IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Senior: I'm the best trainer, I did nothing wrong.... Lil Floyd needs a reality check
STEVENSKI
post Sep 6 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #41

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2011, 05:30 AM) *
i don't know all of who sr is training at the moment, but i do know he still trains amateurs. how many big name trainers in the sport can say that? he's building them from the ground up...and that takes time. if and when he gets another fighter to the top, we'll know it's because he has real skill as a trainer. not because his gym just happens to be the popular spot and another finished product has walked through his doors.

Yeah it ain't happened so far & I doubt it will anytime soon.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Sep 6 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 1,253

Man, Sr. should just have a small slice of humble pie and make it right w PBF, ad train in his gym. Fuck, Floyd should run THAT gym. Senior's money aint as long as Junior's. He ain't gonna be able to hang...

Jr. Vs. Sr. is gonne be like GloboGym vs. Avgerage Joe's.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Sep 6 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #43

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 1 2011, 01:31 PM) *
i think floyd sr extended dlh's career. had he kept fighting the way he was...he would have been ko'd a lot sooner than the bhop fight. vargas would have ko'd him if it wasn't for that shoulder rolling. look at dlh's fights without floyd sr. he looked like a robot against floyd jr and pac.

floyd sr created floyd jr and gave him the foundation for what he is today.

Man, you're crazy if you think Vargas would have KO'd Oscar in 2002 without FMS. I loved Vargas but he was never in Oscar's class. Truth that fight was closer than it should have been. Vargas lost all semblance of punch resistance after Tito mangled his ass. And your other bit about FMS teaching Oscar how to conserve his energy doesn't hold water either. Oscar still lost the Mosley rematch cause he tired down the stretch. Oscar fought tight. Always fought tight and always had issues with stamina because of it.

I'm not trying to discredit Floyd Senior as a trainer, but let's not pretend he reinvented the wheel or anything.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 1 2011, 04:44 PM) *
He was a crude one handed slugger who bears zero resemblance the fighter he is today. Lot's of people have titles, very few make it to P4P NUMBER ONE.

Fixed. Brig up, O-Dog.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 6 2011, 07:55 PM) *
Man, you're crazy if you think Vargas would have KO'd Oscar in 2002 without FMS. I loved Vargas but he was never in Oscar's class. Truth that fight was closer than it should have been. Vargas lost all semblance of punch resistance after Tito mangled his ass. And your other bit about FMS teaching Oscar how to conserve his energy doesn't hold water either. Oscar still lost the Mosley rematch cause he tired down the stretch. Oscar fought tight. Always fought tight and always had issues with stamina because of it.

I'm not trying to discredit Floyd Senior as a trainer, but let's not pretend he reinvented the wheel or anything.

i won't call u crazy...but it's evident u don't know what ur seeing. oscar weathered the storm from vargas and ktfo'd him in which round? again...that just proves what i was saying. dlh was able to take his energy late into the fight and finish off vargas after weathering the storm early. who was in oscars corner for the mosley rematch?

he didn't reinvent the wheel...he just showed oscar little tricks he had no idea about.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 6 2011, 07:04 PM
Post #45

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 6 2011, 06:39 PM) *

My point exactly...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #46

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 6 2011, 06:39 PM) *

whether he does...or he doesn't.....at least he can say he created one of the best (if not thee best) fighters of this generation.

very few can say that. it's better to have had...and lost...than to have never have had at all.

keep on hatin.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 6 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #47

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2011, 08:05 PM) *
whether he does...or he doesn't.....at least he can say he created one of the best (if not thee best) fighters of this generation.

very few can say that. it's better to have had...and lost...than to have never have had at all.

keep on hatin.

Do you mean Sr. can say that he trained the best fighter of this generation? Who's hating?

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 6 2011, 07:29 PM
Post #48

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2011, 10:05 AM) *

Reminds me of Tiger Woods & his dad. If his dad was a convicted felon who claimed he created Tiger & was soley responsable for his sons success.

Snr had plenty. Plenty of highlight reel beatings dished out to him that is.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2011, 10:05 AM) *
keep on hatin.

Don't worry about that. My hate is strong & seems to grow by the day. I was there to celebrate RJJ's downfall & I will be here to celebrate Floyd's too.

You know I almost felt sorry for RJJ after his last brutal KO loss. Only lasted a split second but it shows I was slippin & maybe slowing down a tad in my old age.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 6 2011, 08:38 PM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 7 2011, 11:55 AM) *
Fixed. Brig up, O-Dog.

Cheers, I must have lost my mind for a minute there.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Sep 6 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #50

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2011, 07:03 PM) *
i won't call u crazy...but it's evident u don't know what ur seeing. oscar weathered the storm from vargas and ktfo'd him in which round? again...that just proves what i was saying. dlh was able to take his energy late into the fight and finish off vargas after weathering the storm early. who was in oscars corner for the mosley rematch?

he didn't reinvent the wheel...he just showed oscar little tricks he had no idea about.

Oscar knocked him out in the 11th (though really the fight was over by the end of the 10th).

That had nothing to do with stamina and everything to do with class.

Floyd or no Floyd, Oscar was beating Vargas ass that night.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:47 AM