IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime:Agbeko vs. Mares@ 10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, Update: No Suspention For Mora-But No Main Events in Future
Jack 1000
post Aug 14 2011, 01:25 AM
Post #31

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Worst ref job I have seen in many years! I either had it 8-4 or 7-5 for Mares. But I think Mora should be investigated by the commission for his neglect of the low blows and that hideous and almost scandalous miss of the low blow in the 11th round.

You almost wonder with Mares being in the Delahoya, Golden Boy, WBC, Mexican fighter bias base that the system has accused itself of in the past, was this ref almost afraid to penalize or did someone tell him not to penalize Mares for being "The Star Fighter?" It just seems to fit. Because Mr. Mora has not had issues in the past. He did everything in his power to favor the "Star." Sure Joseph was the champion, but it Mares with the higher marketability, and the big "0" that they need to protect.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Aug 14 2011, 02:00 AM
Post #32

Super Flyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,900

One of the most incompetent refereeing displays I have ever seen and there is absolutely no doubt in my eyes - he was quite simply paid off.  This is corruption of the highest order, I honestly could not believe what I was seeing.  Ridiculous, disgusting, disgraceful and quite simply there absolutely HAS to be an investigation into this.  This ref, he's the same guy who deducted two points from Katsidis WITHOUT warning.  He ruined the fight, ruined my night and he tainted the sport of boxing.  He MUST NEVER referee a fight again after this despicable show of incompetence.  And to think I was building this fight up, looking forward to a fight of the year candidate and we all end up being robbed by the 3rd man.  Disgusting.  Jim Gray took no prisoners!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 14 2011, 03:05 AM
Post #33

The Consultant

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 14 2011, 02:00 AM) *
One of the most incompetent refereeing displays I have ever seen and there is absolutely no doubt in my eyes - he was quite simply paid off.  This is corruption of the highest order, I honestly could not believe what I was seeing.  Ridiculous, disgusting, disgraceful and quite simply there absolutely HAS to be an investigation into this.  This ref, he's the same guy who deducted two points from Katsidis WITHOUT warning.  He ruined the fight, ruined my night and he tainted the sport of boxing.  He MUST NEVER referee a fight again after this despicable show of incompetence.  And to think I was building this fight up, looking forward to a fight of the year candidate and we all end up being robbed by the 3rd man.  Disgusting.  Jim Gray took no prisoners!

Let's talk about the corruption theory,

Nobody likes to do that, but this was reminiscent of Roger Tillerman's officiating in the Ottke-Reid fight. That's another spectacle you have to see to believe. The single most corrupt fight that I ever saw where everyone appeared to be corrupt was Coggi-Gonzalez I. However, I don't want to indulge too much into those fights, because this was a case were the judging was good, going into the fight was good, the fighters did what they had to do in giving us a decent fight. But everything was shit on and fucked up by Russell Mora as ref.

I will look into this more tomorrow. but I do not recall other controversies with him. But yea Sentral, you make a great point about Katsidis getting penalized by the same ref WITHOUT WARNING. Good call. If there is corruption, who is actually doing it and how are they doing it? Is it Delahoya, his company, the WBC, which has an overt favorable bias toward Mexican and Latin American fighters with their ratings and titles. If this is going on, they have to be doing it well enough to not get caught. What's the explanation, and who would be saying, "Oh, Russell, btw, we got a potential hot Mexican star here in Mares, whatever you do, DON'T penalize him and there might be something in it for you."

Or in the case of Mora, is it not corruption, but sheer incompetence and stupidity? It's different because incompetence and stupidity is not a criminal offense, and without proof of an on the take situation, they won't reverse the decision to a no-contest. All the IBF can do is order a rematch. Or in the case of Mora, could it be that Mora just felt compelled to protect Mares, because Agbeko is not the big money making fighter?

It should be noted that Mora DOES NOT have the experience of other big time Nevada refs. Let it be known however, that the shit he pulled tonight makes Joe Cortez and Jay Nady look like saints!!!! I mean, the couple of controversies that they had were NOTHING compared to this.

Therefore if there was corruption in the fight, who paid off Mora, and why?

Jack

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Aug 14 2011, 08:26 AM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

It's been well documented that in big fights, the promoters can be more than nice with referees and judges. So no surprise if Mora was actually influenced by the promoters.

The thing is though, if you're going to be biased and favor a fighter, why be so obvious about it? I would think that there are more subtle ways of being corrupt than calling 1 questionable knockdown, another obviously caused by an illegal blow, and a whole bunch of punches below the belt. Then again, I have a hard time believing it was sheer incompetence, because as Jack said, I don't remember when this guy had as bad a night as he did tonight. Especially when I watch that bullshit knockdown caused by the low blow. How could he miss that? When watching it live on TV, our viewpoint was behind Agbeko and even we could tell that the punch it had been low.

This post has been edited by Mean Mister Mustard: Aug 14 2011, 08:27 AM

+Quote Post
Hops
post Aug 14 2011, 08:38 AM
Post #35

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,849

I think Arum's involved in this one.

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Aug 14 2011, 09:28 AM
Post #36

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

lmao...watch the last low blow in the 11th ...how the refs comes in shaking his head waving off mares after the shot as if to say "ok man, i saw that one.... that was low" then he points mares to the neutral corner then almost does a 180 personality change and comes in counting 3, 4, 5.....LMAO....wow.

This post has been edited by HaydelHammer: Aug 14 2011, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Aug 14 2011, 10:58 AM
Post #37

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

i would of had this fight even if it wasnt for the 2 BS KDs. and Agbeko wouldve prolly won by a few points if the LowBlows would have been penalized... when this fight started i was beginning to become a fan of Mares.. he was landing harder shots, he was active, applying pressure.. then the LBs started kiccing in. Agbeko didnt bitch till the end.. he won madd respect in my book.. deff deserves a rematch... that ref should be fired... he obviously wasnt tryin to protect the fighters, which is his jobs main purpose.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 14 2011, 11:41 AM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Horrible job by Mora.

The fight went pretty much like i expected very close give and take. Agbeko deserves a rematch.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Aug 14 2011, 12:08 PM
Post #39

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

agbeko kept his cool, seemed like, throughout the whole fight. i cant imagine eating all those nut shots...defintely woulda lost my temper. hopefully they rematch it. without the patsy.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 14 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #40

The Consultant

I think Mora may have had several vendettas against Agbeko before the fight even began. He had a very negative "Fuck You" attitude toward Joseph in the fight. For whatever reason, Mora may have wanted Mares to win, whether there was bribery or not.

Jack

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 03:34 PM