> Ortiz's future after the fight
Cshel86
post Sep 7 2011, 08:12 AM
Post #191

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 6 2011, 09:27 PM) *
Yeah but you can hear the tumbleweed blowing around in his skull when Dawson thinks.

Hahahaha!!! I wonder what grade he dropped out of when he felt like he learned everything he needed to know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 7 2011, 08:16 AM
Post #192

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I wonder how big of a surfboard will Ortiz buy with his check after the fight...

This post has been edited by cshel86: Sep 7 2011, 08:17 AM

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Sep 7 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #193

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 7 2011, 12:15 AM) *
I'm 30 and I remember that shit. Vividly. If you are referring to 15 year olds, they're not watching boxing anyway. Really. Find me a legitimate 15 year old who gives a shit about boxing. Anecdotal evidence from your neighborhood doesn't count either, so stuff it.

The biggest upset to still be mentioned in the sporting world is -gasp! Douglas/Tyson. It is the preeminent example of the word upset. Every single time a discussion about upsets arises, that fight comes up. And it always will.

And you making a thread about Ortiz winning only proves my point. No one asked "What if?" when Tyson fought Douglas. Period. It was a foregone conclusion that Tyson would smash Buster into a shit-black stain in the middle of the ring, and use his jawbone as a toothpick.

You grow the fuck up. No one gives a shit which fighter you root for around here. I could not care less if you're a fan of Mayweather. But don't think you're going to vomit out some ignorant horseshit on these boards and not get shit on for it. Ain't gonna happen. Support your fighter, but do it rationally and with common sense.

In the meantime, you keep back-tracking on your original comment, honey. You're impressing everyone.

You just said that 15 year olds don't watch boxing but they are suppose to remember tyson and douglass that happen more than ten years ago. What I said name me an upset that people remember within the last ten years. And you came up with nothing... just like the purpose of your post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/offtopic.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)
And my neighbor isn't even close to being 15. Ironically I asked a few college kids what was the biggest sports upset and you know what they said Gasp... Green Bay beating the Falcons last year. Again upsets are generational so if he does lose it would be a major upset of this generation of sports and no one is back tracking....
How would you know what people said about Douglass and Tyson fight. One they did not have the internet back then so there could be no message boards and two you give 80s babies a bad look. So because you remember the fight and you are 30 everyone else is suppose to have the same vivid memory as you? That's a nice conclusion... baseless

This post has been edited by Allmenjoi8: Sep 7 2011, 11:58 PM

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Sep 8 2011, 02:17 AM
Post #194

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 8 2011, 12:53 AM) *
You just said that 15 year olds don't watch boxing but they are suppose to remember tyson and douglass that happen more than ten years ago. What I said name me an upset that people remember within the last ten years. And you came up with nothing... just like the purpose of your post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/offtopic.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)
And my neighbor isn't even close to being 15. Ironically I asked a few college kids what was the biggest sports upset and you know what they said Gasp... Green Bay beating the Falcons last year. Again upsets are generational so if he does lose it would be a major upset of this generation of sports and no one is back tracking....
How would you know what people said about Douglass and Tyson fight. One they did not have the internet back then so there could be no message boards and two you give 80s babies a bad look. So because you remember the fight and you are 30 everyone else is suppose to have the same vivid memory as you? That's a nice conclusion... baseless

What are you speaking here? Klingon? Get a Starfleet translator in here to decipher that wall of garbage you just posted and we'll talk. In the meantime, and as always, go fuck yourself.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 8 2011, 04:16 AM
Post #195

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 8 2011, 07:17 PM) *
What are you speaking here? Klingon? Get a Starfleet translator in here to decipher that wall of garbage you just posted and we'll talk. In the meantime, and as always, go fuck yourself.

I've decided that much like the quality of a fight can be judged on Manny Steward yelling "oh my God" so the quality of thread can only rise higher once Warlord bestows the thread with a "and as always, go fuck yourself." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Sep 8 2011, 08:44 AM
Post #196

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 8 2011, 02:17 AM) *

And that's how you know when you won an agrument, that other person has nothing to say. Klingon? You had to be at Dragon Con....

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 8 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #197

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 8 2011, 06:37 PM) *
Back then, there were probably magazines that people used to read, talk back radio, more sports coverage and last but not least, a 42-1 underdog should probably clue you in on what people said about the fight. Well it would clue most people that use common sense on the thoughts of the fight just prior to it. What's wrong with you hun?

not to mention that Tyson had just about everyone talking about him back then, him getting upset was big news back then. Mike Tyson was big news for a long time. i used to always hear people talking about his fights when i was a kid and that's the 90s Tyson, not the young Tyson whooping everybody's ass in 18 months Mike Tyson.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 8 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #198

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 8 2011, 07:33 PM) *
not to mention that Tyson had just about everyone talking about him back then, him getting upset was big news back then. Mike Tyson was big news for a long time. i used to always hear people talking about his fights when i was a kid and that's the 90s Tyson, not the young Tyson whooping everybody's ass in 18 months Mike Tyson.

Yeah Tyson was and always will be the true definition of a household name. Even younger kids nowadays knows who the hell Mike Tyson is. You would think he was part of the freakin' Elementary School curriculum...

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Sep 8 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #199

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 8 2011, 05:37 PM) *
Back then, there were probably magazines that people used to read, talk back radio, more sports coverage and last but not least, a 42-1 underdog should probably clue you in on what people said about the fight. Well it would clue most people that use common sense on the thoughts of the fight just prior to it. What's wrong with you hun?

Radio? Local news affiliates? MAGAZINES? Jesus Fitz, that was all in the fucking Dinosaur age.

Everyone knows if it ain't on the internet, it ain't true. You'd have to go back and excavate a projector and some film reel to actually get some real footage of Tyson. Magazines? Shit. I think they may have still have some those in the Louvre. If not, you're shit out of luck, unless they've been scanned in by some genius of the internet age.

Talk radio is a pipe dream and you know it. It's lost to us forever until the internet geniuses build at least a warp-1 ship capable of getting us out far enough in space to capture the sound waves those radios emitted back in the day.

I have some old radio episodes of The Shadow and Gunsmoke on my MP3 player, but they're worth billions and I'm just holding out until the right time to unleash them on buyers at auction.

What I want to know is, how did people communicate before the internet? I heard they used to sit around in rooms and actually emit audible noises to each other, just hoping it might be intelligible, similar to the way some scientists believe dolphins and whales can communicate with each other. Can you believe it? What a bunch of douches. As if humans would ever do that.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Sep 8 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #200

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 8 2011, 08:44 AM) *
And that's how you know when you won an agrument, that other person has nothing to say. Klingon? You had to be at Dragon Con....

Nothing to say? You're a fucking idiot. Mayweather loses to Ortiz = "Sports biggest upset ever" in your book. What else do I even need to say? You lost all credibility the second you opened your mouth. I was just doing the play by play.

We are the Borg. Prepare to be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. We are... scans show no intelligent life.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:16 AM