IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who is true boxer of decade (2001-2010)
gravytrain
post Aug 17 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 16 2011, 04:40 PM) *
Hopkins wins from 2000-2010

Jones Jr
Ornelas
Pavlik
Wright
Tarver
DLH
Allen
Joppy
Hakkar
Trinidad
Holmes
Echols
Vanderpool

Mayweather wins 2000-2010

Mosley
Marquez
Hatton
DLH
Baldomir
Judah
Mitchell
Gatti
Bruseles
Corley
N'dou
Sosa
Castillo
Castillo
Hernandez
Corrales
Augustus
Vargas

When put like this, i have to say Mayweather's wins are as impressive as Hopkins. Hopkins best wins are Trinidad, DLH, Tarver, Pavlik, and Wright. Mayweather's are Corrales, Castillo 2x, Judah, DLH, Hatton, JMM, and Mosley. I think the better resume goes to Mayweather, even Mayweather's secondary opponents outweigh Hopkins'. Before i put this together i favored Hopkins but now i lean towards PBF, Hopkins gets no credit for his losses

his wins over Trinidad, Tarver, De La Hoya and Pavlik are more impressive.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 16 2011, 10:31 PM) *
41-0 without the hype job and "good guy, I love the people, I am Mr. Humble" image. Raw talent with great work ethic. Opponents that were a challenge and not carefully hand picked or coming off of loses or horrible performances. That's why I pick May. I am judging off his skill in the ring and performances not the bs that the media will have you believe. Oh and he holds PPV records... Hopkins or Pacaquio can't say that. Hopkins is a great choice but he has some L's and bad perfomances too. Hopkins has my respect, he has a 20 year old's body and his dedication to the sport gets high praise.

I respect Pacaquio and the excitement that he brings to the sport and I think Hopkins is unreal (46 and still dominating) is amazing. I am a May fan but I am a boxing fan and just because I am a May fan does not mean I do not recognize other great fighters (Pacaquio, Donaire, Hopkins, and some other notable fighters) however I think that MJ dominated the fight game for a very long time and the fighter of the decade would hands down go to him.

he's hand picked opponents and fought fighters coming off of a loss or poor performance. with your criteria you can't even pick him.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 17 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 16 2011, 11:45 PM) *
I stand by wht the phuck I said! Yes Pac did beat 3 mexican legends but as a "whole", Mayweather's resume is more complete then his. He's beaten Corrales, Gatti(How dare you imply that he would struggle to make the HOF), DLH, Hatton, Zab, Mosley & the list goes on. Many say that Floyd has fought these people when it's beneficial to him but the same could be said for Manny & I don't believe he beat Marquez . He fought those warriors @ the tail end of their careers. Don't let your emotions get your ass checked into some shit you can't handle

Sounds like you're the one whose getting his panties in a bunch tough guy.

Gatti I think will make the HoF on emotion only, and if you want to compare a Gatti win against a Barerra, Morales or JMM win then you are delusional. Same with Corrales. Seriously I don't rate Hatton so neither guy gets a big tick for that fight. And Zab. Please tell me you're joking right? Zab (hot off a loss) is a great win??!!

DLH was in semi-retirement for their fight and Floyd was obviously feeding off of Bernard's scraps but I gave Floyd a tick for that win. Mosley came in 2010 which I'm counting as the next decade (see previous posts) so that doesn't count.

Let me guess, "you're a boxing fan first and a Floyd fan second."

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 17 2011, 01:08 AM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 17 2011, 12:52 AM) *
Sounds like you're the one whose getting his panties in a bunch tough guy.

Gatti I think will make the HoF on emotion only, and if you want to compare a Gatti win against a Barerra, Morales or JMM win then you are delusional. Same with Corrales. Seriously I don't rate Hatton so neither guy gets a big tick for that fight. And Zab. Please tell me you're joking right? Zab (hot off a loss) is a great win??!!

DLH was in semi-retirement for their fight and Floyd was obviously feeding off of Bernard's scraps but I gave Floyd a tick for that win. Mosley came in 2010 which I'm counting as the next decade (see previous posts) so that doesn't count.

Let me guess, "you're a boxing fan first and a Floyd fan second."

That's your opinion and I have mine, but don't disrespect me for stating facts. Take it how you want to Olle or whatever your name is. Your allowing your ignorance to cloud your judgement. I'm not comapring anything here except whole bodies of work and in that time Floyd's body of work his better then Manny's "in my opinion". Say what you want about Zab but he's the only 1 to give Floyd problems besides a prime Castillo. That's why I count that. And to answer your question I'm a man first and a boxing fan second. Respect me as such or stfu

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 17 2011, 01:49 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 17 2011, 01:08 AM) *
That's your opinion and I have mine, but don't disrespect me for stating facts. Take it how you want to Olle or whatever your name is. Your allowing your ignorance to cloud your judgement. I'm not comapring anything here except whole bodies of work and in that time Floyd's body of work his better then Manny's "in my opinion". Say what you want about Zab but he's the only 1 to give Floyd problems besides a prime Castillo. That's why I count that. And to answer your question I'm a man first and a boxing fan second. Respect me as such or stfu

With each post you sound more and more like a clown. To paraphrase a very famous quote on these boards, 'whaddya going to do, hit with me typeby?'

First you are 'stating the facts' then it's just your 'opinion.' Well which one is it? I'll say what I want about Zab, and that is that he hasn't had much of a career. Only one win against Cory Spinks and that's IT. Yet somehow in your Floydcentric world a win over Zab is better than a win over Morales, Barerra or JMM. I mean heck I'm happy to start a thread/vote where we can see which other fight fans think if it is a better win. You wanna put some money on who would win that bet?

Now go and suck on mommy's tit and if you're really lucky she may read you a bedtime story, clearly you like fairytales (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by The Ollie Reed Fan Club: Aug 17 2011, 05:32 AM

+Quote Post
riddick
post Aug 17 2011, 05:00 AM
Post #25

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,555

QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Aug 16 2011, 09:48 PM) *
Has anyone gotten fighter of the decade twice? It would be weird if someone got the award twice.

Sugar Ray Robinson in 40s, 50s.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 17 2011, 06:16 AM
Post #26

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 17 2011, 12:31 PM) *
41-0 without the hype job and "good guy, I love the people, I am Mr. Humble" image. Raw talent with great work ethic. Opponents that were a challenge and not carefully hand picked or coming off of loses or horrible performances.

Wow. Just to cherrypick some of his challenging non hand picked fighters coming off not horrible performances or losses

Corley coming off a LOSS to Zab Judah.
Mitchell coming off a TD & a career altering beatdown by Tszyu.
Judah coming off a humiliating loss where even if he got a win it was a horrible performance.
DLH had not won a real legit fight since he beat Vargas years earlier.

You sound tired & thirsty. You must need a drink.

(IMG:http://www.anthonymathenia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/istock_koolaid.jpg)

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 17 2011, 06:32 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 17 2011, 06:16 AM) *
Wow. Just to cherrypick some of his challenging non hand picked fighters coming off not horrible performances or losses

Corley coming off a LOSS to Zab Judah.
Mitchell coming off a TD & a career altering beatdown by Tszyu.
Judah coming off a humiliating loss where even if he got a win it was a horrible performance.
DLH had not won a real legit fight since he beat Vargas years earlier.

You sound tired & thirsty. You must need a drink.

(IMG:http://www.anthonymathenia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/istock_koolaid.jpg)

Steve you must be losing your touch. You forgot Gatti, Bruessels and my personal favourite, piss drinking midget JMM at a CW he couldn't even be bothered to make. All class.

Can I have some of that Kool Aid? It does look awfully tasty and refreshing!

This post has been edited by The Ollie Reed Fan Club: Aug 17 2011, 06:33 AM

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 17 2011, 06:39 AM
Post #28

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 17 2011, 09:32 PM) *
Steve you must be losing your touch. You forgot Gatti, Bruessels and my personal favourite, piss drinking midget JMM at a CW he couldn't even be bothered to make. All class.

Can I have some of that Kool Aid? It does look awfully tasty and refreshing!

True. I forgot about the hand picked part. Add JMM, Bruseles & Gatti to the list.

BTW it is not Kool Aid it is Floyd's menstrual blood with ice.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 17 2011, 06:41 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 17 2011, 07:39 AM) *
True. I forgot about the hand picked part. Add JMM, Bruseles & Gatti to the list.

BTW it is not Kool Aid it is Floyd's menstrual blood with ice.

Is that one of the prizes Floyd was offering his fans in that 'After dark' series? I know a couple of definite takers on this board.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 17 2011, 09:25 AM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I almost spoke too soon about being happy that this thread didn't turn into a Pacquiao/Mayweather argument. Both of these guys have some big names on their resumes, whether those opponents go to the HOF is out of our hands. The fact is, a name is a name. Beating fighters with big names, subsequently builds your name in this sport. Both of these guys did the same thing, that had their best fights at the lower weight classes, but when they were in arm's length of stardom, the condition of the big named opponents were in question for the most part.

We all know that Mayweather fought guys who were coming off of big wins, and Pacquiao dismantled guys that came off of losses, period. Im guessing that after they fight once, twice, or maybe even three times, the results will be clear. Im glad that Hopkins was brought up because he did more than enough to seal his legacy as a HOF fighter and also be recognized as a potential fighter of the decade. He talked up and promoted all of his biggest fights and made the most of them.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 05:26 AM