IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 14 15 16  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where is the old guard?, What the fuck has happened?
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 10 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #151

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 10 2011, 03:41 PM) *
Obviously you read those articles, so you tell me.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Not for nothing, but pretty much ALL ARTICLES are simply rantings of a writer, which could probably be on a message board. I mean, where the hell do you think guys like Gabe Montoya, Coyote Duran, Cliff Rold, etc. got their start? They were all simply message board posters at one point. That's not to say that those articles compare to any of their articles...but hey...trust me...they're DEFINITELY getting read and I haven't been receiving any complaints about those writers.

If you don't want to read it...just don't click it.

You know, it's funny, but at one point, I was told that we have too many interviews and not enough articles. Now I'm being told we have too many articles.

For the record though, I prefer interviews.

Both the interviews and articles are good. I do think the site is pro-Mayweather, you've certainly made your own personal POV on the testing issue (Manny should test) clear. However I do think it is also a question of access. Right now you're getting unbelievable access to Mayweather and you'd be nuts not to use that.

If you had more access to Pac I'm sure we would see that too. You clearly have some great sources in his camp too, they just don't (at least appear to) talk as often as Floyd.

When I first came here in '08 it was because I felt FH had the best message board in the sport. The knowledge, insight and humour were unique but the front page wasn't as strong as it is now. In the last 12 months what has been posted n the front page has been fantastic and now easily the best in boxing. It is referenced by many 'big name' sites. However the quality of posting on the boards has declined. Go figure.

It's like FH was the best kept secret in boxing but now the masses have discovered it so have the monkeys, haha, which is a fitting place to end this post because that's how I stumbled on FH, the Monkey thread. Still p4p the greatest thread in boxing.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Sep 10 2011, 12:38 AM
Post #152

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 10 2011, 01:12 AM) *
Both the interviews and articles are good. I do think the site is pro-Mayweather, you've certainly made your own personal POV on the testing issue (Manny should test) clear. However I do think it is also a question of access. Right now you're getting unbelievable access to Mayweather and you'd be nuts not to use that.

If you had more access to Pac I'm sure we would see that too. You clearly have some great sources in his camp too, they just don't (at least appear to) talk as often as Floyd.

When I first came here in '08 it was because I felt FH had the best message board in the sport. The knowledge, insight and humour were unique but the front page wasn't as strong as it is now. In the last 12 months what has been posted n the front page has been fantastic and now easily the best in boxing. It is referenced by many 'big name' sites. However the quality of posting on the boards has declined. Go figure.

It's like FH was the best kept secret in boxing but now the masses have discovered it so have the monkeys, haha, which is a fitting place to end this post because that's how I stumbled on FH, the Monkey thread. Still p4p the greatest thread in boxing.

Well thanks...I think...but again, it's not about being pro-Mayweather and/or anti-Pacquiao...we're simply pro-fighter, period! I mean, I think we've had James Toney on the site more than Floyd...or Shane Mosley on the site more than Floyd...and yet, instead of labeling us "ToneyHype.com" or "MosleyHype.com", it all comes back to Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao. I just don't get that. I mean, there's PLENTY of pro-Pacquiao crap on the site. Alex Ariza interviews...other fighters and/or trainers singing his praises...articles written about him winning an ESPY, cleaning house, or whatever...and yet, there's never a mention of us being "pro-Pacquiao". It's always Floyd, Floyd, FLOYD! The funny thing is, there's also been plenty of articles talking about Floyd's negative exploits in the past, and yet, nobody ever mentions any of that. People just see him doing a few interviews on the site now, so all of a sudden, we're "pro-Mayweather" or "FloydHype.com". In my opinion, that's a pretty lame summation of everything that we do here. Where's the talk about the positive stuff we put up regarding Andre Ward? Why not label us "WardHype.com"? Why not? Because nobody hates Andre Ward like they hate Floyd. Simple as that. That's the ONLY reason why people focus so much on Floyd, Floyd, FLOYD! It's simply because they hate him, and because we give him a platform to say what he wants to say, naturally, they hate us too. But hey...whatever...like I always say...I'd much rather be known as "FloydHype.com" than "DonaireHype.com".

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 10 2011, 01:25 AM
Post #153

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 10 2011, 05:38 PM) *
Well thanks...I think...but again, it's not about being pro-Mayweather and/or anti-Pacquiao...we're simply pro-fighter, period! I mean, I think we've had James Toney on the site more than Floyd...or Shane Mosley on the site more than Floyd...and yet, instead of labeling us "ToneyHype.com" or "MosleyHype.com", it all comes back to Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao. I just don't get that. I mean, there's PLENTY of pro-Pacquiao crap on the site. Alex Ariza interviews...other fighters and/or trainers singing his praises...articles written about him winning an ESPY, cleaning house, or whatever...and yet, there's never a mention of us being "pro-Pacquiao". It's always Floyd, Floyd, FLOYD! The funny thing is, there's also been plenty of articles talking about Floyd's negative exploits in the past, and yet, nobody ever mentions any of that. People just see him doing a few interviews on the site now, so all of a sudden, we're "pro-Mayweather" or "FloydHype.com". In my opinion, that's a pretty lame summation of everything that we do here. Where's the talk about the positive stuff we put up regarding Andre Ward? Why not label us "WardHype.com"? Why not? Because nobody hates Andre Ward like they hate Floyd. Simple as that. That's the ONLY reason why people focus so much on Floyd, Floyd, FLOYD! It's simply because they hate him, and because we give him a platform to say what he wants to say, naturally, they hate us too. But hey...whatever...like I always say...I'd much rather be known as "FloydHype.com" than "DonaireHype.com".

Yes it is a compliment and a sincere one. As for the Floyd stance there appear to be 2distinct camps. You either believe Manny should take the tests and make the fight or he should tell Floyd to go take a jump and not back down from his stance. You believe the onus is on Manny I guess that's where the view that the site is 'pro Mayweather' orginates from. But you're right it probably is an extreme POV, but Manny and Floyd do seem to generate extreme reactions in their fans (and critics.)

I do like the Alex Ariza interviews, that dude doesn't seem to have an edit button his mouth (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 10 2011, 03:52 AM
Post #154

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 10 2011, 01:22 AM) *
Nah I figued it was towards the ban worthy catagory.

It was, but to be fair, its not often I sit alone in the house in front of ny laptop and actually burst out laughing. I did then.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 10 2011, 05:22 AM
Post #155

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 10 2011, 06:52 PM) *
It was, but to be fair, its not often I sit alone in the house in front of ny laptop and actually burst out laughing. I did then.

Nothing was meant by it but it was not cool although I did find it funny myself.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Sep 12 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #156

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 10 2011, 04:52 AM) *

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 10 2011, 06:22 AM) *
Nothing was meant by it but it was not cool although I did find it funny myself.

Well, now come on...at least PM the joke so those of us with a proper sense of humor can enjoy it too.

QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 10 2011, 01:38 AM) *

It's not the content on the site that make people think that you're pro-mayweather...it's the commentary.

MSNBC and Fox News report on the same stories. The content is exactly the same across all of their platforms...yet, there is a distinct difference in the dialogue. The viewers aren't stupid. They know what's up, and what the reporter thinks based on the commentary.

Those of us that have been around a while know what's up Hype...just stop insulting us by denying it. We don't care. We're still here. We don't have to agree to have conversations. In fact, the threads are probably better when people disagree.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 14 15 16
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:29 PM