IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where is the old guard?, What the fuck has happened?
jlupi
post Sep 1 2011, 10:08 AM
Post #131

Junior Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 2,117

I know it brings in traffic. but really - do I really care what delahoya wears and who he sleeps with? Is it any of my business if MW or pac is running through there money faster than someone else thinks is appropriate?

my own opinion is that prob belongs on TMZ if anywhere.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Sep 1 2011, 01:55 PM
Post #132

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (jlupi @ Sep 1 2011, 11:08 AM) *
I know it brings in traffic. but really - do I really care what delahoya wears and who he sleeps with? Is it any of my business if MW or pac is running through there money faster than someone else thinks is appropriate?

my own opinion is that prob belongs on TMZ if anywhere.

Funny, but if it brings in traffic, evidently A LOT people other than yourself actually DO care...or at the very least are curious.

Honestly, if you look at the BIGGER PICTURE, I think you can educate yourself a lot more about what's going on in the sport if you pay attention to things like that. I mean, if De La Hoya was smiling in the cameras and lying about the photos back in 2007, going so far as to scare the chick by suing her because he adamantly claimed the photos were doctored, what else has he been smiling and lying about? Who else has he been scaring by using the power of his money? And if someone like Pacquiao or Mayweather are running through their money, it might help explain why they're making some of the business decisions they're making when it comes to fights that are taking place...or not taking place for that matter. I mean, it's cool if you don't care, but obviously there's FAR MORE people who actually do care. Sometimes when you want to know what's really going down on the surface, you have to dig a little deeper.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Sep 2 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #133

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 30 2011, 03:49 AM) *
FFS

Maybe its the several whiskeys i have ingested talking, but jesus christ Fighthype has become a really floyd nuthugging site. Not just the tools who post in the forum sucking mayweather jizz, but the site itself. The fucking King Mo articles where he laps up the mayweather milshakes really piss me off. Now i know most of the time its the result of a fan question to Mo, but the article headlines (always spruiking floyd, or shitting on manny) is pure fighthype.

But its not just the king mo question and answer sessions that have prompted this post.l Now we have articles with Daniel Cormiers view on drug testing... and the racial divide against black fighters with every other race in the world against floyd. Who gives a fuck what he thinks. Where is the article on his career, or upcoming bouts... no we only want to speak to him if he can comment on floyds drug testing policy...

God damn.

The two sites i posted on for close to a decade were this board, and the kostya tszyu forum. I stopped posting on the tszyu forum for a reason off the boxing topic. It was the result of some forum regulars shitting on defenceless boat people. And i realized i could no longer associate with these people because of their personal beliefs. Now i honestly am considering removing myself from this forum.

The site has become so far from impartial its a fucking joke. Who gives a fuck what cormier thinks on testing... Theres rarely, if ever, an article taking an opposing view to the mayweathers stance.

Now i know i dont post that often, and i am certainly not one of the most popular guys on this board, so i know when i leave i know no-one is going to miss me. But i just want to say that this site has lost its impartial status. The balance has gone. I find it sickening.

This is not a cry for attention. I dont expect to see "dont go aussie" posts, because i am not that important to the site. Never was, never will be. This is purely a statement as to why i am considering leaving. I love talking about boxing, but i can't take this shit anymore. Maybe i will continue posting here, maybe i won't, i am not sure. But its really is getting to be too much for me to tolerate anymore

Wishing everyone on this forum the best of luck. If i dont come back, thanks for the memories. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/friends.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

At least stick around the MMA forums, buddy. I don't always agree with you, but you know your shit and that is always appreciated.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Sep 2 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #134

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 30 2011, 03:49 AM) *
FFS

Maybe its the several whiskeys i have ingested talking, but jesus christ Fighthype has become a really floyd nuthugging site. Not just the tools who post in the forum sucking mayweather jizz, but the site itself. The fucking King Mo articles where he laps up the mayweather milshakes really piss me off. Now i know most of the time its the result of a fan question to Mo, but the article headlines (always spruiking floyd, or shitting on manny) is pure fighthype.

But its not just the king mo question and answer sessions that have prompted this post.l Now we have articles with Daniel Cormiers view on drug testing... and the racial divide against black fighters with every other race in the world against floyd. Who gives a fuck what he thinks. Where is the article on his career, or upcoming bouts... no we only want to speak to him if he can comment on floyds drug testing policy...

God damn.

The two sites i posted on for close to a decade were this board, and the kostya tszyu forum. I stopped posting on the tszyu forum for a reason off the boxing topic. It was the result of some forum regulars shitting on defenceless boat people. And i realized i could no longer associate with these people because of their personal beliefs. Now i honestly am considering removing myself from this forum.

The site has become so far from impartial its a fucking joke. Who gives a fuck what cormier thinks on testing... Theres rarely, if ever, an article taking an opposing view to the mayweathers stance.

Now i know i dont post that often, and i am certainly not one of the most popular guys on this board, so i know when i leave i know no-one is going to miss me. But i just want to say that this site has lost its impartial status. The balance has gone. I find it sickening.

This is not a cry for attention. I dont expect to see "dont go aussie" posts, because i am not that important to the site. Never was, never will be. This is purely a statement as to why i am considering leaving. I love talking about boxing, but i can't take this shit anymore. Maybe i will continue posting here, maybe i won't, i am not sure. But its really is getting to be too much for me to tolerate anymore

Wishing everyone on this forum the best of luck. If i dont come back, thanks for the memories. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/friends.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

At least stick around the MMA forums, buddy. I don't always agree with you, but you know your shit and that is always appreciated.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Sep 2 2011, 05:33 PM
Post #135

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,386

I actually like the content on the site. Where else am I going to get solid interviews from K9 Budradge, Vernon Paris, and Pawel Wolak? I like hearing from fighters like these, since many of them have belts but they'll never get to PPV status. However, they make for some captivating fights. I mean, Wolak was just in a FOTY candidate in July, K9 fought a solid fight to avenge the loss against Powell, and Paris fought in a really good fight against Tim Coleman. I'm a sucker for the juicy shit too, so I'm always on that lol. I just don't read half the Mayweather articles, and that's my choice. I'll prolly read more of it though as we get closer to his fight. Keep up the good work Ben.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Sep 2 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #136

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 23 2011, 06:06 PM) *
Exactly!

Wouldn't mind Rusty, Johnny, and Kieth coming back as well.

Eugene, my Negro!

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Sep 3 2011, 08:13 AM
Post #137

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

Im going to throw out one more criticism hype. and that is maybe you put up too many articles. for instance "pacman turns his back on pacland" and "ORTIZ SOUNDS CONFIDENT, BUT IS HE UNDERESTIMATING MAYWEATHER?" are nothing more than an average message board post of a fan ranting. Is that the quality that should be on the front page?

I hope you take my criticism as possibly constructive. because obv Im here and check in at least once a day so there is plenty that I like about the site.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Sep 3 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #138

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 1 2011, 09:46 AM) *
Sounds like a lot if picking n choosing going on here. Maybe FH appears to have a Mayweather bias because every other boxing site just trashes him. Hmmm....

I don't really see the problem with the new members; the trolls are FAR less than the other forums I've seen and the ones that have stuck around have made things, at the very least, more entertaining. We're starting to look like some elitist pricks if you ask me.

I don't think it's elitist. Those of us who have been here for the past few years had a good thing going and it kinda sucked to have that taken away, or compromised or whatever. I don't think anyone here has anything against new members. If you think back a few years ago we had Marv, King, and Blaze all show up around the same time. These guys were all kinda new and eager and they got a little bit of shit for it initially, but they all stuck around and eventually became key members of the community (for as long as they did stick around at least). Same thing a couple of years ago when Ollie and Keith showed up.

The difference this time is that there were SO many new guys who all showed up at once - they suddenly outnumbered the regulars. And with the exception of one or two, they all pretty much seemed to have the same agenda, which was to flood the front page with thread after thread singing the praises of Floyd Mayweather. 'Floyd's the GOAT', 'Haters keep hating while Money keep cashin checks.' There were no legitimate discussions anymore it seemed, no real debates. It was just nuthug-nuthug-hate...nuthug-nuthug-hate...rinse-wash-repeat. I've never gone to other message boards but from the way people have described them, ours was starting to become a carbon copy. Now - this seemed to have died down - and the past few days it seems like the board has gotten closer to its previous level of quality. That's a good thing, but it would be a shame if we permanently lost some of the guys who really helped make this place what it was. Guys like JD and CEO. Now, CEO told me he would be back, though to what extent he wasn't sure.

Also, Snoop, I don't think you can really say with a straight face that Fighthype is not right now a Pro-Mayweather site. Yeah, sure, perhaps that's exacerbated by the fact that so many other sites hate him, but...come on man. This site is rolling with Floyd. With that said, I don't think you or FH are necessarily anti-Manny Pac. Funny how people feel like to be one you automatically have to be the other. I mean, that hideous disgrace of a rotting canoe you built last year notwithstanding, I've never found your work to have any personal bias to it whatsoever. I think fighthype is pretty down the middle with regards to Pacquiao, and reporting on his business dealings when, like Hype said, they might help explain his professional motives to some degree, IS newsworthy. And if Ben is cool with Floyd and wants to give him props on his site, that's his choice to do so. Mayweather seems like the kind of cat that doesn't want to hear anything negative about himself, so I get that in order to have the kind of access Hype had - which really was pretty incredible and I'm sure was a financial boom for the site - you can't really come down too hard on the guy for anything. And again, there are plenty of other sites that do that. It's not like if you want to read something bad about Floyd Mayweather you have to hunt high and low to do it. I really have no issues with the content of the front page at all.

But the message board was my bread and butter here, always has been and always will be so long as I'm around. And there is simply no doubt that the quality there took a major hit for a while. Hopefully that time passed and we're back to being the best and some of the old guys take a peek again and see that for themselves and decide to return. But Snoop, my man, go back and read some of the stuff in the archives from 2008-2010. CEO used to call some of those threads PPV quality, and he was exactly right.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Sep 3 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #139

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

I still like the board, even with the sudden influx of some huggers. But that's the fun of a discussion board, people get to voice their opinion, whether it's dumb or not, and at the end maybe they learn something from the shellacking that they get.

Yeah some of the repeat threads involving Mayweather-Pacquia-Ortiz are annoying, but that's why I don't click on them.

I really don't think the discussion board is deteriorating.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Sep 6 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #140

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Nice post Slim, but I'm with Mustard on this one. I guess I've always been of the thinking, "If you don't like what's on the screen, change the channel." Don't get me wrong, the old days were fucking great; full of rivalries for the ages and knowledgeable, well-spoken posters. I wasn't as active during those days, so perhaps part of that has to do with my opinion as well. But what I'm trying to say is that we still have a pretty strong community here. Yeah we're losing some key posters, but we're also getting some decent ones too. I guess just don't let a few idiots ruin the board for us. It's really in our control.

In terms of the site being "Pro-Mayweather", I mean I can definitely see why people might think that way, but considering how Mayweather is with the media, it's pretty impossible for him to speak on the "hard questions." He'd more than likely just tell em to fuck off. From what I've seen, Hype just let's him speak, and barring some of the self-appraisal BS Mayweather does at times, I thought the whole "Evenings with Mayweather" series was excellent. I suppose something is better than nothing, no?

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 01:02 PM