+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 28 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #32

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 28 2011, 11:16 AM) *
In case any of y'all missed it!

As great as Sr has beento this site, and as much as I like the guy, he brings all of this shit on himself. I mean, he's either starved for attention, perhaps because of the sacrifices he's had to make w his own career to make ends meet, but he NEVER misses an opportunity to whore all the credit...or to remind anyone how great a trainer he is and how he's the reason Floyd Jr is who he is.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Aug 28 2011, 11:34 AM
Post #33

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 28 2011, 09:24 AM) *
I think Floyd is starting to break down mentally.

The legal problems are weighing pretty heavy on his mind...that part was pretty obvious.

But that's where it ends...he has ZERO doubts about the handpicked opponent.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Aug 28 2011, 11:42 AM
Post #34

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 28 2011, 09:37 AM) *
How so?

I think Sr. and Jr. have a very turbulant relationship. We only get to see one side of it. Maybe Jr. clearly has unresolved issues with his father and maybe his father doesn't understand that all water isn't under the bridge between the two. It was an ugly fight and I am sure they both said things in the heat of the argument. It happens. I did not know Sr. served jail time while Floyd was a kid. Sucks.

Did anyone peep how Curtis Jackson (50 Cent) through a fit cause some guy was eating his box of crackers? I had to laugh at that while listening to "Many Men." Then the dude came back and said "No one wants your box of crackers" lol!!! It was a great opener and Victor Ortiz has his work cut out for him. Less surfing more ring work!

The argument with Sr. is the least of my concerns though it troubles me that it got crazy in front of the camera's and that it was in fact Jr. who excalated the argument. They where talking about training to female fighter and Floyd Jr. went personal with everything.

I'm more concerned with the fact that he is engaged with to with this chick and I just get a bad feeling from her (She was giving off that crazy Robin Givens vibe). All the legal shit is eating away at this dude and he can't see it. He is a great fighter and I'm not betting against him, but if ever there where chance for an upset this would be it. Vic is dumb enough (I mean that in a good way.) that he will make the most of this opportunity and if there is any kind of lapse on Jr's part it could be a sad day for the Floyd huggers.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 28 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #35

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 28 2011, 11:42 AM) *
The argument with Sr. is the least of my concerns though it troubles me that it got crazy in front of the camera's and that it was in fact Jr. who excalated the argument. They where talking about training to female fighter and Floyd Jr. went personal with everything.

I'm more concerned with the fact that he is engaged with to with this chick and I just get a bad feeling from her (She was giving off that crazy Robin Givens vibe). All the legal shit is eating away at this dude and he can't see it. He is a great fighter and I'm not betting against him, but if ever there where chance for an upset this would be it. Vic is dumb enough (I mean that in a good way.) that he will make the most of this opportunity and if there is any kind of lapse on Jr's part it could be a sad day for the Floyd huggers.

As far as his "fiancee" goes she is a typical one. The only thing that seemed to be real about her was that rock that she had on. Women like that come with the territory. Just watch Basketball Wives..... Well what he said about the legal issues "fuck it" right now he has to be a professional which means he has to block out all distractions. Maybe the ring is his place of peace where he can forget about all the problems. I do not think Ortiz is a smart enough boxer to hang with May, I do not see that with him. I have May by a stoppage in round 10

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Aug 28 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #36

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

I watched it. It was an interesting episode but it sure wasn't amusing. It was sad. You can't believably script that kind of anger, resentment, and dysfunction. That was real, and it was sad to watch. Both of them crossed the line but at least Floyd Jr. made some good points. Old Floyd never works with any of his clients for very long, he couldn't train anyone while he was locked up, and he really wasn't worth a whole lot as a fighter. Best trainer in the world? He's not the best trainer in his family, and I'm not all that sold on Roger's work.

Best part of the episode? Miss Jackson. Good Lord. Just let her host the damn thing.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 28 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 28 2011, 09:37 AM) *
How so?

I think Sr. and Jr. have a very turbulant relationship. We only get to see one side of it. Maybe Jr. clearly has unresolved issues with his father and maybe his father doesn't understand that all water isn't under the bridge between the two. It was an ugly fight and I am sure they both said things in the heat of the argument. It happens. I did not know Sr. served jail time while Floyd was a kid. Sucks.

Did anyone peep how Curtis Jackson (50 Cent) through a fit cause some guy was eating his box of crackers? I had to laugh at that while listening to "Many Men." Then the dude came back and said "No one wants your box of crackers" lol!!! It was a great opener and Victor Ortiz has his work cut out for him. Less surfing more ring work!

Yeah that was the beginning of the end of their father/son relationship. Floyd was left in the wind for a while, and that has to suck for somebody that was forced into boxing in the first place. Dude finished his amateur career, went to the olympics, and went pro while Sr. was gone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) Now Sr. feels like Floyd owes him the world, when in fact, Floyd Jr.'s success as a pro, gave Sr. another chance at life...and a GOOD LIFE, might I add. In my opinion, they are even, so Sr. needs to shut up. His son could've ended up being a nobody or a career criminal, while he was away in prison, and Im pretty sure Sr. wouldn't be proud of his decisions as a father, let alone be able to look in the mirror everyday...bet he wouldn't be bragging about being "the reason why his son is what he is today". When you hear about Sr., he was a welterweight "contender" and "the guy" that fought Sugar Ray Leonard, when you hear about Roger, he was a two-time world champion, when you hear about Floyd, he is the multi-division champ and one of the biggest stars in the sport. See why Sr. is always so upset?

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 28 2011, 12:24 PM
Post #38

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 28 2011, 12:07 PM) *
I watched it. It was an interesting episode but it sure wasn't amusing. It was sad. You can't believably script that kind of anger, resentment, and dysfunction. That was real, and it was sad to watch. Both of them crossed the line but at least Floyd Jr. made some good points. Old Floyd never works with any of his clients for very long, he couldn't train anyone while he was locked up, and he really wasn't worth a whole lot as a fighter. Best trainer in the world? He's not the best trainer in his family, and I'm not all that sold on Roger's work.

Best part of the episode? Miss Jackson. Good Lord. Just let her host the damn thing.

+1 Nude would work for me! lol

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Aug 28 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #39

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 28 2011, 12:12 PM) *
Yeah that was the beginning of the end of their father/son relationship. Floyd was left in the wind for a while, and that has to suck for somebody that was forced into boxing in the first place. Dude finished his amateur career, went to the olympics, and went pro while Sr. was gone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) Now Sr. feels like Floyd owes him the world, when in fact, Floyd Jr.'s success as a pro, gave Sr. another chance at life...and a GOOD LIFE, might I add. In my opinion, they are even, so Sr. needs to shut up. His son could've ended up being a nobody or a career criminal, while he was away in prison, and Im pretty sure Sr. wouldn't be proud of his decisions as a father, let alone be able to look in the mirror everyday...bet he wouldn't be bragging about being "the reason why his son is what he is today". When you hear about Sr., he was a welterweight "contender" and "the guy" that fought Sugar Ray Leonard, when you hear about Roger, he was a two-time world champion, when you hear about Floyd, he is the multi-division champ and one of the biggest stars in the sport. See why Sr. is always so upset?

I think he just wants credit for starting it. Sr. got his brothers into boxing and also his son. So in his eyes no one would of had any success in the sport of boxing if it wasn't for him which may be true.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Aug 28 2011, 12:37 PM
Post #40

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Aug 28 2011, 12:29 PM) *
I think he just wants credit for starting it. Sr. got his brothers into boxing and also his son. So in his eyes no one would of had any success in the sport of boxing if it wasn't for him which may be true.

floyd jr always give his dad credit.

just watch the beginning of the episode.

its just that both floyd jr and sr have huge egos.

also it seems like floyd sr never gives credit to roger.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 11:20 PM