IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime:Agbeko vs. Mares@ 10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, Update: No Suspention For Mora-But No Main Events in Future
Jack 1000
post Aug 15 2011, 11:19 PM
Post #51

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 15 2011, 05:36 PM) *
with shit like this i can't blame people for turning away from boxing. i bet if Mares was getting hit like that and nothing happened Mora would be suspended right now. but that wouldn't have happened because Agbeko would have been DQed after the 15th low blow.

You bet,

You know I hate Delahoya's company. Golden Boy Promotions the more I think about this. Russell Mora began his career doing some fights in New Mexico and over time had no serious incidents until he was criticized for not stopping the Montiel-Donaire fight. I think Mora might have a favorable bias to Delahoya's fighters. And it could also be that Agbeko, who doesn't have a big marquee name, although is a very, very good fighter, doesn't have the kind of fan-base and promotional power, even with Don King at the helm. Don is losing his influence because of health and age. Oscar and Richard Schaefer from his company are probably going to take over boxing when Arum and King die. They will be the new power players for big fights and fighters.

And since this fight gave Golden Boy Promotions their first world champion for their stable, that is very very important to them. Look past the Golden Grin. Oscar's doing the same things that people accuse Arum of doing. Playing to the Hispanic and Mexican population by carefully matching his fighters against guys from his own stable whenever possible. Working with Don had to be, a challenge, because Oscar would have no promotional ties to Agbeko had he won, and I don't think Oscar would just give promotional rights for Mares to King

Is Mora incompetent? Well, no because he purposely and deliberately was NOT penalizing Mares on those low blows in every round. If Mora was incompetent he would be missing low blow sequences in other fights he has worked. That has not been the case, Mora has been quick to penalize in other fights. And you can't just say that Mora had a bad night because too many despicable things happened in his officiating. This goes way beyond a bad night.

Do you think Mora just hated Agbeko? Could this be a racial issue? Does Joseph have any legal recourse here? Or do we have to have more evidence? The evidence although circumstantial shows something nasty was up with that fight. Just not sure what it was. I have heard accusations of of incompetence, bribery, and racial bias. This is a very shameful situation for boxing and I really feel bad for Mr. Agbeko.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 05:54 PM