> NFL 2011 Thread
Method
post Jul 30 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

Roll Call y'all!

War EAGLES!

As soon as the Nnamdi news hit, I laid $300 on the Birds to win the Bowl at 12-1. By the time the news settled in, last night, they collapsed to 9-1. Woke up this morning, 6-1. Now we got Cullen Jenkins too. I also got some money on the Jets to win the Bowl at 12-1 too, when they were rumored to be the front runner to land Nnamdi, and I still like them as a contender, so no worries there. I always liked them.

In other news, Albert Haynesworth fails his conditioning test w the Pats.

(IMG:http://theschoolphilly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/deseanjack.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 30 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

Philly's gonna have a strong secondary this year. If Vick stays healthy you could go all the way. Still need to get DeSean Jackson on board though, and hope he can continue to play at a high level.

Not saying Vick can't do it on his own, because he can, for a time. But he'll need competent receivers and a running game to make it to January.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 31 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 30 2011, 05:48 PM) *
Roll Call y'all!

War EAGLES!

As soon as the Nnamdi news hit, I laid $300 on the Birds to win the Bowl at 12-1. By the time the news settled in, last night, they collapsed to 9-1. Woke up this morning, 6-1. Now we got Cullen Jenkins too. I also got some money on the Jets to win the Bowl at 12-1 too, when they were rumored to be the front runner to land Nnamdi, and I still like them as a contender, so no worries there. I always liked them.

In other news, Albert Haynesworth fails his conditioning test w the Pats.

(IMG:http://theschoolphilly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/deseanjack.jpg)

Nice bet JB, any word on Samuals? We have a chance this year but we have some hard games!

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 30 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Philly's gonna have a strong secondary this year. If Vick stays healthy you could go all the way. Still need to get DeSean Jackson on board though, and hope he can continue to play at a high level.

Not saying Vick can't do it on his own, because he can, for a time. But he'll need competent receivers and a running game to make it to January.

Jackson does need to get his deal and Vick is about due too...one thing that seems to happen almost every year to hold outs is they come in late and get hurt early on! It should be interesting!

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jul 31 2011, 12:40 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,386

I still like the Packers out of the NFC. I know I'm a fan, but if that team stays healthy, they're unbeatable. Rodgers is turning out to be the best QB in the NFL, and he has the potential to be as good, if not better, than Brady and Manning for years to come. Tramon Williams really improved last year, and Woodson is still a top defensive player. If Ryan Grant comes back healthy, that just adds to the offensive threat. This team healthy will be a tough team to beat. On top of that, I expect Finley to have a huge year at TE.

As for my other team, the Browns, they'll have another rough one. New coach, new system, and not enough time to get it all down. On top of that, still no dominant receiver. Mo-Mass is a solid # 2 receiver, but he's not a # 1. Greg Little nor Brian Robiske will be either. Colt McCoy is solid though, but he needs more. Peyton Hillis wore down last year, so Hardesty better come back healthy (been saying that for 2 years). They could have a great two-back system, and run it down everybody's throats. The defense is good with Joe Haden. However, the AFC is too tough.

I thought Philly could have won the super bowl last year. If they didn't lose to the hot Packers last year, I think they end up playing/beating Pittsburgh. However, teams started to figure Vick out towards the end of last year. Minnesota, Chicago, and Green Bay all shut him down. They'll have one hell of a defense, and that's going to be tough to score on. However, I worry about Vick getting hurt and Vince Young coming in. That dude is mentally weak, and I don't think you can be mentally weak and succeed in Philly. We'll see though, they'll be a tough team to beat at the very least.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jul 31 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #5

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

I'm a 9ers and Seahawks fan. I don't want to talk about it.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 1 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,253

Rumors Randy Moss may land in Philly now...

This post has been edited by Method: Aug 1 2011, 11:12 AM

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Aug 4 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

I thought Moss just said he was going to retire? He could make some noise in Philly though.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Aug 4 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

Just snagged my tix to Week 4 Steelers Vs. Texans matchup!!!!

I have not stepped foot into Reliant since 2005 when the Steelers came into town to whip David Carr's ass all day long!!!

WOO-HOOO

Go STEELERS!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 08:00 PM