IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
>  WBC:Morales vs. Barrios For Bradley's Old Title, (Jose Suailman Topic Merged Here)
blackbelt2003
post Jul 26 2011, 03:08 PM
Post #1

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 84

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-to-san...s-barrios-90970

According to the above, Erik Morales could be in line to get himself a title shot. With Bradley moving up to welter and Alexander apparently doing the same, good ol' El Terrible is in line to get the title shot vs Jorge Barrios.

Personally I'd like to see Morales at lightweight (I'm sure he'd get the same shot for Soto's old belt) as he'd be slimmer and sharper at the weight, but considering Barrios himself is a shopworn veteran, this is a winnable fight for him.

So I guess Khan-Morales for the undisputed title is in the foreseeable future maybe?

Black
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 26 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 333

Bradley will be the 'champion in recess'? WTF, now we have diamond belts, silver belts, champions in recess, what next? The WBC used to be the most credible organisation, now it as bigger joke as the rest.

There is only one true title!

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 26 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

I am glad he is but really want him to stop fighting and enjoy his health!

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Jul 26 2011, 06:53 PM) *
Bradley will be the 'champion in recess'? WTF, now we have diamond belts, silver belts, champions in recess, what next? The WBC used to be the most credible organisation, now it as bigger joke as the rest.

Next is the tin foil belt! lolz

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 26 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 27 2011, 01:43 AM) *
I am glad he is but really want him to stop fighting and enjoy his health!

Next is the tin foil belt! lolz

hahahahaha, literally, it probably will come next!

Or maybe they will just hand out plastic replicas you can buy at some $2 shop!

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 26 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Jul 26 2011, 09:32 PM) *
hahahahaha, literally, it probably will come next!

Or maybe they will just hand out plastic replicas you can buy at some $2 shop!

The ABC's are getting to be a joke anyhow, did you know only one of them even has Gamboa ranked? Think about that bullshit!

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 26 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 27 2011, 04:11 AM) *
The ABC's are getting to be a joke anyhow, did you know only one of them even has Gamboa ranked? Think about that bullshit!

Yeh. It is rediculous.

It's why I really hope DLH continues to push the Ring belt, it is the only real belt these days.

Even 'unified champ' used to be legit. Now they say it when you just unify 2 of the (now 4) 'major' belts. My cousin was saying, oh so Khan is the undisputed 140lb champ and I was like na, and he was like, yeh he is, they said 'unified'.

Fukc it.

The Ring belt is the only champ now and I'm pretty sure the champ doesn't pay the org to hold that belt, what kind of BS is that to begin with!!!! You pay an org to declare you champ, then 1000 others pop up to get $$$ the same way. Talk about a land of unregulated cowboys!

This post has been edited by and the NEW: Jul 26 2011, 10:34 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jul 27 2011, 03:10 AM
Post #7

Guests

I'm a massive fan of Erik Morales, however I'm not a big fan of him getting all these opportunities of claiming a fourth title though. He fought for a 'title' against Maidaina and now possibly another against Barrios???

Now we got Bradley not gonna be considered champion?? We are one fight away of from getting the only undisputed champion in the sport today, yet so close to this division getting torn apart!

+Quote Post
blackbelt2003
post Jul 27 2011, 06:47 AM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 84

Well in the WBC's defence, Bradley is moving up to welterweight so can't really be considered jr welter champ if he's not gonna fight at jr welter again.

On the otherside of the coin....Jorge Barrios and Erik Morales are the two best available contenders?

Here's a crazy thought, why not have AMIR KHAN as one of the co-contenders for the belt. He's clearly the best in the world with Bradley moving up. Tell Khan he can fight for the WBC belt alongside his WBA and IBF belts if he fights the next available contender...which should not be Morales or Barrios.

Black

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jul 27 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Jul 26 2011, 06:53 PM) *

The only True Title in my opinion has been the RING Champion for some time now. I know some people disagree with the RING, but I have seen nothing better.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 27 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #10

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

My problem is that fighters shouldn't lose title recognition just for inactivity. Not to mention only six months of inactivity. The Champion in Recess was supposed to be an Emeritus Belt that they would give fighters who were champs that could not fight for medical reasons. Tszyu was the first boxer to get an Emeritus Belt If they want Morales to fight Barrios, make it some type of elimination bout, but no belt should go with this fight.

To clear up confusion:

The Diamond Belt has no sanctioning fees or rules for defense. It's an honorary belt that the WBC gives to two superfighters, who engage in a contest outside of their weight class. It's a commemorative thing only. Like an Olympic medal.

Silver Belts are awarded to the winners of matches between the #1 and #2 champions in the WBC. The Silver Belt is a "Title Elimination winner's belt." They have sanctioning rules and defense requirements. Silver belts replace the phrase, "Interim Champion" which the WBC felt was awkward, When you win a silver belt, you are the automatic contender for the WBC World Championship.

Jack

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:00 AM