Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Openly Gay Boxer
Xception2ThRule
post Aug 23 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #11

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,773

Derrick Rose is gay. So is Sergio Martinez.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 23 2011, 01:53 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

As long as he sells more tickets and puts up a better fight than some of these tittie-baby, skirt-wearing, tough-talkin', no-ticket-selling, excuse-using, prima donnas that we have the unfortunate opportunity of watching nowadays, then I could care less about their sexual orientation. As far marketability is concerned, they may want to keep it under wraps if they have already established a strong following...we know how fickle fans can be at times. Sports period, has this unwritten rule for athletes to exhibit masculinity as much as possible, so Im sure the world isn't ready to accept openly gay athletes...just yet.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 23 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Aug 23 2011, 12:54 PM) *
Derrick Rose is gay. So is Sergio Martinez.

No! Derrick Rose is gay!!!!!!!! No! So much for number 5 on my list of things to do before I die. Oh well.

Method: Nice crack, I knew we could not get through a thread without mentioning FMJ. Oh well, but that was funny. Chavez Jr. should come out

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Aug 23 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #14

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 23 2011, 11:27 AM) *
This was the first thing that came to mind when the topic was brought up, unfortunately his quote has a lot of truth to it. I don't hate gay people but it's something I'd rather not have to know. I can understand wanting to be accepted but homosexuality puts me off(I'm sure others feel the same as i do) and career-wise i think it would be a terrible move. We have come a long way in civil rights in this country but i'm not sure we have come far enough to be 100% accepting/pro-gay sports figure. just my two cents

I don't hate black people but it's something I'd rather not have to know. I can understand wanting to be accepted but blacks put me off(I'm sure others feel the same as i do) and career-wise i think it would be a terrible move. We have come a long way in civil rights in this country but i'm not sure we have come far enough to be 100% accepting/pro-black sports figure. just my two cents

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Aug 23 2011, 11:59 AM) *
I don't think it would hurt a fighter's marketability at all. On the contrary, if the fighter was a legit champ and out and charismatic he might be considered a hero to the gay community. I don't think other boxers would refuse to fight him. There might be some serious trash talk - think where guys could go with the whole blood test controversy and AIDS - but a fighter could still have a good career and make a lot of money IMO.

Boxing isn't like football where you won't be able to find teammates to share a locker room.

Interesting quote on that page from Emile about killing a man and loving a man.

If a fighter was fully out and open, the trash talk wouldn't bother him.

Opponent - "I'm scared you might want to fuck me more than fight me."
Gay Fighter - "Naw, I'll kick your ass before I fuck you in the ass. Prison style." ...grin, wink

Seriously, picture someone trying to trash talk you fucking chicks...

"That Big Slim Sweet likes to bang chicks all night. He eats their pussy out, then he lets them suck his dick. All he does is pound vagina!"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Are you even a little bit bothered by that?

This post has been edited by Spyder: Aug 23 2011, 06:12 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 23 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #15

Guests

A gay fighter wouldn't bother me the slightest, and I think you would be able to use it to psyche opponents out as well. I think it would be more difficult in a team environment.
I never understood why fags freak people out. I can understand someone not agreeing with what they do, just don't understand how they freak people out or make anyone feel uncomfortable.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Aug 23 2011, 06:16 PM
Post #16

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

I dont think it would hurt the sport at all. Hell if anything you'd see more pride and egos shown because of it. Who wants to be the guy that got whipped by a fag? Especially if he did a lot of trash talking before it.

If they gay boxer puts in work in the gym, and give it his all in the ring, then who cares what his sexual preference is. At the end of the day he's in there trying to hurt you, the last thing you'll be thinking about in that ring is "I just got hit by a punk." You'll have the same mentality you'd have for any other fight...whip this fool!

After the fight only glove taps to congratulate, no hugs or close face to face convo talking about how tough you think I am. Picture Hopkins being gay and doing what he did to Pavlik. You think he ruined Pavlik then, hell if he was a fag and did all that at the end Pavlik probably would have retired. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 23 2011, 06:45 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 23 2011, 05:51 PM) *
I don't hate black people but it's something I'd rather not have to know. I can understand wanting to be accepted but blacks put me off(I'm sure others feel the same as i do) and career-wise i think it would be a terrible move. We have come a long way in civil rights in this country but i'm not sure we have come far enough to be 100% accepting/pro-black sports figure. just my two cents

Haha, nice point.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 23 2011, 06:47 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 23 2011, 05:56 PM) *
A gay fighter wouldn't bother me the slightest, and I think you would be able to use it to psyche opponents out as well. I think it would be more difficult in a team environment.
I never understood why fags freak people out. I can understand someone not agreeing with what they do, just don't understand how they freak people out or make anyone feel uncomfortable.

Maybe you need to post up a link of openly gay League nut job Ian Roberts' greatest hits. Maybe they could openly debate the matter with Ian. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 23 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

i think if someone like Tyson was gay it would have been really intimidating. especially if he's flamboyant.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 23 2011, 09:48 PM
Post #20

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 23 2011, 06:51 PM) *

Are you really comparing gays to blacks? because i wasn't. Civil rights doesn't just mean black buddy. I have no interest in gay people or their lifestyle, nor do i have any interest big slims sex life or yours or any fighters. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with fighting. Does a straight fighter have to talk about being straight? i could care less about a boxers personal life, i wanna see them fight.

I don't care if tyson raped that girl or floyd beat josie or if DLH dressed up in fishnets and sang into a dildo. They can pay for their sins like everybody else in life. I only care about what they do in the ring. I've never met a gay person i liked but have never sought out a friendship with a homosexual. they don't seem to be my kind of people, but i have nothing against them. If two guys are fighting and one is gay and one is straight i doubt i'd be able to tell the difference unless they explicitly stated it, which i dont understand why that would be relevant in a boxing match.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:02 PM