IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Preview and Discussion of Mayweather-Ortiz Undercard, Updated: Cano-Morales Now Main Undercard! (According to Fightnews)
gravytrain
post Aug 27 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 27 2011, 01:53 AM) *
LOL!!! RUSSELL MORA WORKING THE MORALES-MATHYSSEE FIGHT! LOL!

Warning number 1: "Erik, come on now, you gotta stop hitting him low like that."

Waning number 20: "Come on now Erik, get them up now."

Warning number 50: "Now, look Erik, I don't wanna take a point away!"

Lucus hits Erik low in retaliation: "Ok, that's one point off here." Keep em up."

Lucus spins Erik into the ropes: "Ok, you can't spin him like that, another point off."

Frustrated, Lucus pushes Erik into Mora. "Ok, that's it, a DQ" You can't push him like that.!"

Lucas screams "WTF!!!? I'm done with this boxing shit!!!"

Mora: "Hey, I warned you three times, I enforce the rules!"

LOL!

Jack

Schaefer "Mora did a fantastic job"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 8 2011, 07:20 PM
Post #22

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Some bad news (according to Fightnews)

Lucas Matthysse has been forced to pull out of his fight with Erik Morales due to a viral infection. Story here:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/morales-ma...cancelled-94787

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 8 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 8 2011, 08:20 PM) *
Some bad news (according to Fightnews)

Lucas Matthysse has been forced to pull out of his fight with Erik Morales due to a viral infection. Story here:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/morales-ma...cancelled-94787

Jack

Man fuck boxing! This is the second fuck-up in under a month's time frame. Im through with Matthysse any damn way, to be honest. Damn I hope Maidana steps in and takes the fight. He is scheduled to fight some guy in Argentina on Sept. 16th, so hopefully they can make this rematch happen. Golden Boy needs to call Maidana and get his to The States asap, to avoid that jet lag and so forth. If not, then we will be forced to watch some bum end up taking the fight on short notice and get wiped put

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 8 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #24

The Consultant

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 8 2011, 07:32 PM) *
Man fuck boxing! This is the second fuck-up in under a month's time frame. Im through with Matthysse any damn way, to be honest. Damn I hope Maidana steps in and takes the fight. He is scheduled to fight some guy in Argentina on Sept. 16th, so hopefully they can make this rematch happen. Golden Boy needs to call Maidana and get his to The States asap, to avoid that jet lag and so forth. If not, then we will be forced to watch some bum end up taking the fight on short notice and get wiped put

Exactly!

Hey Maidana wanna step in? GBP let's work this out to save this undercard!

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 8 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 8 2011, 09:09 PM) *
Exactly!

Hey Maidana wanna step in? GBP let's work this out to save this undercard!

Jack

Tell me about it! This undercard was really worth the wait and the money, and all of a sudden Matthysse gets "sick". I was actually looking forward to this fight more than the main event. This should've happened about two or three weeks ago, so the replacement could've had some time to prepare, instead of taking the fight on a 9 days notice. There is no other last-minute opponent I would rather see in there, other than Maidana. He's already trained up and ready to scrap, so his opponent in Argentina can take a seat and watch him fight somebody that the people know. Besides, how else would we ever see that fight in Argentina?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 9 2011, 01:13 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

That would probably be better than the mathysse morales fight.. I hope they make it happen. Cause even if morales wins he already was quoted saying he wouldn't unify the belts with Khan. But if maidana wins we get maidana Khan 2. So it would set up 2 rematches of very close exciting fights.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 9 2011, 03:05 AM
Post #27

The Consultant

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 9 2011, 01:13 AM) *
That would probably be better than the mathysse morales fight.. I hope they make it happen. Cause even if morales wins he already was quoted saying he wouldn't unify the belts with Khan. But if maidana wins we get maidana Khan 2. So it would set up 2 rematches of very close exciting fights.

GBP would have to move fast with money and promoting. It would be great if we could get something say, Monday night. Oscar and Richard, make it happen!!!!

Jack

PS. And yea, I thought Maidana squeaked out a decision against Khan in such a great fight! I would LOVE to see both these fights again!!!!

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Sep 9 2011, 01:44 PM
Post #28

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

Maidana apparently already was offered the fight and turned it down to stay in Argentina.

I believe Matthysse is really sick. This was a great opportunity for him. No way he's lying.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 9 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 9 2011, 02:44 PM) *
Maidana apparently already was offered the fight and turned it down to stay in Argentina.

I believe Matthysse is really sick. This was a great opportunity for him. No way he's lying.

Im pretty sure we will hear something by the end of this weekend (hopefully). Maidana was probably going to make a nice grip for the Guerrero fight, but of course it was called off. As we all know, money talks...so he may want to make up for the money he would've made against Guerrero, by rematching Morales on a huge PPV undercard. At this point, he is in shape to fight, and his opponent is obviously a last-minute bum, so this offer may not be a deal-breaker. All it takes is the right amount of money, and Im sure GBP will have his ass on a jet en route to the states by Sunday evening.

Im pretty sure Oscar and Shaeffer dont want to 'f' up this card by getting everybody excited about Morales/Matthysse, just to throw a bum in there at the last minute due to the circumstances. Besides, this PPV is going to put some nice money in GBP's pockets, so making an exciting last-minute adjustment to the card will only attract more last-minute PPV buyers. If they saw the first Morales/Maidana fight, and their only chance to see the rematch would be through ordering the Star Power card, then thats a few more guaranteed sales.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 10 2011, 11:58 AM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 10 2011, 07:32 AM) *
What's the Baby Faced Assassin doing next Saturday night?

Hahahahaha!!! That would be a good one...Im sure the Baby Faced Assassin is itching to screw up Morale's plans that he's jotted down in his Hello Kitty planner.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:50 PM