IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where is Boxing Going?, Will the new stars be crowned by default or by way of hard work?
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2011, 02:37 PM
Post #51

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 25 2011, 11:13 PM) *
HBO has wasted money on fights and fighters. Berto has never been a draw and he got paid way too much to fight cats outside the top 10. HBO ended up spending about 5 mil on Bradley and Alexander for them to fight and they honestly haven't had much of a return on it, they both got way too good of deals. Showtime consistently puts on a better show with a smaller budget, HBO eats up it's budget doing deals for people. they need to tell Haymon and everyone else to kick rocks, if fighters want HBO money and exposure they need to start delivering something.

looks like someone reads the top rank shills' articles. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2011, 02:37 PM
Post #52

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 25 2011, 11:25 PM) *
I don't mind HBO blowing money.

The competition will sort this out.

i agree.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #53

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 26 2011, 10:53 AM) *
it's sad how small boxing has become outside of the big two. nary a fight worth caring about, and nary a fight at all. aside from the meaningless friday night fight shows, and some B/C level prospects like Rios and Gamboa that I don't yet give a shit about, and some old farts like Hopkins, there is nothing worth getting excited about in boxing. And none of it is worth getting TOO excited about regardless. I'll tell you where this sport is going... it's going outside of America's borders, where people still care about their homegrown fighters. This is an MMA country.

(IMG:http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/mmahomoerotic.jpg)

wtf!? u can't be serious.

floyd/ortiz
morales/matthysse
canelo/gomez
pac/jmm3
margarito/cotto2
ward/kessler
dawson/ward
adamek/klitschko
agbeko/mares2
gamboa/ponce deleon

these are all fights i'm looking forward to before the end of the year that i can think of off the top of my head. i couldn't tell u a single mma fight on the horizon that i'm looking forward to because i am not a fan of that sport.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 26 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #54

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2011, 02:35 PM) *
ur going to have to be more specific on the hbo fights. sure, some fights have not been the best....but i don't think anyone fighting on the network is overpaid by any means.

Chad Dawson getting paid a butt load of money for a recycled Showtime fight against Tarver. Chad Dawson then fighting Glen Johnson again for 1+ million, another recycled Showtime fight. Amir Kahn gettin over a million each fight against opponents like Paulie, McClosky, and Judah. Those fights aren't worth a million imo. Maidana he deserved to get paid against. Berto against pretty much every opponent he fought. The list goes on, the last two years have been dry as fuck for HBO

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 26 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #55

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 26 2011, 09:53 AM) *
it's sad how small boxing has become outside of the big two. nary a fight worth caring about, and nary a fight at all. aside from the meaningless friday night fight shows, and some B/C level prospects like Rios and Gamboa that I don't yet give a shit about, and some old farts like Hopkins, there is nothing worth getting excited about in boxing. And none of it is worth getting TOO excited about regardless. I'll tell you where this sport is going... it's going outside of America's borders, where people still care about their homegrown fighters. This is an MMA country.

(IMG:http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/mmahomoerotic.jpg)

you're fucking retarded if you think Gamboa is a B level prospect, he's a 2 division wold champion and a gold medalist, any respect i had for you as a poster has went with this post. America has had all of the highest revenue fights, fight capital of the world remains in Vegas. Ur boy Joey C came here to get paid, just like every other fighter that wants to make. Anyone who wants to make real money comes to this country and don't get all up on me about being a yankee because I'm first generation American on one side(4th on the other side) and have 3 houses in Europe and one in Australia. I have family all over and everyone of them that has made it big came here to do real business

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 26 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #56

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2011, 03:37 PM) *
looks like someone reads the top rank shills' articles. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

somebody wants to see good fights and growth in boxing.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Aug 26 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #57

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2011, 02:33 PM) *
ward is going to school froch. anything can happen in a fight...but that is pretty much a done deal. froch brings nothing to the table that ward hasn't already shown he can deal with. the contract has been signed....they will fight.....ward will win.

i expect ward to win, but that damn froch has really raised his game the last few years... im with beardo... i cant just give it to ward just like that... even if he loses like we both think he will froch has got to be wards most stern challenge to date... no way ward walks away with an easy victory in this fight...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 26 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #58

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 26 2011, 09:00 PM) *
i expect ward to win, but that damn froch has really raised his game the last few years... im with beardo... i cant just give it to ward just like that... even if he loses like we both think he will froch has got to be wards most stern challenge to date... no way ward walks away with an easy victory in this fight...

Yeah Ward is supposed to win this fight, as they say, but I dont see it being a walk in the park for him either. If anybody, froch will be the one to test him.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:33 PM