IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Timothy Bradley has been promised Pacquiao, slated to fight on Pac-JMM undercard
and the NEW
post Jul 25 2011, 06:27 PM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 333

Looks like 2 ways this could play out.

1) Mayweather V Pacquiao and Khan V Bradley.
2) Mayweather V Khan and Pacquiao V Bradley.

I would be happy with either. So long as the winners agree to fight!!!!! Perhaps a 4 man tournament? Now THAT, would be a tournament!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jul 25 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #52

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Jul 25 2011, 06:27 PM) *

I would be happy with either. So long as the winners agree to fight!!!!! Perhaps a 4 man tournament? Now THAT, would be a tournament!

hmmmmmmmmm i like that

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 25 2011, 11:08 PM
Post #53

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 26 2011, 03:45 AM) *
Doesn't make sense as a tourney since if Pac and Amere Con won (which I doubt) they would refuse to fight given they have the same trainer and nutritionist.

I know. Let me dream.

But looks like we could get either Pac V May or each fighting the other 140lber (May V Khan and Pac V Bradley).

If Pac and Khan win, then we are left in limbo.........BUT, stranger things have happened in boxing than two guys with the same trainer fighting! Never say never, in a year + time if these are the only two guys left standing at 147 and under, you never know.

This post has been edited by and the NEW: Jul 25 2011, 11:10 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 26 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #54

Guests

Call me old fashioned but I would just like to see the two best 140 fighters get it on for an undisputed fight, and the best 147 fighters get it on. Then they can see what happens after that.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 26 2011, 01:45 AM
Post #55

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 01:53 AM) *
No we won't. I'm not even sure he beats Khan. Styles make fights and as much as Khan is hated on these boards I think his style would match favourably against Bradley.

Bradley would easily beat Khan. Khan would not make it the distance. Do not let the Judah fight sway you. If the slow, unconditioned, and crude Maidana can get to Khan...

+Quote Post
blackbelt2003
post Jul 26 2011, 02:15 AM
Post #56

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 26 2011, 07:45 AM) *
Bradley would easily beat Khan. Khan would not make it the distance. Do not let the Judah fight sway you. If the slow, unconditioned, and crude Maidana can get to Khan...

I've a feeling the slow, unconditioned and crude Maidana would 'get to' a lot of people he's not supposed to. He's just that type of fighter.

Black

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 26 2011, 02:35 AM
Post #57

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jul 26 2011, 03:15 AM) *
I've a feeling the slow, unconditioned and crude Maidana would 'get to' a lot of people he's not supposed to. He's just that type of fighter.

Black

I agree.

My basic point is so many are getting swayed from the Judah fight how Khan controlled him and Judah could not get to him. The thing is Judah is a mental midget and basically did not come to win.

Where as Maidana got to Khan, I am quite sure Bradley would have no problem getting to Khan either. I do not buy for one minute that Khan would be able to keep Tim at bay all night with his size and reach. Too many other factors play into it. Bradley is just as fast as Khan, he is superbly conditioned, has shown to be mentally tough, and is still undefeated. Bradley is no Judah and would KNOW to apply pressure and make it more of a brawl than a boxing match. AND Khan clearly has shown to want to mix it up and not play it safe in there.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jul 26 2011, 02:47 AM
Post #58

Guests

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 02:01 PM) *
I don't even think Manny is a big WW let alone JMW. There are some big boys in that divsion and not one that I would personally be interested in seeing either guy fight in. Just my opinion.

Can we just get some half decent fights in at WW before asking any of those guys to fight at 154? It's like some dudes here are saying they would like to see Martinez fight certain guys at 168. See I think that's crazy too.

At the end of the day both Floyd and Manny got caught cherrypicking a lil in regards to 154 but I'm not going to hold those fights over their heads as some kind of reason to go up to that division.

Manny may not be a big WW but he has fought there long enough to ensure that he is a legit WW fighter now. Truth is, over the years the WW division has dried up alot and I think the best fights to be made would be around the WW division.

I agree with you on getting fights made against fighters within their division. The fact that Pac and Mayweather fight in the same division and are considered the 2 best in the world and neither want to fight eachother and on top of that make poor fights is sickening. I don't think it's crazy for fighters to move up or down to get fights, just as long as you have taken care of business in your own division or unless moving up or down is more compelling than to remain in a division.

Floyd and Manny got caught cherrypickin a lil? just at 154? Or at 147 for years aswell?
I think that's very generous to say they have cherrypicked a lil!! One thing for a fighter to duck another but both of them have gone beyond ducking to the point that after years of doing so (with fighters other than themselves) have finally mastered the art of cherrypicking. They have no reason for making the fight that they did, specially when they had everything their way in terms of star power, money, rankings and accolades. Disgusting on both fighters!

What is your reason for not expecting both fighters to fight at a division they have already fought in and claimed world titles in? Why wouldn't you expect them to fight there again? Yes, I understand here is where we see things differently, but to me both fighters (including Pac) looked perfectly fine to me inside the ring at 154. None of them seemed like they're styles suffered nor did neither look vulnerable as well, they looked good.

A fight with Martinez is only a division away! People seem to dismiss the fact the at Martinez age he would have to drop down in weight to make the fight as well. All three are former title holders in that division and is only a division away to make!

IMO Pacquaio and Mayweather have no reason to suggest that match up is as crazy as make it out to be when they have already fought and claimed a world title in that division.

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Jul 26 2011, 12:27 AM) *

+1

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 26 2011, 06:29 AM) *
Call me old fashioned but I would just like to see the two best 140 fighters get it on for an undisputed fight, and the best 147 fighters get it on. Then they can see what happens after that.

+1

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 26 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #59

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 26 2011, 02:47 AM) *
Manny may not be a big WW but he has fought there long enough to ensure that he is a legit WW fighter now. Truth is, over the years the WW division has dried up alot and I think the best fights to be made would be around the WW division.

I agree with you on getting fights made against fighters within their division. The fact that Pac and Mayweather fight in the same division and are considered the 2 best in the world and neither want to fight eachother and on top of that make poor fights is sickening. I don't think it's crazy for fighters to move up or down to get fights, just as long as you have taken care of business in your own division or unless moving up or down is more compelling than to remain in a division.

Floyd and Manny got caught cherrypickin a lil? just at 154? Or at 147 for years aswell?
I think that's very generous to say they have cherrypicked a lil!! One thing for a fighter to duck another but both of them have gone beyond ducking to the point that after years of doing so (with fighters other than themselves) have finally mastered the art of cherrypicking. They have no reason for making the fight that they did, specially when they had everything their way in terms of star power, money, rankings and accolades. Disgusting on both fighters!

What is your reason for not expecting both fighters to fight at a division they have already fought in and claimed world titles in? Why wouldn't you expect them to fight there again? Yes, I understand here is where we see things differently, but to me both fighters (including Pac) looked perfectly fine to me inside the ring at 154. None of them seemed like they're styles suffered nor did neither look vulnerable as well, they looked good.

A fight with Martinez is only a division away! People seem to dismiss the fact the at Martinez age he would have to drop down in weight to make the fight as well. All three are former title holders in that division and is only a division away to make!

IMO Pacquaio and Mayweather have no reason to suggest that match up is as crazy as make it out to be when they have already fought and claimed a world title in that division.

+1

+1

My bad for not making it clearer. Yes I mean they got caught cherrypicking a lil at 154.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jul 26 2011, 03:02 AM
Post #60

Guests

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 26 2011, 08:57 AM) *
My bad for not making it clearer. Yes I mean they got caught cherrypicking a lil at 154.

A lil at 154 and a fuckin lot at 147!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If only the best fought the best we could reflect back on those fights instead of talking about them in this manner.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:21 PM