IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Timothy Bradley has been promised Pacquiao, slated to fight on Pac-JMM undercard
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 25 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #31

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

Why is Bradley already desirous to cash out on his career? Pacquiao will end his youth. Bradley isn't that good.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 25 2011, 09:53 AM
Post #32

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 25 2011, 09:42 AM) *
Why is Bradley already desirous to cash out on his career? Pacquiao will end his youth. Bradley isn't that good.

Danny thinks Bradley beats Pacman. I think beats Bradley but with the head butts it could make for a really weird fight where anything could happen!

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 25 2011, 09:58 AM
Post #33

QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 25 2011, 10:53 AM) *
Danny thinks Bradley beats Pacman. I think beats Bradley but with the head butts it could make for a really weird fight where anything could happen!

who's danny? perhaps you're right, pac is all silk and leather now. he may not like dealing with a rough, tough headbutt-filled fight. I'd still wager Pac steals his youth from him.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 25 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 25 2011, 10:42 AM) *

I concur!

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 25 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #35

Amateur

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 25 2011, 09:58 AM) *
who's danny? perhaps you're right, pac is all silk and leather now. he may not like dealing with a rough, tough headbutt-filled fight. I'd still wager Pac steals his youth from him.

dhoward126 = Danny 1 of our fighthype radio host!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 25 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #36

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I just read an article about this idiot (Bradley) saying "Forget Khan, I want Pacquiao and Mayweather". Is is safe to call him a delusional dodo bird or just a plain duck. Obviously, he feels that Khan will kill his chances of fighting Pac or May, but he wont survive in the ring with either of the two. The truth is, the Pac and May show is much bigger than Bradley, so these empty promises are going to lead him astray. Besides, who listens to Arum anyway? He will have to catch them when they have lost a couple of fights. As bad of shape boxing is in right now, Bradley officially being announced to fight Pac or May would burn the sport to a crisp and let the whole world down.

If Marquez is a big name, had two highly credible bouts with Pacquiao, and is only getting $5M for the trilogy, then how much does Super Skull expect to get right now or even in another lifetime against Pac? Hmm...let's see, maybe that $2M dollars that was promised to him for the Khan fight. What a loser! Though Mayweather ducked a couple of fighters before the De La Hoya fight, he was known, he sold tickets, he was controversial & entertaining to say the least, and made decent money fighting other guys before De La Hoya...unlike Bradley.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 25 2011, 10:12 AM
Post #37

Amateur

I think Bradley would rough Khan up pretty bad if they did fight, I say in the 2nd Bradley would butt Khan and Khan would be too busy bitching to the ref and after 4 would go to the cards and win it 40-36 ish with Khan maybe getting 1 round so 39-37! Bradley should have taken the Khan fight though!

+Quote Post
Bropho
post Jul 25 2011, 10:21 AM
Post #38

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,912

Timmy vs Pac has certain similarities to Mayweather vs Hatton.

Hatton was doing great at 140 pounds, moved to 147 and went life and death with Luiz Collazo, said he couldn't carry the weight at 147 well and is moving back to 140. Floyd used his leverage and got him to come up for another ass whooping at a weight he clearly was uncomfortable at.

Timmy is doing great at 140 pounds, moved to 147 to "test the waters" and said he has absolutely no problem making 140 but just wants to see how he goes at 147. Has showcase fight against Abregu who no one knew and was just supposed to look impress on paper with his undefeated record, making Timmy's domination of him seem better than it really is. But Timmy didn't dominate and said he's going back to 140, his real weight division. If this fight comes together i bet there won't be a catchweight of 144 it will be the full 147, Pac will use his leverage and just as Floyd did with Ricky Hatton, he will rip Timmy to shreds!

+Quote Post
dhoward126
post Jul 25 2011, 10:30 AM
Post #39

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,548

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 25 2011, 11:05 AM) *
I just read an article about this idiot (Bradley) saying "Forget Khan, I want Pacquiao and Mayweather". Is is safe to call him a delusional dodo bird or just a plain duck. Obviously, he feels that Khan will kill his chances of fighting Pac or May, but he wont survive in the ring with either of the two. The truth is, the Pac and May show is much bigger than Bradley, so these empty promises are going to lead him astray. Besides, who listens to Arum anyway? He will have to catch them when they have lost a couple of fights. As bad of shape boxing is in right now, Bradley officially being announced to fight Pac or May would burn the sport to a crisp and let the whole world down.

If Marquez is a big name, had two highly credible bouts with Pacquiao, and is only getting $5M for the trilogy, then how much does Super Skull expect to get right now or even in another lifetime against Pac? Hmm...let's see, maybe that $2M dollars that was promised to him for the Khan fight. What a loser! Though Mayweather ducked a couple of fighters before the De La Hoya fight, he was known, he sold tickets, he was controversial & entertaining to say the least, and made decent money fighting other guys before De La Hoya...unlike Bradley.

Bradley wants to make money, that is what the sport of boxing is all about and there's nothing wrong with that. He fights Khan, a risky fight for $2 million tops if the UK PPVs are high enough, he wasn't guaranteed that high of a purse. The dude is about to have a kid pretty soon and I can tell you that if it were me, why the hell would I risk a $5 mil guarantee for a $2 mil possibility?

Amir Khan isn't a big ticket seller either though GBP would like to convince you he's the second coming of Ricky Hatton, Brits aren't too big on him maybe because he's part Pakistani if I'm not mistaken. Bradley-Khan would've drawn less people than Khan-Judah because you have two guys with almost no following, at least Arum can give Bradley some exposure if this goes as people are saying. Just remember where you heard it first, I got the Desert Hermit out of hiding lol.

Ya'll can hate on me for thinking Bradley will beat Pacquiao, but if Shane "Molasses" Mosley with his lazy jab and lateral movement could reduce Pacquiao's punch output by HALF, then there is a blueprint there for Pacquiao. Plus, him fighting all these old come ahead guys may cramp his development just like it did Chad Dawson. Dawson kept fighting guys in their late 30s-40s after Adamek and when he finally fought a younger guy in Pascal, he looked like the older man.

Time will tell, I'd rather see Bradley-Pacquiao than I would a rematch with Margarito, who is going to shock Cotto this December.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 25 2011, 10:50 AM
Post #40

That's absurd, Tim Bradley would be on the outside all night long. Khan is too quick, too slick, too strong, and too smart for Bradley. Bradley can get by guys like Holt and Alexander, but Khan is a different level of fighter. Bradley doesn't have the pop to stay in that fight. Wouldn't be surprised to see a late stoppage.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 11:31 PM