IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where is the old guard?, What the fuck has happened?
thehype
post Aug 18 2011, 07:09 PM
Post #21

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

You know, I seem to remember some private forum that was created for the "old guard" to continue to have their "more intelligent" conversations in a separate location....ironically, those guys never seemed to post in it, preferring instead to bring the conversation back out here.

Go figure.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 18 2011, 07:16 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

I've been skimming this forum for a while but didn't decide to start posting until my join date... I only post on this board because there's more than just two sides of fans... most other boxing forums are just pactards vs floydiots. I personally don't mind the two-fighters (May-Pac) talk, I think it's entertaining a lot of the time, because the way I see it, if you're the biggest names in the sport (currently), of course you're going to be talked about the most... And it seems like a lot of the "old guard" can't stand it... it's best to just take King's advice.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 18 2011, 07:25 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

I dont have much experience, or interest in other forums, I dabbbled with boxingscene for about twenty minutes once, its shit. But anyway, my point is, I think its more about the sense of community this place has, or had. When I joined I did so because I was reading a round by round hype was doing while at work and quickly realised I liked it here. There was a strong sense of community and a certain level of self-policing. Everyone got on and anyone who got out of line was punished by the members, a lot of times before the mods even had a chance.

For me thats what has been diluted recently and probably what has driven some guys away. I'm not saying new blood is bad, far from it. What I think is bad is what has been described a million times over before, the influx of people who have no desire for discussion, debate, or anything else apart from praising Floyd Mayweather and taking issue with anyone who doesnt recognise him as god.

And before hype or anyone else tells me just to ignore those whose posts I dont like, remember, I'm still here, and will continue to be as long as I still enjoy it here. I hope most of the guys iv grown to like in the last few years stay too, and keep on calling spades spades

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 18 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 18 2011, 08:09 PM) *
You know, I seem to remember some private forum that was created for the "old guard" to continue to have their "more intelligent" conversations in a separate location....ironically, those guys never seemed to post in it, preferring instead to bring the conversation back out here.

Go figure.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

I was proudly a member of Team FightHype but to be honest as you say most of the time the conversations were out on the main forum because there didn't seem to be a need to keep them private. I suspect if that forum was ressurected it would be getting a lot more use today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Can I at least have the little red Team FightHype letters back under my name? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by The Ollie Reed Fan Club: Aug 18 2011, 07:33 PM

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Aug 18 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #25

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 18 2011, 08:33 PM) *
I was proudly a member of Team FightHype but to be honest as you say most of the time the conversations were out on the main forum because there didn't seem to be a need to keep them private. I suspect if that forum was ressurected it would be getting a lot more use today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Can I at least have the little red Team FightHype letters back under my name? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+1

Bring back Team FightHype. Institute a rule that prohibits a MENTION of Mayweather or Pacquiao, when they don't have a fight currently scheduled, that involves steroids, one of them being "afraid" of the other, or Mayweather/Pacquiao being the greatest fighter to ever put on gloves. If this rule is broken, a poll will be posted asking if said poster should be banned and/or pistol whipped.

Every damn topic turns into the exact same thing over and over. Threads about the next Klitschko fight SOMEHOW turn into a Mayweather and/or Pacquiao thread. As King Eugene said, you find yourself looking for one of the old guard and just talking to them so you don't completely lose your God blessed mind.

+Quote Post
Hops
post Aug 18 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #26

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

Make that private forum semi-private. New timers won't be able to post but they would be able to see what are posted.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Aug 18 2011, 08:05 PM
Post #27

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 18 2011, 08:59 PM) *
Make that private forum semi-private. New timers won't be able to post but they would be able to see what are posted.

I like that idea too.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 18 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 18 2011, 08:59 PM) *

I'm not so sure, I mean how I am I supposed to discuss you behind your back? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Nah that seems an OK idea.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Aug 18 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #29

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

I've been around and continue to check in and chime in with something here and there but for the most part this is being done out of habit now more than anything else. Like King said, I often skim a thread and don't even read what most of the new posters are saying. Sometimes I'll go through 2-3 pages and not see a single poster I know. It's sad. Sometimes I feel like I want to post something, and then just can't be bothered.

From what I've gathered, there HAS been a change in the way the board is run now which has unsettled more than a few old timers, and it's Hype's board and he can do what he wants, but the place has kinda become no holds barred with every single conversation coming down to the same thing, the same guys, the same kind of comments, the same shit.

JD is gone. CEO is gone indefinitely and may or may not be back. Spyder is gone except for a little comical trolling here and there. As far as I can tell Snoop, Lightsout and DMarv are gone too. I'm sure there are other guys I'm not thinking of as well. Salvador? Mustard? I'm not counting guys like Blaze and Keith cause they were gone before this invasion of the trolls started. My guess is most still check in occasionally but for the most part find the content uninspiring.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Bring Back Team Fighthype sentiment. I know I'd be there.

+Quote Post
Hops
post Aug 18 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #30

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

Maybe I'm wrong. But I think the old guards post quality stuff... A LOT! Perhaps even the old trolls livened up these boards with their comedic values.

Now, the influx of Floydiots made the old guards disappear. That even though you have a lot of new posts coming from new timers, you also have less posts from the old timers. Almost the same amount of traffic. Low quality threads. I can't even smile at some posts the way I used to when I first came here.

Problem with the Floydiots is that they don't fuckin' have their own website. Maybe, we can make FightHype their own.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:04 PM