IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andre Berto v Dejan Zavec (No Spoilers, Preview Only), Berto best be on his (limited) game.
SmartyBeardo
post Sep 2 2011, 08:29 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

Dejan Zavec is no pushover. He is 31(18)-1 but has been on a demolition roll for the past 3 years, stopping 4 of 5 of his opponents. His only loss is a SD. He reminds me of a miniature Marciano or Tyson. He throws a lot of hard punches. Berto better be serious about this one because I am convinced that Zavec could win this. Zavec has good hooks, but therein lies his weakness - he throws too much wide stuff and can be had down the middle. This is a good test for Doe Puff.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 2 2011, 08:54 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I agree with this fight possibly going towards Zavec. He has a decent defense, unlike most of Berto's opponents who just stand there to be sacrificed and land a part in his highlight films. The only kicker is, can he handle some of Berto's punches? If so, then it will be a long night and another roller coaster for Berto. Let's see if Conte injected some confidence in Berto (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

* If RJJ is part of the commentary, let's see how many times he messes up Zavec's name with those gay lisps that does.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 2 2011, 01:51 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

What are the chances of Zavec being robbed on the cards to protect HBO's "Poster Boy?" With Zavec being such an unknown, is he gonna need a TKO/KO to win?

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 2 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I am actually rooting for berto. He has all the tools to be great, it just seems like he lacks confidence or drive or heart. Whatever it may be if the fight is close I don't have a hard time believing the judges would score it Lara-Williams style.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 2 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #5

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 2 2011, 02:03 PM) *
I am actually rooting for berto. He has all the tools to be great, it just seems like he lacks confidence or drive or heart. Whatever it may be if the fight is close I don't have a hard time believing the judges would score it Lara-Williams style.

If he lacks drive, confidence, or heart he's missing some pretty important tools to be great

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 2 2011, 02:50 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 2 2011, 02:51 PM) *
What are the chances of Zavec being robbed on the cards to protect HBO's "Poster Boy?" With Zavec being such an unknown, is he gonna need a TKO/KO to win?

Jack

There's always a chance for him to get robbed on the cards. A TKO/KO isn't out of the question, since Zavec has somewhat of a blueprint on how to do it...he just needs to execute it. Im sure this fight was made to make sure Berto wins, but I don't think this guy as one of those pushover "ABC mandatories that HBO broadcasts to get slaughtered by the known fighter.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 2 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 2 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 2 2011, 01:51 PM) *

Jack

my guess is zavec needs a ko to earn a draw and id like to see him pull it off.. something about berto im just not liking... he has the skills but he lacks something... cant put my finger on it but he lacks that EXTRA SOMETHING to make him the extra ordinary fighter he shows he can be.. to me thats a waste of talent...

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 2 2011, 03:12 PM
Post #9

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 2 2011, 03:04 PM) *

for those of you who don't know this is Hlatshwayo who at this point only had a points loss to Kendal Holt and wins over Cassius Baloyi, Nate Campbell, and a draw and win over Delvin Rodriguez. Not a scrub by any means. Zavek is a tough customer and if Berto isn't ready to work more than 35 sec a round he's going to get Ortiz'ed again

This post has been edited by EAlbian: Sep 2 2011, 03:22 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 2 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 2 2011, 04:12 PM) *
for those of you who don't know this is Hlatshwayo who at this point had a points loss to Kendal Holt and wins over Cassius Baloyi, Nate Campbell, and a draw and win over Delvin Rodriguez. Not a scrub by any means. Zavek is a tough customer and if Berto isn't ready to work more than 35 sec a round he's going to get Ortiz'ed again

Oh shit!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 02:11 AM