> Princess Julio
JONdaCON817
post Aug 8 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #11

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 7 2011, 11:24 AM) *
After the way Sebastian Zbik peppered him round after round and got ROBBED, Arum better give Chavez Jr. more protection than Sven Ottke got in Europe. The first time he fights someone with a pulse and it's not in a spot where everyone knows that the decision is in the bag if it's even much of a contest at all, the result will be really, really bad. On one hand, I'd love to see someone like Ronald Hearns or Peter Manfredo just walk out and ice him with a shot out of nowhere, but on the other hand there's something about watching someone get overly protected, spoon fed ridiculous opposition, and handed decisions based on name alone before finally stepping up to the level that it was assumed they'd already reached... and getting handed a soul-crushing beatdown that causes the women and children in the audience to weep and flee.

I'd love nothing more at this point than to see Chavez Jr. take a Richard Hall beatdown that gets so bad that hundreds and hundreds of fans are tossing their red "J.C. CHAVEZ JR." headbands into the ring to try to get the fight stopped... but Arthur Mercante Jr. just keeps kicking the headbands out of the ring and tells Julio to take his asskicking like a man.

I like the way you think my friend!!!...lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Aug 8 2011, 03:08 PM
Post #12

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 7 2011, 10:56 AM) *
I know Maravilla wants to tap that ass! http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168429-...-not-168-pounds

lol.. i love how Sergio is tryin is damn hardest to rain on Top Ranks parade... lol

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 8 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #13

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 7 2011, 11:24 AM) *
After the way Sebastian Zbik peppered him round after round and got ROBBED, Arum better give Chavez Jr. more protection than Sven Ottke got in Europe. The first time he fights someone with a pulse and it's not in a spot where everyone knows that the decision is in the bag if it's even much of a contest at all, the result will be really, really bad. On one hand, I'd love to see someone like Ronald Hearns or Peter Manfredo just walk out and ice him with a shot out of nowhere, but on the other hand there's something about watching someone get overly protected, spoon fed ridiculous opposition, and handed decisions based on name alone before finally stepping up to the level that it was assumed they'd already reached... and getting handed a soul-crushing beat-down that causes the women and children in the audience to weep and flee.

I'd love nothing more at this point than to see Chavez Jr. take a Richard Hall beat-down that gets so bad that hundreds and hundreds of fans are tossing their red "J.C. CHAVEZ JR." headbands into the ring to try to get the fight stopped... but Arthur Mercante Jr. just keeps kicking the headbands out of the ring and tells Julio to take his ass-kicking like a man.

Actually, many people, myself included thought Chavez Jr.-Zibik was a fair decision. Zibik would have had it if he would have been a little stronger in those last two rounds. I think I had it 115-113 for Chavez. But there is no denying that there is the potential for seriously bad verdicts in the future, if opponents of Chavez do not TKO/KO him. It's almost like the best an opponent will get against Chavez Jr. on the cards is a draw. UNLESS there is a huge money maker and/or another big star in the opposite corner. In fact, I would almost choose not to fight Chavez Jr. if I was Mandredo or Mora, or a faded Mosley, rumored to be Chavez Jr.'s next opponents, because there is no way that I think they will ever win a decision against him. And I would make that thought known to the public and the press.

The only reason Chavez Jr. is where he is being protected by the WBC is because he is Julio's kid. Even WBC board members know this. I asked the question in the post-fight thread for Chavez Jr.-Zibik, is there anyone who cannot beat Chavez Jr?

Jack

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 8 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 8 2011, 03:08 PM) *
lol.. i love how Sergio is tryin is damn hardest to rain on Top Ranks parade... lol

He ain't bias, he'll shit on anyone's parade, all they have to do is sign the contract!

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 8 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 8 2011, 09:10 PM) *
He ain't bias, he'll shit on anyone's parade, all they have to do is take the test!

Fixed for you mate, I assume thats what you meant. Thats how fights get made now these days no?

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 8 2011, 07:18 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 8 2011, 06:28 PM) *
Fixed for you mate, I assume thats what you meant. Thats how fights get made now these days no?

yea I dare FMJ to push that one!!! Many here think FMJ will just move right on up, he WILL NEVER FIGHT MARAVILLA BARRING HIM GETTING STOPPED, BELIEVE THAT SHIT! IT SUCKS, AS IN FMJ, WE MAY NEVER SEE HOW GOOD MARAVILLA IS AND FOR A DIFFERENT REASON THEN THE SO CALLED NEXT COMING! BUT Pac, take the test bitch and call FMJ out for once!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:47 PM