IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arum claims that there no Issues concerning May&Pac Fight
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 9 2011, 06:45 PM
Post #101


Junior Middleweight


Group: Team BU
Posts: 2,005
Joined: 13-May 08
From: Bonny Scotland
Member No.: 7,369



It doesnt matter when I think he should have started asking for it, because in my world with my clear vision, drug testing in boxing has never and will never be a real issue for Floyd Mayweather. What is CLEARLY an issue for Floyd Mayweather is the rise of Manny Pacquiao both to his division, and to his spot of number one on a lot of peoples p4p, and the reason why this all kicked off in the first place in this thread was because I was following up someone elses point about the undercard guys being tested and stating that I dont see how anyone can argue the legitimacy of Floyds stance.

Also, I dont think I resorted to name calling. I did point out that you are irrational, but thats just an observation really. No need to get all upset about it. I think you should re read my posts in this thread because they actually arent laced with hatred at all. Your full of shit. My posts simply present a side of an arguement that you clearly dont like so are unwilling to discuss it.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seek
post Aug 10 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #102


An inbred jackass...


Group: Banned
Posts: 360
Joined: 25-July 10
Member No.: 10,971



I still think there will be issues during the next negotiations. How I see it is Pacquiao will have to be tested by a filipino agency under WADA protocol while training in the philipines and USADA would do the testing while training here in the USA. I think Floyd wants the fight and agrees to this however it's not always so simple when it comes to negotiating with Bob Arum. I think the timing is just right and Floyd is making his move. You don't agree to 50/50 purse, gloves ring and weight stipulations + offer a cut-off date to your original demand in order to duck someone. Floyd wants it bad imho
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 10 2011, 01:39 PM
Post #103


The Consultant


Group: Root Admin
Posts: 9,444
Joined: 2-December 02
Member No.: 14



QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Aug 6 2011, 11:59 AM) *
it seems as nobody remembers when Floyd beat Oscar, i think...but one of those fights he said that he was gonna step away for a minute to let somebody build there name up ..so he could come back..get that money then kill em. hatred blinds people and they dont realize that floyd set this up years ago.. he will absolutely shut out manny...manny has 0 defense...none..clottey was killen manny with uppercuts..but didnt want to engage. i have 3 homies that im betting with and im doubling whatever they put up..id put up the house


I still see the fight as a little more competitive, but an easy win for Floyd around 8-4. I look at Juan Marquez, the fighter who gave Manny two of the most microscopically close decisions of Manny's career. A fighter whom Mayweather shut out. And anything Marquez can do, Floyd can do better. I still think Manny-Marquez III will be a better fight than people think. Manny needs to brawl against Floyd to be competitive. and he might have a 40% chance of doing that. But 60% chance says Floyd won't let him. Mayweather will pivot and roll and pot-shot his way to a decision.

Jack
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seek
post Aug 10 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #104


An inbred jackass...


Group: Banned
Posts: 360
Joined: 25-July 10
Member No.: 10,971



QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 10 2011, 02:39 PM) *
I still see the fight as a little more competitive, but an easy win for Floyd around 8-4. I look at Juan Marquez, the fighter who gave Manny two of the most microscopically close decisions of Manny's career. A fighter whom Mayweather shut out. And anything Marquez can do, Floyd can do better. I still think Manny-Marquez III will be a better fight than people think. Manny needs to brawl against Floyd to be competitive. and he might have a 40% chance of doing that. But 60% chance says Floyd won't let him. Mayweather will pivot and roll and pot-shot his way to a decision.

Jack


Agreed on everything. Khan has a better chance vs Floyd imo due to his jab and physical advantages.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 10 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #105


I fucked with the wrong monkey...


Group: Guests
Posts: 524
Joined: 5-July 11
Member No.: 12,696



QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 10 2011, 02:39 PM) *
I still see the fight as a little more competitive, but an easy win for Floyd around 8-4. I look at Juan Marquez, the fighter who gave Manny two of the most microscopically close decisions of Manny's career. A fighter whom Mayweather shut out. And anything Marquez can do, Floyd can do better. I still think Manny-Marquez III will be a better fight than people think. Manny needs to brawl against Floyd to be competitive. and he might have a 40% chance of doing that. But 60% chance says Floyd won't let him. Mayweather will pivot and roll and pot-shot his way to a decision.

Jack


Pretty poor deductive reasoning. If boxing has taught us anything, it's that you don't try and deduce an outcome by studying their fights against common opponents. Especially considering the manner and circumstances of those fights. I don't have a dog in that fight, I'm a huge fan of both guys, but you're fairly naive if you think Mayweather's sudden enlightenment regarding drug testing was out of a sense of nobility, and not a sense of trepidation in fighting Pacquiao. Mayweather believes Pac is on something, and he believes he's "an extraordinary fighter" (his words).

I just don't foresee a scenario in which Mayweather beats Pacquiao at this point in their careers... Mayweather can't just move to his left and throw counter punches against a man with faster feet, faster hands, tremendous accuracy, and powerful punches. Pacquiao is a devastating counter puncher in his own right, and he'll be prepared for the movement Mayweather is going to have to utilize to have to win. It's Mayweather's only way to win, and Roach already knows that.

*** Another point of contention is this: Mayweather CANNOT do everything better than Marquez can do. Specifically, he doesn't have the courage, power, nor the combination punching required to keep Pacquiao off of him.

This post has been edited by Eighty88Eight: Aug 10 2011, 02:44 PM
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 10 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #106


Lightweight


Group: Members
Posts: 987
Joined: 15-May 11
Member No.: 12,125



QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 10 2011, 02:42 PM) *
Pretty poor deductive reasoning. If boxing has taught us anything, it's that you don't try and deduce an outcome by studying their fights against common opponents. Especially considering the manner and circumstances of those fights. I don't have a dog in that fight, I'm a huge fan of both guys, but you're fairly naive if you think Mayweather's sudden enlightenment regarding drug testing was out of a sense of nobility, and not a sense of trepidation in fighting Pacquiao. Mayweather believes Pac is on something, and he believes he's "an extraordinary fighter" (his words).

I just don't foresee a scenario in which Mayweather beats Pacquiao at this point in their careers... Mayweather can't just move to his left and throw counter punches against a man with faster feet, faster hands, tremendous accuracy, and powerful punches. Pacquiao is a devastating counter puncher in his own right, and he'll be prepared for the movement Mayweather is going to have to utilize to have to win. It's Mayweather's only way to win, and Roach already knows that.

*** Another point of contention is this: Mayweather CANNOT do everything better than Marquez can do. Specifically, he doesn't have the courage, power, nor the combination punching required to keep Pacquiao off of him.


I stopped reading after you said tremendous accuracy. Just because you throw a millions punches a round does not mean you are accurate. Pac could not hit a 38 Shane Mosely, he can't cut off the ring and his defense is laughable. You have no idea if May slowed down, wait until the Ortiz fight. May is a way smarter boxer than Manny. While Manny will continue to come forward May will pot shot the crap out of him the entire not. Not only that but Manny's feet get tangled, he lunges forward... And just because you have quick hands does not mean a win see the following boxers: Berto, Ortiz, Khan, and Judah, and Tyson.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 10 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #107


I fucked with the wrong monkey...


Group: Guests
Posts: 524
Joined: 5-July 11
Member No.: 12,696



QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 10 2011, 03:52 PM) *
I stopped reading after you said tremendous accuracy. Just because you throw a millions punches a round does not mean you are accurate. Pac could not hit a 38 Shane Mosely, he can't cut off the ring and his defense is laughable. You have no idea if May slowed down, wait until the Ortiz fight. May is a way smarter boxer than Manny. While Manny will continue to come forward May will pot shot the crap out of him the entire not. Not only that but Manny's feet get tangled, he lunges forward... And just because you have quick hands does not mean a win see the following boxers: Berto, Ortiz, Khan, and Judah, and Tyson.


Um, Pacquiao landed 50% of his power punches against Mosley. I'm not convinced Pac will simply come forward, and he's not a dumb fighter, he's just offense-minded, and Mayweather isn't courageous enough to reach out to counter Pac when he lunges off balance. Pac will probably come out and circle Floyd the way he did against de la Hoya. Floyd's plasticity and mobility aren't what they use to be and Pac will exploit that. He will also exploit Floyd's biggest flaw: his one-punch-at-a-time-pace.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 10 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #108


Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL


Group: Members
Posts: 581
Joined: 27-May 08
From: Chicago
Member No.: 7,451



QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 10 2011, 03:01 PM) *
Um, Pacquiao landed 50% of his power punches against Mosley. I'm not convinced Pac will simply come forward, and he's not a dumb fighter, he's just offense-minded, and Mayweather isn't courageous enough to reach out to counter Pac when he lunges off balance. Pac will probably come out and circle Floyd the way he did against de la Hoya. Floyd's plasticity and mobility aren't what they use to be and Pac will exploit that. He will also exploit Floyd's biggest flaw: his one-punch-at-a-time-pace.



The real difference is that every opponent that mayweather faces has a much lower punch output. Pac is not deadly accurate, he lands shots but without a high output how accurate will he be? He threw 250 more punches against shane, yet only landed only 16 more. Its a hard fight to call and either man could win and thats why the fight is so compelling. I saw a lot of holes in Pacs game with the Mosley fight(just my opinion), Mosley was able to stay away from Pac and turn him. There is no argument in my eyes that says mayweather cant do the same and counter while doing it. It would be a great fight, one that could be debated a million times but we won't know until it happens
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
ks1
post Aug 10 2011, 03:41 PM
Post #109


Junior Flyweight


Group: Members
Posts: 143
Joined: 11-May 11
Member No.: 12,051



QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 10 2011, 04:01 PM) *
Um, Pacquiao landed 50% of his power punches against Mosley. I'm not convinced Pac will simply come forward, and he's not a dumb fighter, he's just offense-minded, and Mayweather isn't courageous enough to reach out to counter Pac when he lunges off balance. Pac will probably come out and circle Floyd the way he did against de la Hoya. Floyd's plasticity and mobility aren't what they use to be and Pac will exploit that. He will also exploit Floyd's biggest flaw: his one-punch-at-a-time-pace.


Um, Pac couldn't cutoff the ring and finish a shot Mosely who didn't want to be there. All Mosely had to do to survive and keep Pac off him was move a little and throw the occasional jab and tie up Pac when he lunged in. So now I'm supposed to buy that all Pac needs to do is "circle" Floyd and that's it, huh? Yeah...... Where do you get the notion that Floyd is slowing down from? He always fights at a controlled pace. And I'm not sure how you're measuring his "plasticity" (I'll assume you mean flexibility) among other things. What's all this odd talk about "courage" or lack thereof? It won't take any "courage" to tag an off balance fighter. It's a counetrpunchers M.O. I think you're reaching a bit.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 10 2011, 04:00 PM
Post #110


Super Middleweight


Group: Team BU
Posts: 3,702
Joined: 27-April 08
From: NZ
Member No.: 7,287



QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 10 2011, 02:52 PM) *
I stopped reading after you said tremendous accuracy. Just because you throw a millions punches a round does not mean you are accurate. Pac could not hit a 38 Shane Mosely, he can't cut off the ring and his defense is laughable. You have no idea if May slowed down, wait until the Ortiz fight. May is a way smarter boxer than Manny. While Manny will continue to come forward May will pot shot the crap out of him the entire not. Not only that but Manny's feet get tangled, he lunges forward... And just because you have quick hands does not mean a win see the following boxers: Berto, Ortiz, Khan, and Judah, and Tyson.


Actually Pac is a tremendous sharp shooter, it is one of his strengths.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:28 AM