claim Junior Middleweight titles yet the idea of them moving up to face someone who posses a risk is quickly turned into an out of the question scenario.

Yes! Agree 100% with that man! They're very damn lucky they did not fight at a time those names were around!

By the way, I may be responding to you Ollie, but you are far from the 1st person I've seen that has this same angle of Pac post WW, which I've never completely liked..one bit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 25 2011, 09:03 AM) *
Oh no. A fighter got hurt in a boxing fight and was sore the next day, need to make sure they can't let that happen again, lol.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by ViperSniper: Jul 25 2011, 07:08 AM

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 25 2011, 08:01 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 25 2011, 07:52 AM) *
It has close to everything to do with it! I am also gonna pick him in the rematch with Cotto too! What does him being 'bigger' got to do with anything? It was still an atrocious fight against a guy that had no reason being inside the ring..specially on the biggest stage against the p4p king! I've seen many, many fans bring up Manny taking that body shot & going to the hospital as that is some form of credit to give him? So when I see some make it out like poor Manny copped a beating or even some form of punishment from Margs is not only inaccurate but also irrelevant. Manny clearly gave Margs a beating without getting touched too much in the process, yet many would think he came out of a war with Margs being hurt more than once and going to hospital!

That's my point to this. I don't think Manny was that hurt at all, nor was he hurt more than once either. Margs landed a good body shot somewhere in the middle-late rounds and that's about it. That's why I don't see you side of "he got hurt way more than they planned" because Margs landed a good shot compared to Pac's hundreds. How much planning can be done?

I don't expect Manny to keep moving up & up & up but if he does decide to take that road then yes, I do expect him to face the best like countless greats have done in the past! How many safety nets do you need when going for a title when that someone above 150 was a drained, damaged Margarito? Why is it so crazy Manny fights above 150 (or above Welterweight)? Why? Because he would not be unfairly advantaged over his opponent for once? Because he would actually get tested for once in the ring? Because he would actually lose? Is it a Risk? Yeah! Crazy? Not at all!

For the record I would and do say the same thing about Mayweather. Both have/can make the Junior Middleweight limit, both claim Junior Middleweight titles yet the idea of them moving up to face someone who posses a risk is quickly turned into an out of the question scenario.

Yes! Agree 100% with that man! They're very damn lucky they did not fight at a time those names were around!

By the way, I may be responding to you Ollie, but you are far from the 1st person I've seen that has this same angle of Pac post WW, which I've never completely liked..one bit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I don't even think Manny is a big WW let alone JMW. There are some big boys in that divsion and not one that I would personally be interested in seeing either guy fight in. Just my opinion.

Can we just get some half decent fights in at WW before asking any of those guys to fight at 154? It's like some dudes here are saying they would like to see Martinez fight certain guys at 168. See I think that's crazy too.

At the end of the day both Floyd and Manny got caught cherrypicking a lil in regards to 154 but I'm not going to hold those fights over their heads as some kind of reason to go up to that division.

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jul 25 2011, 08:14 AM
Post #28

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

That would be me Ollie. I'm just pissed off by Martinez's repeated calling out of small guys. Let the smaller guys call him. If they don't, move on.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 25 2011, 09:21 AM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

As much as I dont like Bradley, he did what he had to do get out of his contract. Im sure if Khan's fight date was June 23rd instead of July, then the fight would've happened. I dont agree with Bradley trying to go after the big fish, when he barely dominated the guys in his division. He can be face to face with Mayweather right now and all he could do is say that he is scared while begging for the fight. His resume says nothing for him at all, so talking shit and trying to get a big fight is twice the fail.

He should fight Matthysse on one of those PPV undercards and do his best to dismantle him, instead of headbutting him into submission like he's done all of his oppenents. That way, he can outdo Alexander's performance (which isn't hard to do), then he can rematch Alexander early next year (maybe around Feb or March) and make it a big fight to prove himself. Hell, he could make some noise if he fights Rios at 140, though the odds of him beating Rios is slim...it helps put his name out there. Mike Jones would be somewhat of a nightmare for him...dude is much taller, has decent boxing skills, and he moves around more than any of Bradley's recent opponents. It will probably remind us of how Khan dominated Judah.

The fact is, Bradley needs to go on a mean streak and play catch-up since he chose to handle his contractual issues the way he did. The best thing for him to do is knock down a couple fighters at 140, but dont stay long enough to get stuck in the division (i.e. creating drama by fighting Judah (waste of time) or risk getting worked by Maidana (who Khan already beat). If he wants to fight Maidana later and make some noise, then he's going to have to knock him clean out...but really, in what lifetime will that ever happen???

+Quote Post
dhoward126
post Jul 25 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #30

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 11,548

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 08:01 AM) *
I don't even think Manny is a big WW let alone JMW. There are some big boys in that divsion and not one that I would personally be interested in seeing either guy fight in. Just my opinion.

Can we just get some half decent fights in at WW before asking any of those guys to fight at 154? It's like some dudes here are saying they would like to see Martinez fight certain guys at 168. See I think that's crazy too.

At the end of the day both Floyd and Manny got caught cherrypicking a lil in regards to 154 but I'm not going to hold those fights over their heads as some kind of reason to go up to that division.

There aren't enough fighters at 147 right now to make a few decent fights, the guys from 140 are going to have to move up soon and it's already starting to begin. 154 is a much better division right now, they have better fighters competing right now.

Martinez fighting at 168 isn't as crazy as you may think, the dude walks around at a good 190 and he's bouncing people off the canvas at 160. He wants to fight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr but Freddie Roach says "Don't take him, he makes me money, here's Peter Quillin instead," DiBella doesn't want to fight Pirog and on top of that the only person really saying that they want to fight Martinez is Paul Williams, which we know isn't happening anytime ever.

Don't want to get too much into the cherry picking, but Mayweather's win over De La Hoya was WAAAAAAAAAY more legit that Manny's win over Margarito for a vacant title in a division that neither man was ranked.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 03:02 AM