IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saw Mayeather/Ortiz Face-off, God Ortiz is SO far out of his league.
Box in Hand
post Jul 27 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #21

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 27 2011, 11:04 PM) *
I watched it earlier, and I felt bad about Floyd owning Ortiz like that! He paid this guy no attention after the first couple of mins, then he started getting in his ass. "That could be the Green Hornet ring". I was through after that because I knew the jokes were gearing up. Then he asked Max Kellerman if he was wearing Prada shoes while Ortiz was talking, smh. The extra pressure stemming from this big event is taking its toll on Victor, and he is just one of those simple guys who does his job in the ring. Victor should have done himself a favor and got in the gym before the press tour because he looks fat and out of shape. This kid better get it done in the first few rounds or he may find himself on a spinning mary-go-round with grease on his palm...

He did look fat and even said he wasn't in camp yet WTF? Floyd looked like a fucking cheetah already.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 27 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #22

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

this faceoff was terrible. they shouldn't even release this shit.

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Jul 27 2011, 11:48 PM
Post #23

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,224

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 28 2011, 12:19 AM) *
A few things, Victor is good but he is not ready! Next, Floyd has already played with Victor's mind just like he does everyone else so round 1 to Floyd. Next, Floyd saying he is going to destroy this kid at the end was classic and let's me know Floyd saw all he needs to see the night Ortiz beat Berto. Gimme Floyd by 12 round decapitation.

LOL...Mayweather was unusually laid back. I saw his training video for ortiz. He looked like a full on welter weight. I think his body has fully matured at the weight. He's put on a bit more muscle probably a bit more power. Ortiz looks like a elementary school kid getting ready to take a college arithmetic test fully befuddled he looked and sounded. Mayweather by TKO 10th or 7th.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jul 27 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

LMAO @ what floyd said at the end

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jul 27 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 27 2011, 10:54 PM) *
And BTW May was just laughing at Victor. Victor looked like a fool coming in and disrespecting Mayweather and acting like that. His demeanor changed after that Berto win he let that shit get to his head already. This is a legit opponent but still not enough to beat Mayweather. And what was intriguing out of all of this was May's insisting that he will stand his ground and fight toe to toe with Ortiz. Ortiz is stronger than the Mosley Mayweather fought I believe. If Mayweather fights toe to toe with a guy this much power and strength then people need to give him extra credit. The fight will be more exciting if Mayweather fights like that. I can't wait for Sept. 17.

i agree. ortiz does have power, he has knock down all of his opponents.

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Jul 27 2011, 11:56 PM
Post #26

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 27 2011, 11:48 PM) *
LOL...Mayweather was unusually laid back. I saw his training video for ortiz. He looked like a full on welter weight. I think his body has fully matured at the weight. He's put on a bit more muscle probably a bit more power. Ortiz looks like a elementary school kid getting ready to take a college arithmetic test fully befuddled he looked and sounded. Mayweather by TKO 10th or 7th.

I saw that video too and yeah Floyd does look pretty good and he looks like he's training for power and speed this time around. Goldfish vs. the shark here and we all know what happens in a fight against a goldfish and a shark lol.

+Quote Post
DubC
post Jul 28 2011, 01:19 AM
Post #27

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,473

Watching online right now....Just started it...Will probably update

First thing I noticed was body language, says a lot to me....

Ortiz looks a bit tense and Floyd seems to be chillin...If they come into the ring with the same body language, it is over

EDIT: "And all due respect, I was born to do this as well bro" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Sounds like Vic is a little starstruck...

EDIT x2: Max "how do your beat FM?" Vic responds "At this point I have no idea, I haven't started training camp"

Seriously? Like he hasn't seen Floyd fight and doesn't have an idea how he should approach it...He seems a bit skeptical right now, and a little too worried...Floyd is just having fun with it and being himself (minus the bashing, which we will see in 24\7

EDIT x3: FM says "You make any mistakes, you have to pay" and Vic says "I say the same thing, you have to pay"

Really? Who makes more mistakes in the ring???

AND... FM "what are you going to do to me? Whats the gameplan" Vic "well, I'm gonna do to you what Chavez did to uhhhhh (floyd remind him it was Roger in 1985-but vic was trying to play some baby mind games like he didn't know who it was)" blah blah blah "I'm gonna do something along those lines"

LMAO...That was epic

Good watch...FM seems cool and collected, not worried (which could be a bad thing) but Vic seems really tense...

Should be a damn good fight to watch, looking forward to it and may the best man win...

Personally, I think it is a little too soon for Vic to be at this stage-but he does look much better at WW than he did at JWW...

Honestly, in the end...I don't see any way (other than an early KO) that Vic wins this, I feel he will be broken down...When Floyd figures him out after the second or third round, where will Vics mind be? I see Vic coming out strong in the first round, and Floyd feeling him out...Can Vic he land one of those bombs really early??? If not, it could be Boxing 101 for Ortiz...I hope, and I think, that FM will stand in front of Vic and fight like he did the better part of the Mosley fight...There is always that chance, a big punch could land and Vic has the youth and stamina to follow up on it and attempt to get that KO...

Either way, it will be a lot of fun for us boxing fans...

This post has been edited by DubC: Jul 28 2011, 01:49 AM

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 28 2011, 03:35 AM
Post #28

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 28 2011, 02:05 PM) *
This fight is a steaming turd

Absolutely.

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 28 2011, 02:09 PM) *
Don't watch it then. Even when it comes on youtube. Or on TV. Simple as phonics

Don't worry I won't. I'd rather take a good shit & have a wank if I'm honest.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jul 28 2011, 04:03 AM
Post #29

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

After watching that video, I'm convinced that Ortiz has some mental condition. Not developmentally, but psychologically. He's either crazy, or a step away from it. Homeboy reminded me of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. This shit will definitely be a spectacle, but it WON'T be a boxing match. This crazy dude is gonna get tazed by the COPS.

(IMG:http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/man-tasered-police-taser-video.jpg)

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jul 28 2011, 04:25 AM
Post #30

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 28 2011, 09:35 AM) *
Don't worry I won't. I'd rather take a good shit & have a wank if I'm honest.

Thats an unfair comparison as that combo might just beat any sporting event.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 02:54 AM