Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arum claims that there no Issues concerning May&Pac Fight
caneman
post Aug 8 2011, 09:30 AM
Post #61

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

Really good read here!!!! http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-lead/a-...-peds-in-boxing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hops
post Aug 8 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #62

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,849

Fuck! To avoid complications, just let Floyd or the one who promotes him pay for everything. If Floyd wants USADA in the Philippines because he doesn't trust Pinoys and at the same time he doesn't want any other WADA sanctioned organization to collect blood samples, then Floyd or his promoter must pay USADA personnel to go to the Philippines. End of story.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 8 2011, 10:31 AM
Post #63

Amateur

QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 8 2011, 10:09 AM) *
Fuck! To avoid complications, just let Floyd or the one who promotes him pay for everything. If Floyd wants USADA in the Philippines because he doesn't trust Pinoys and at the same time he doesn't want any other WADA sanctioned organization to collect blood samples, then Floyd or his promoter must pay USADA personnel to go to the Philippines. End of story.

I would bet you if FMJ had to pay for it, it wouldn't be an issue anymore! Just my opinion!

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Aug 8 2011, 10:52 AM
Post #64

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 8 2011, 11:31 AM) *
I would bet you if FMJ had to pay for it, it wouldn't be an issue anymore! Just my opinion!

If he's really tryin' to clean up the sport like he claims, payin' shouldn't be a problem.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 8 2011, 10:55 AM
Post #65

Amateur

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Aug 8 2011, 10:52 AM) *
If he's really tryin' to clean up the sport like he claims, payin' shouldn't be a problem.

I agree but stand by that statement!

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 8 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #66

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 8 2011, 05:16 AM) *
Bald!! Oh say it aint so Beardo. C'mon dude you're the Chuck Norris of FH, no way can you be bald (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

SmartyBeardo can delete the recycle bin
SmartyBeardo can leave a message before the beep
There is no such thing as race, only groups of people whom SmartyBeardo has beaten to different shades
There is no theory of evolution, only a list of creatures SmartyBeardo allows to live
When SmartyBeardo puts milk on his rice krispies, they shut the fuck up
Crop circles are SmartyBeardos way of telling corn it needs to sit its ass down
SmartyBeardo can touch MC Hammer
SmartyBeardo does not get frostbite, SmartyBeardo bites frost

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 8 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #67

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 11:59 AM) *
When SmartyBeardo puts milk on his rice krispies, they shut the fuck up

hahaha

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 8 2011, 11:06 AM
Post #68

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Aug 8 2011, 04:52 PM) *

If Floyd is really trying to clean up the sport, then as someone already mentioned, every fighter on the undercard would be getting tested. Floyd has enough clout to make that happen on a show he is headlining. Please dont tell me its too expensive either, because IF Floyd wanted to clean up the sport he would lay that down in the negotiations and the promoters would pay it to get him to fight. It would be good publicity for his "cause" and it woould help cascade the testing idea down through the sport. When the guys lower down on the card go through that it might stay with them when they are the big names of tomorrow.

Floyd is only one man, but as far as this PPV goes, hes the one man that matters. He could strike a blow for the testing cause in every one of his shows from now to retirement, but until someone can show me that what iv described is happening, then that is conclusive proof to me that Floyds testing regime is a lot of bullshit.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 8 2011, 11:35 AM
Post #69

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 11:06 AM) *
If Floyd is really trying to clean up the sport, then as someone already mentioned, every fighter on the undercard would be getting tested. Floyd has enough clout to make that happen on a show he is headlining. Please dont tell me its too expensive either, because IF Floyd wanted to clean up the sport he would lay that down in the negotiations and the promoters would pay it to get him to fight. It would be good publicity for his "cause" and it woould help cascade the testing idea down through the sport. When the guys lower down on the card go through that it might stay with them when they are the big names of tomorrow.

Floyd is only one man, but as far as this PPV goes, hes the one man that matters. He could strike a blow for the testing cause in every one of his shows from now to retirement, but until someone can show me that what iv described is happening, then that is conclusive proof to me that Floyds testing regime is a lot of bullshit.

Isn't he already demanding that in his contract? There maybe a lot of dirty fighters right now and perhaps the different boxing commissions would look really dumb for not picking up fighters that cheat. I am sure there is also a lot of red tape involved with new testing. In this economy no state wants to spend more money of testing when urine testing is cheap and easy. I pose this question to you: Let's say Andre Ward or Manny demanded OST to all their fights would there be a backlash or do you think because MJ said it people raise eyebrows or they think he is full of crap. The message is a good one but maybe the messenger is the problem. I never have seen a backlash with someone wanting better testing in a sport especially a sport that you can die from or become injured for life.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 8 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #70

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 8 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Isn't he already demanding that in his contract? There maybe a lot of dirty fighters right now and perhaps the different boxing commissions would look really dumb for not picking up fighters that cheat. I am sure there is also a lot of red tape involved with new testing. In this economy no state wants to spend more money of testing when urine testing is cheap and easy. I pose this question to you: Let's say Andre Ward or Manny demanded OST to all their fights would there be a backlash or do you think because MJ said it people raise eyebrows or they think he is full of crap. The message is a good one but maybe the messenger is the problem. I never have seen a backlash with someone wanting better testing in a sport especially a sport that you can die from or become injured for life.

I think my post contained my thoughts on that question. IF Floyd is making EVERYONE on his bill take tests, for the purpose of cascading this stance through the different tiers of boxing then fair enough. But id need to see evidence of that before I accept that Floyds testing stance is anything more than posturing bullshit, and in the worst case, a way out of fighting you know who.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 10:19 PM