IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where is the old guard?, What the fuck has happened?
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 18 2011, 09:19 AM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Did CEO not say a couple of months ago he was taking a break from posting? Theres a lot of guys disappeared since I came on but the majority have coinciced with the influx of the T shirt team. Rusty Trombone and PR316 are another couple off the top of my head. PR liked to talk football which suited me
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 18 2011, 11:35 AM
Post #12

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 18 2011, 07:37 AM) *
It's almost as if Fighthype has decided to use the Floyd catchphrase for it's own purpose with a little twist on it....."If it makes traffic, it makes sense!"

Yep!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Funny, but I don't really see it being any better at other message boards at sites that do MORE traffic, and yet, have FAR MORE trolls and just plain childish posters. I really don't think it's as bad as some of you "old guard" say it is.

JD got married....CEO said he was taking a break...the rest of you grumpy old timers seem to still be around though. As for anyone who got banned...I ain't got a problem with them, so by all means, ask the mods who banned them if they can come back.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 18 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i'm new to this board...but have noticed a trend on all boards. the "good ol' days" seems to be a hot topic that comes up from time to time. i get it. ppl like to recall good times but i think u have to take action in creating new ones. there will always be plenty to talk about in boxing. also, alienating/belittling posters will always lead to driving ppl away who might actually add to conversation. there's no need to shit on a guy because he happens to have a different point of view or is less informed. this place can use more traffic, but i think if we keep the conversations respectful more ppl will be inclined to participate.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 18 2011, 03:12 PM
Post #14

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

The "good ol' days" of boxing were a lot better than now too.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 18 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 18 2011, 06:37 AM) *
I used to read the boards before I was a member and I was attracted to post here (albeit infrequently Ollie) because of the quality and lack of spamming.  Plus this site had rules which appeared to be adhered to.  I think there is still a sticky at the top of the page stressing no duplicate topics. ....."If it makes traffic, it makes sense!"

It's called my 'mind reversal motivation technique' designed to see promising members reach their full posting potential (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like the new slogan. Well I don't exactly like it but it sums up things well I think.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 18 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #16

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 18 2011, 04:12 PM) *
The "good ol' days" of boxing were a lot better than now too.

100% agree with you on that one haha. Idk what the "old gaurd" considers me, i'm relativly new here(been a member since 08 but didn't have time to post) but i enjoy a good boxing argument here and there and until im banned or get tired i'll keep posting. There are definitely some knowledgeable boxing fans on this site and some opinions i respect, doesn't mean i'm gonna agree with them tho haha

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 18 2011, 05:46 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

That's it. I'm gonna reach out to a Mod and ask them to extend the hand of friendship to Torvix, if only to see that crazy fuck go head to head with Floydiots. It would be epic, and very very funny.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 18 2011, 05:47 PM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 18 2011, 11:46 PM) *
That's it. I'm gonna reach out to a Mod and ask them to extend the hand of friendship to Torvix, if only to see that crazy fuck go head to head with Floydiots. It would be epic, and very very funny.

Motion seconded. Bring back MarzB too.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Aug 18 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #19

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

I've been around but dont post as much anymore because damn near every topic is the same or ends up becoming the same. Hell I barely even read some of the new posters post...I usually just skim over them until I see one of the older guys posting and if they are replying to a comment I'll read that but other than that its starting to all look the same. Instead of complaining I just ignore what I dont want to see.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 18 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 18 2011, 06:56 PM) *
I've been around but dont post as much anymore because damn near every topic is the same or ends up becoming the same. Hell I barely even read some of the new posters post...I usually just skim over them until I see one of the older guys posting and if they are replying to a comment I'll read that but other than that its starting to all look the same. Instead of complaining I just ignore what I dont want to see.

I'm finally coming around to this way of thinking.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 01:49 PM