Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arum still talking about Gamboa and Lopez, with Donaire in the future
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 30 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #11

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

how much longer can Donaire keep adding weight without seeing an affect in his performance? Gamboa looks a lot bigger than him
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 30 2011, 09:02 PM
Post #12

Guests

I think Donaire looks BIG for his weight, I mentioned this a while ago. I have no doubt he can move up in weight a bit more and still be effective with his frame.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 30 2011, 09:17 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 30 2011, 09:54 PM) *
how much longer can Donaire keep adding weight without seeing an affect in his performance? Gamboa looks a lot bigger than him

That was my question after I kept moving him up weight classes, lol.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 30 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I think Gamboa is a little overrated, and Donair would more than likely put his lights out. Personally I was never convinced woth juanma, but I think a broner Gamboa fight would be awesome. A volume puncher against a counter puncher, its a fight I could see going either way and having some good action. Gamboa either overwhelming broner, or Gamboa fading after taking some clean counter punches.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 30 2011, 11:12 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 30 2011, 11:59 PM) *
I think Gamboa is a little overrated, and Donair would more than likely put his lights out. Personally I was never convinced woth juanma, but I think a broner Gamboa fight would be awesome. A volume puncher against a counter puncher, its a fight I could see going either way and having some good action. Gamboa either overwhelming broner, or Gamboa fading after taking some clean counter punches.

I don't believe Gamboa is overrated, but he does make some visible mistakes...as we all saw his fight against Salido last year. He would work Juanma at this weight, because in my honest opinion, Juanma has been killing himself to make this weight...now at 130, the grounds would be even. Until Juanma can be honest about his shit and work out his issues, Gamboa/Broner would be a great scrap in the meantime. That Gamboa/Donaire fight would be another $50 out of my pocket, but I woudn't complain.

This post has been edited by cshel86: Aug 30 2011, 11:14 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 30 2011, 11:31 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Yes he makes plenty of mistakes still, and I think broner is the type of fighter that can capitalize on his mistakes. And vise versa, because broner tends to go long periods of time without punching Gamboa can capitalize on him as well, that's why I think they would both push each other in a great fight.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 31 2011, 05:47 AM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 31 2011, 04:31 AM) *
Yes he makes plenty of mistakes still, and I think broner is the type of fighter that can capitalize on his mistakes. And vise versa, because broner tends to go long periods of time without punching Gamboa can capitalize on him as well, that's why I think they would both push each other in a great fight.

Forget Broner. Ricky Burns is going to steal his heart

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 31 2011, 07:15 AM
Post #18

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

Gamboa would crush Broner and Lopez on the same night. Lopez doesn't really belong in the discussion... fishface can't fight for fuckin shit

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 02:57 PM