Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Comparing careers 1, Judah-Spinks, DLH-Mosley, Cotto-Vargas, Hamed-Hatton
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 27 2011, 01:14 AM
Post #1

Guests

Ok, so how do you compare the careers between these fighters?

1. Judah-Spinks
2. De La Hoya-Mosley
3. Cotto-Vargas
4. Hamed-Hatton

Judah-Spinks
Both fighters were undisputed welter weight champions, and both split fights 1-1 between each other, though that has been Judah's only key career win. Spinks at least still has a decent win against Mayorga which is already better than anything else Zab has done. He has picked up a few more decent wins along the way.
Judah had the more potential, and more upside to him, but didn't live up to it. At this stage, I think Spinks has had the better career.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 27 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #2

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

Rating them I have

Spinks
DLH
Cotto
Hatton

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 27 2011, 02:45 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

Spinks. I thought he actually beat Taylor.

DLH. Hoya fought the higher opposition and sdespite the losses i thought had a more meomorable career than Mosley.

Vargas. Probably the toughest one for me. Both came up short in their biggest tests but I'm going to shade it for Vargas due to that win over the much avoided Winkty Wright. I could honestly go either way though. Cotto did get by Mosley so....................

Hamed. hatton has the bigger name as a scalp but I thought Hamed was just more dominant over guys when he was at his peak. hamed's power was insane and he iced guys that had never been KO'ed before with one shot sometimes seemingly going backwards. I might actually go and YouTube the Kevin Kelley fight right now, thanks for reminding me Fitz!

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Aug 27 2011, 06:53 AM
Post #4

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 27 2011, 03:45 AM) *
Spinks. I thought he actually beat Taylor.

DLH. Hoya fought the higher opposition and sdespite the losses i thought had a more meomorable career than Mosley.

Vargas. Probably the toughest one for me. Both came up short in their biggest tests but I'm going to shade it for Vargas due to that win over the much avoided Winkty Wright. I could honestly go either way though. Cotto did get by Mosley so....................

Hamed. hatton has the bigger name as a scalp but I thought Hamed was just more dominant over guys when he was at his peak. hamed's power was insane and he iced guys that had never been KO'ed before with one shot sometimes seemingly going backwards. I might actually go and YouTube the Kevin Kelley fight right now, thanks for reminding me Fitz!

Meh, that win is in the same exact vein as Cotto's win over Clottey. I have to say that Cotto has had the better career between the two.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 27 2011, 07:29 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 27 2011, 11:53 PM) *
Meh, that win is in the same exact vein as Cotto's win over Clottey. I have to say that Cotto has had the better career between the two.

NO Winky is waaaay better than Clottey.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 27 2011, 07:48 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 27 2011, 08:29 AM) *
NO Winky is waaaay better than Clottey.

Winky IS a lot better than Clottey, but shit, man, Cotto easily had the better career of the two. He's fought the way tougher competition of the two, and never got caught cheating either.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 27 2011, 08:08 AM
Post #7

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Naz was better than Hatton for sure. You could say Naz was overrated but he had alot of great performances in his title run...like the Kelley, Vazquez, Bungu, Medina, Augie Sanchez fights. I thought Hatton lost to Collazo

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Aug 27 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

I say Spinks because he did beat Judah and Mayorga, even though the Mayorga win was close as hell.

I will take DLH over Mosley simply because he should have been the victor in the 2nd Mosley fight. Plus that was a juiced up Mosley.

Vargas's big wins were against Campas, Marquez, Wright and Quartey. Cotto beat solid guys like Malignaggi, Corley, Quintana, Judah, Mosley, Clottey and Mayorga. In this instance, he had many more fights than Vargas.

I also take Hamed over Hatton. Hamed beat up Paul Ingle, Manuel Medina, Wilfredo Vazquez, Cesar Soto (a tough customer), Vuyani Bungu, Kevin Kelly, and he should have been the unified featherweight champ, had it not been for some shady politics. Hatton beat up some fringe guys early on, his first two decent wins were against an ancient Vince Phillips, then against the tough but one dimensional Tackie until he finally beat Tszyu. He had an extremely tough decision over Collazo, then Urango, Castillo, Lazcano and Malignaggi. Good opponents but Hamed gets it because he beat world class guys in much more impressive and easier fashion.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 27 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #9

Guests

I would probably lean slightly towards DLH, but I am surprised nobody has stepped forward ad made a case for Mosley. DLH-Mosley was the toughest one for me.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 27 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

De La Hoya/Mosley: I give this to De La Hoya any day of the week. All roads led to Oscar, he was the money man to beat, he had the most championships, and he had the biggest name in the sport. Mosley's resume would've definitely been lacking if Oscar's name wasn't on it. I remember Mosley being in survival mode too many times, and Oscar never showed us that.

Judah/ Spinks: Gotta give this one to Spinks. He fought his way to victories or he fought his way to a loss...never gave anybody anything. Though they were both undisputed champions, Judah had the bisggest opportunities and the most chances at redemption, and always managed to blow them.

Cotto/Vargas: This one is a toss-up for some reason. Vargas got his break early in his career, and Cotto had to wait for his. In a certain sense, they were both hype-jobs, but showed so much heart in the ring, so I dont know where Im going with that statement. They are nearly even with headlining PPVs, but the era of "everybody fights everybody" slightly gives Vargas the edge here.

Hamed/Hatton: I have to give this to Hamed, hands down. Dude was entertaining in and out of the ring, plus he had a crazy fan base. He practically paved the way for Hatton, though Hatton was a big draw as well.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:37 PM