> Ortiz's future after the fight
Big Slim Sweet
post Sep 8 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #201

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 6 2011, 10:48 PM) *
I have no idea what my IQ is and really do not care. Its not stupid comment. Kids from 15-35 will not remember Tyson and Douglass. They could give a shit. They know Tyson from The Hangover. It will be a big upset as in this generation. I can't think of any upset in the last ten years that people talk about? Can you... Maybe the Tigers beating the Yankees but or Soderling beating Nadal even then that does not stick. In my opinion as ignorant it may sound to some of yawl, it would be a big big upset.

Everyone knows about Douglas and Tyson. That one's in a time capsule.

The Giants beating the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl 3 years ago was bigger than what Ortiz beating Floyd would be.

Ivanisevic winning Wimbledon as a wild card was bigger too. (and btw, he didn't beat Sampras during that run, assuming that was the "poor pete" you were referring to).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Sep 8 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #202

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 8 2011, 11:09 PM) *
Everyone knows about Douglas and Tyson. That one's in a time capsule.
Tyson said on 60 minutes that most people know him "from movies and not my fights"

The Giants beating the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl 3 years ago was bigger than what Ortiz beating Floyd would be.

Ivanisevic winning Wimbledon as a wild card was bigger too. (and btw, he didn't beat Sampras during that run, assuming that was the "poor pete" you were referring to).

............. I have that entire tournament on DVD that's all I have to say about that. and its Samprass. SMH...

I know reading for understanding is a weakness for people in general but its beyond belief for some people on this site. The Giants and that Superbowl was lost the moment New Orleans and Green Bay won. SO that is a damn lie.

Newspapers are closing down, bookstores are damn near all but gone. Social media and technical media have taken over. So no, kids do not read neither do adults (it shows for some people on this site). So when someone says to me "tyson douglas is the greatest upset ever and people remember it till this day" not so. Maybe to sports fans but the average sports watcher, it is not. Tyson is a house hold name but more for his outside the ring persona. Kids who are born in the 90s and 2000s do you really think they go back and look at that fight? Again, if ortiz wins, for this time 2011 maybe even 2012 (that's if the Browns and the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl and the Browns win)... would be considered a historical upset. You do not have to agree with me and I could careless. Its my opinion and its the only one that counts... for me anyways. If I want to say Alex Smith is a better QB than Kyle Orton its my opinion (they both stink). I can careless how you feel about my thoughts or views apparently you care a hell of about mine. If I am wrong let me be. Reading your post is like looking at people who have no rhythm dance: painful, sad, and funny.

This post has been edited by Allmenjoi8: Sep 8 2011, 11:33 PM

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 9 2011, 05:13 AM
Post #203

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 9 2011, 04:30 AM) *
............. I have that entire tournament on DVD that's all I have to say about that. and its Samprass. SMH...

I know reading for understanding is a weakness for people in general but its beyond belief for some people on this site. The Giants and that Superbowl was lost the moment New Orleans and Green Bay won. SO that is a damn lie.

Newspapers are closing down, bookstores are damn near all but gone. Social media and technical media have taken over. So no, kids do not read neither do adults (it shows for some people on this site). So when someone says to me "tyson douglas is the greatest upset ever and people remember it till this day" not so. Maybe to sports fans but the average sports watcher, it is not. Tyson is a house hold name but more for his outside the ring persona. Kids who are born in the 90s and 2000s do you really think they go back and look at that fight? Again, if ortiz wins, for this time 2011 maybe even 2012 (that's if the Browns and the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl and the Browns win)... would be considered a historical upset. You do not have to agree with me and I could careless. Its my opinion and its the only one that counts... for me anyways. If I want to say Alex Smith is a better QB than Kyle Orton its my opinion (they both stink). I can careless how you feel about my thoughts or views apparently you care a hell of about mine. If I am wrong let me be. Reading your post is like looking at people who have no rhythm dance: painful, sad, and funny.

It's Samprass?

Not according to the address (or any of the the content) of Pete's official website http://www.petesampras.com/

If you did have that entire tournament on DVD, you would indeed know exactly who Goran faced in that tournament, and so I would expect given that you claim to be right into your tennis. So for anyone who doesnt know as much about tennis as allmen, see this wiki link. You will find all you need to know about Allmens credibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Wimbledo...Men%27s_Singles

Thats all I have to say about that.

+Quote Post
Method
post Sep 9 2011, 07:54 AM
Post #204

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 2 2011, 07:58 AM) *
And what proof is there that he hit a woman and that he had issues with his security.

So far no arrest have been made until that happens, holla at me. How reliable can claims be when there is no proof.

Don't look now, but you just made a great argument for why Manny should tell Floyd to stick the test where the sun don't shine...and why Floyd's slapped w a defamation suit.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 2 2011, 07:58 AM) *
Here is what an accusation is like: I am suing gravystrain for having sex with my goat. In the past Gravytrain has been seen with goats and his close relationship with goats has raised eyebrows. No one has ever seen him abuse a goat before but his closeness to goats has everyone wondering what he does with these goats. Since my goat came up pregnant (I know a human can not reproduce with an animal) and Gravy train was last seen with my goat then he has to be the person that got my goat pregnant. I have 0 proof or evidence of this but still its Gravytrain and we know he has a thing for goats.... see how that works?

No. I don't. That was the dumbest fucking analogy I've seen since the days of Hawkins. Maybe the motherfucker just likes fresh goat's milk.

Have the lambs stopped crying, Clarice?

This post has been edited by Method: Sep 9 2011, 07:54 AM

+Quote Post
Method
post Sep 9 2011, 08:04 AM
Post #205

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 6 2011, 08:21 AM) *
...let's face it tennis gets no love...how many people follow hockey?

You are fucking high.

At first, when you botched the timeline of Tupac and all, and confused Grand Master Flash and Melle Mel, I thought it was cute. But now, after several days (weeks), it's coming to light that you are just flat ignorant - talking on things that you really don't know much about.

It's the Rule of Holes - when you find yourself in one, STOP diggin.

+Quote Post
Method
post Sep 9 2011, 08:48 AM
Post #206

QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 6 2011, 11:41 AM) *
Good post. Your right America isnt big on Tennis...

http://m.usopen.org/en_US/about/history/rec_attend.html

Fucking idiots.

This post has been edited by Method: Sep 9 2011, 10:48 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 9 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #207

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

So, is Ortiz going to take up tennis after this fight...or is he still itching to blow his check on that new surfboard with all the bells and whistles?

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Sep 9 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #208

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 8 2011, 11:30 PM) *

You...really might be the dumbest motherfucker to ever grace this site. I mean, you can't get anything right. The law of averages says you ought to occasionally be able to stumble your way into saying something truthful, but you seem to be single-handedly disproving that.

The Giants winning the Superbowl was lost the moment New Orleans and Green Bay won? What the fuck does that even mean? Are you saying no one remembers anything past the last thing that flies in front of their face? OK, so in that case Ortiz beating Mayweather would be the biggest boxing upset ever. Until Dawson beats Hopkins, or Froch beats Ward, or whenever the next time an underdog pulls out a victory occurs. Then that will be the biggest upset ever. And on and on.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 9 2011, 05:13 AM) *
It's Samprass?

Not according to the address (or any of the the content) of Pete's official website http://www.petesampras.com/

If you did have that entire tournament on DVD, you would indeed know exactly who Goran faced in that tournament, and so I would expect given that you claim to be right into your tennis. So for anyone who doesnt know as much about tennis as allmen, see this wiki link. You will find all you need to know about Allmens credibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Wimbledo...Men%27s_Singles

Thats all I have to say about that.

Game. Set. Match.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Sep 9 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #209

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Y'all overreacting.

Mayweather vs Ortiz would be a big upset, but then it wouldn't be that big, because too many people are dying to see Mayweather lose. It would actually be more like a sign of relief so "Gayweather" can go away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
I think Pacquiao losing at this stage in his career would be a much bigger upset. Tyson-Douglas is one of the most biggest upsets in Boxing History, but not thee biggest upset in Sports. I think people generally overrate Tyson.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 9 2011, 04:31 PM
Post #210

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

wow.. I go away for a week and Allmenjoi is public enemy #1. This shit is hilarious. Post you picture up here babe, i wanna see if you look as pretty as you sound. haha

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:05 PM