IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Preview and Discussion of Mayweather-Ortiz Undercard, Updated: Cano-Morales Now Main Undercard! (According to Fightnews)
Jack 1000
post Aug 25 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

A pretty good card considering the crap we have been getting. Easy to call the winners I think. However, the losers might do a little better than expected.

Vargas vs. Lopez: Vargas by decision. Lopez may have his moments, but if rounds are close, the "O' record of Vargas will be taken into consideration by the judges.

Morales vs. Matthysse: Morales by Split and perhaps controversial decision. Lucas just can't get a break, and with the WBC bending over backwards to get Erik another title, I think Matthysee almost needs a KO to win. I think the best thing that Matthysse gets out of this fight on the cards is a draw. (And in reality, Lucas should have won by about 9-3.) Another negative is that in his fighting style, sometimes he is not busy enough.

Alvarez vs. Gomez: Mismatch and beat down Alvarez TKO 7

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 25 2011, 02:39 PM
Post #2

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 25 2011, 03:33 PM) *
A pretty good card considering the crap we have been getting. Easy to call the winners I think. However, the losers might do a little better than expected.

Vargas vs. Lopez: Vargas by decision. Lopez may have his moments, but if rounds are close, the "O' record of Vargas will be taken into consideration by the judges.

Morales vs. Matthysse: Morales by Split and perhaps controversial decision. Lucas just can't get a break, and with the WBC bending over backwards to get Erik another title, I think Matthysee almost needs a KO to win. I think the best thing that Matthysse gets out of this fight on the cards is a draw. (And in reality, Lucas should have won by about 9-3.) Another negative is that in his fighting style, sometimes he is not busy enough.

Alvarez vs. Gomez: Mismatch and beat down Alvarez TKO 7

Jack

I like Vargas by KO, the kid is talented and has real power. I think he gives Lopez opportunities but catches him.

Mathyesse by KO rd 6, too much for Morales at this stage. Does it with body work

Alvarez by savage beating in 10rds

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 25 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Dont know much about Vargas, but il stick my neck out and say that both Matthyse and Alvarez will win by KO

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 25 2011, 06:52 PM
Post #4

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

i just hope all the favorites lose by devastating first round knockout. since matthyse and morales is a toss up, i hope they knock each other out in an exchange and both get a loss.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 25 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 25 2011, 10:40 PM) *
Its that time of month, eh?

Vargas UD

Matthysse TKO 8

Alvarez UD

do you think matthyse is better than maidana?

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 26 2011, 04:10 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 26 2011, 02:40 PM) *
Its that time of month, eh?

Vargas UD

Matthysse TKO 8

Alvarez UD

I like these except I might swap Alvarez for the KO and Matthysse for the UD.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 26 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Vargas by close decision or late stoppage: Josesito throws decent combinations and he's also an exceptional body puncher. Though these are factors in the fight, Im sure Mayweather wouldn't put Vargas in there with somebody that he couldn't run all over, especially on a big PPV card like this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

Matthysse by 8th round TKO or Morales by close decision: This fight is still a toss-up, depending upon the pace. If Morales boxes all night (which is not likely to happen ALL night), then his exchanges with Matthysse will be limited. If he chooses to brawl all night, then it may be a short night. Matthysse always starts slow against boxers or quick opponents, so there's always that possibility of him losing those first 4-5 rounds, inflict damage in the middle rounds, and leaving the last two rounds in the air for anybody to grab...thats how he always loses. Since this is somewhat of a last minute opponent for Morales, Im sure he is going to play it smart, since Khan and a rematch with Maidana was already in his Hello Kitty planner.

Alvarez (stoppage or UD) or Gomez by TKO: Alvarez is supposed to win this fight according to what the boxing world says, but that isn't necessarily the gospel either. Like I said in another thread pertaining to this bout, Gomez and the rest of us know that this is his last shot at the big stage...at least for another long while. At this point, he has nothing to lose and Im sure that he will go for broke to make a statement. He knows what a beatdown feels like, but Alvarez doesn't. All it takes is one punch to change the trajectory of this fight.

Mayweather by UD: If all else fails, Mayweather will make sure this fight ends in a UD. For some reason, I believe he's gonna try to stop Ortiz, or maybe he's implying a stoppage for promotional purposes. Ortiz has the first 3 or 4 rounds to fuck the night up for Mayweather, if not, Ortiz will be up against faints and straight rights all night.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 26 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #8

i don't know vargas, so i can't say

Mathysse by UD

Alvarez by KO

and after seeing Ortiz-Berto again, I say Mayweather possibly by KO.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 26 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 26 2011, 02:56 PM) *
i don't know vargas, so i can't say

Mathysse by UD

Alvarez by KO

and after seeing Ortiz-Berto again, I say Mayweather possibly by KO.

Did you see my post earlier? Let's not forget how Matthysse screws himself. He isn't busy enough in those first 4-5 rounds, then he puts in work in the middle rounds, only to leave the last couple of rounds in the air for anybody to walk away with. This bout is being sanctioned by the WBC (who happens to show Mexican fighters favortism), and the well-known Mexican fighter is supposed to win on Mexican Independence weekend. Matthysse by TKO, or another robbery is progress as we speak.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 26 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #10

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 26 2011, 08:41 PM) *
Did you see my post earlier? Let's not forget how Matthysse screws himself. He isn't busy enough in those first 4-5 rounds, then he puts in work in the middle rounds, only to leave the last couple of rounds in the air for anybody to walk away with. This bout is being sanctioned by the WBC (who happens to show Mexican fighters favoritism), and the well-known Mexican fighter is supposed to win on Mexican Independence weekend. Matthysse by TKO, or another robbery is progress as we speak.

+1

And really surprised that others don't see it this way:

1.) Mexican Independence Day

2.) A Golden Boy Promotion that makes big $$$ off of the Mexican/Hispanic Community

3.) The WBC going out of their way in catering to Morales by giving him this shot in the first place. Yes, this is better Barrios, but the writing's on the wall,

4.) Lucus not busy enough and shooting himself in the foot by fighting that way.

5.) This has Dalby Shirley and Gale Van Hoy type judging written all over it. The third judge will probably be fair. But all you need is the majority going a certain way. UNLESS with the recent terrible decisions in recent fights and the stench of Russell Mora's officiating in Mares-Agbeko, you might think that the scales might bend somewhat towards justice. Just not enough. Issues 1-3 overpower all else.

Jack

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:37 AM