Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Princess Julio
JONdaCON817
post Aug 6 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

So i read that the schedualed Sept 17th fight of JCC jr vs Ronald Hearns may not happen.. DiBella (Hearns' promoter) says hes yet to receive a contract.. Apparently DiBella is under the impression that JCC jr may skip the Sept fight in order to pursue a fight in Nov vs. Peter Manfredo Jr (who DiBella also promotes)

this is a good idea to some extant.. obviously fighting the same night as Mayweather, Canelo, and Morales would be a bad idea, at the same time i feel like Arum may prefer to have Chavez Jr fight in Sept (possibly to try and take sum numbers away from May) instead of feeding Chavez to the Lions (in this case a semi-formidable opponent in Manfredo)

this is obviously a step up in competition but not by much...

Does Chavez fight Hearns or Manfredo?
Can Manfredo beat the heavily protected Chavez?

What are your thoughts?

i would say keep it clean but my hate for Chavez is so immense that i wouldnt mind it being as dirty as possible.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Aug 6 2011, 07:48 PM
Post #2

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 6 2011, 04:49 PM) *
So i read that the schedualed Sept 17th fight of JCC jr vs Ronald Hearns may not happen.. DiBella (Hearns' promoter) says hes yet to receive a contract.. Apparently DiBella is under the impression that JCC jr may skip the Sept fight in order to pursue a fight in Nov vs. Peter Manfredo Jr (who DiBella also promotes)

this is a good idea to some extant.. obviously fighting the same night as Mayweather, Canelo, and Morales would be a bad idea, at the same time i feel like Arum may prefer to have Chavez Jr fight in Sept (possibly to try and take sum numbers away from May) instead of feeding Chavez to the Lions (in this case a semi-formidable opponent in Manfredo)

What are your thoughts?

i would say keep it clean but my hate for Chavez is so immense that i wouldnt mind it being as dirty as possible.

Whichever should be on an undercard.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 6 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 6 2011, 06:49 PM) *

What are your thoughts?

Why do you hate Chavez, I am just curious. He has 0 punching power, his defense my 1 year old can get through. He is well protected he is the son of a Mexican legend what do you expect? Overrated, darn skippy. I think both fights are lame. Until he fights someone worth a damn then he is either on Friday night fights or HBO Boxing AFter dark. The kid stinks.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Aug 6 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 6 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Why do you hate Chavez, I am just curious. He has 0 punching power, his defense my 1 year old can get through. He is well protected he is the son of a Mexican legend what do you expect? Overrated, darn skippy. I think both fights are lame. Until he fights someone worth a damn then he is either on Friday night fights or HBO Boxing AFter dark. The kid stinks.

Yeaa... living in TX these crazy Mexicans swear JCC Jr is the greatest fighter since Ali... it drives me CRAZY. and there arguement is always "Oh hes juss starting his career off, hes still learn"... WTF?! Kill yo'self foo!!!.... lol

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Aug 6 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 6 2011, 07:48 PM) *
Whichever should be on an undercard.

YES!!... idkk how this man can manage to headline PPVs. i swear i could beat JCC Jr's ass in a fist fight..

i think most ppl on this website can prolly do the same.

This post has been edited by JONdaCON817: Aug 6 2011, 08:32 PM

+Quote Post
Hittman25
post Aug 6 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #6

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,662

I was gonna say i dont think hearns or manfredo could beat chavez jr but when i think about it i think you could if u just stuff that jab in his face and move around i dont think chavez jr can box hes more of a brawler....but with the judges most likely on his side id say those guys will have a hard time beating him unless they get there power up and just keep landing flush on chavez jr..he will have to fall sooner than later because he doesnt take punches as well as daddy did...chavez jr gets reallly red from punishment where big chavez never got red and never looked like he ways taking a beating til father time catched up with him

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 6 2011, 11:44 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 6 2011, 09:30 PM) *
Yeaa... living in TX these crazy Mexicans swear JCC Jr is the greatest fighter since Ali... it drives me CRAZY. and there arguement is always "Oh hes juss starting his career off, hes still learn"... WTF?! Kill yo'self foo!!!.... lol

i personally can't stand the dude. he's lazy and only gets by on his dad's name.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 7 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #8

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 6 2011, 06:49 PM) *

What are your thoughts?

I know Maravilla wants to tap that ass! http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168429-...-not-168-pounds

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Aug 7 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #9

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

After the way Sebastian Zbik peppered him round after round and got ROBBED, Arum better give Chavez Jr. more protection than Sven Ottke got in Europe. The first time he fights someone with a pulse and it's not in a spot where everyone knows that the decision is in the bag if it's even much of a contest at all, the result will be really, really bad. On one hand, I'd love to see someone like Ronald Hearns or Peter Manfredo just walk out and ice him with a shot out of nowhere, but on the other hand there's something about watching someone get overly protected, spoon fed ridiculous opposition, and handed decisions based on name alone before finally stepping up to the level that it was assumed they'd already reached... and getting handed a soul-crushing beatdown that causes the women and children in the audience to weep and flee.

I'd love nothing more at this point than to see Chavez Jr. take a Richard Hall beatdown that gets so bad that hundreds and hundreds of fans are tossing their red "J.C. CHAVEZ JR." headbands into the ring to try to get the fight stopped... but Arthur Mercante Jr. just keeps kicking the headbands out of the ring and tells Julio to take his asskicking like a man.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 7 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #10

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 7 2011, 11:24 AM) *
After the way Sebastian Zbik peppered him round after round and got ROBBED, Arum better give Chavez Jr. more protection than Sven Ottke got in Europe. The first time he fights someone with a pulse and it's not in a spot where everyone knows that the decision is in the bag if it's even much of a contest at all, the result will be really, really bad. On one hand, I'd love to see someone like Ronald Hearns or Peter Manfredo just walk out and ice him with a shot out of nowhere, but on the other hand there's something about watching someone get overly protected, spoon fed ridiculous opposition, and handed decisions based on name alone before finally stepping up to the level that it was assumed they'd already reached... and getting handed a soul-crushing beatdown that causes the women and children in the audience to weep and flee.

I'd love nothing more at this point than to see Chavez Jr. take a Richard Hall beatdown that gets so bad that hundreds and hundreds of fans are tossing their red "J.C. CHAVEZ JR." headbands into the ring to try to get the fight stopped... but Arthur Mercante Jr. just keeps kicking the headbands out of the ring and tells Julio to take his asskicking like a man.

LMAO times 100

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 03:14 PM