IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather: "I'm working on the biggest contract ever... ya'll know who it is."
Eighty88Eight
post Sep 4 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #1

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

Floyd being lighthearted and candid with the troops: http://boxscorenews.com/mayweather-breaks-...n-p25941-68.htm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 4 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Yep, read about that just a few minutes ago on boxingscene. Waving $100 bills at the camera in front of guys who are fighting a dirty war in a desert for piss poor wages showed all the class I have come to expect.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 4 2011, 11:29 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 5 2011, 03:56 PM) *
Yep, read about that just a few minutes ago on boxingscene. Waving $100 bills at the camera in front of guys who are fighting a dirty war in a desert for piss poor wages showed all the class I have come to expect.

Yep sounds like another crass Mayweather production.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 5 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 4 2011, 11:56 PM) *

I haven't seeen the video yet, but as far as the disrespect that he is supposedly showing to soldiers, I'm not making any excuses for him if he was disrespectful, but I find it very disingenous whenever I see "outrage" at him for doing immature shit like that - if it's as described. I don't think that's any worse than the stuff that goes on in the world of high finance (obscene wages for absolute incompetence and a blatant disregard of anything that even resembles ethical behaviour) and the gazillion chances that are given to people like lindsey lohan, paris hilton etc. To reiterate, I'm not blindly making excuses for actions like that, but I'm just tired of what I perceive to be a double standard.

I've now read the article and I think that it was nice of him to take the time out to have a "one on one" conversation with those guys for 2 hours and his action re. the $ was in the context of a very informal chat with the army guys, who from the photo were enjoying speaking with Mayweather.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Sep 5 2011, 12:55 AM

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 5 2011, 01:19 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 5 2011, 05:43 PM) *
I haven't seeen the video yet, but as far as the disrespect that he is supposedly showing to soldiers, I'm not making any excuses for him if he was disrespectful, but I find it very disingenous whenever I see "outrage" at him for doing immature shit like that - if it's as described. I don't think that's any worse than the stuff that goes on in the world of high finance (obscene wages for absolute incompetence and a blatant disregard of anything that even resembles ethical behaviour) and the gazillion chances that are given to people like lindsey lohan, paris hilton etc. To reiterate, I'm not blindly making excuses for actions like that, but I'm just tired of what I perceive to be a double standard.

I've now read the article and I think that it was nice of him to take the time out to have a "one on one" conversation with those guys for 2 hours and his action re. the $ was in the context of a very informal chat with the army guys, who from the photo were enjoying speaking with Mayweather.

Where's the double standard? I think the likes of Paris Hilton and some Hedge Fund managers are cunts too, however as this is a boxing forum and not www.HedgeFundHype.com they are not really up for discussion are they?

This post has been edited by The Ollie Reed Fan Club: Sep 5 2011, 01:20 AM

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 5 2011, 08:13 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 5 2011, 06:19 AM) *
Where's the double standard? I think the likes of Paris Hilton and some Hedge Fund managers are cunts too, however as this is a boxing forum and not www.HedgeFundHype.com they are not really up for discussion are they?

I'v been thru this a few times over the years, not just on the subject of Floyd. I have a deep objection to boxing fans on a boxing forum discussing boxing as a business rather than a sport. I know thats the cold facts of life but it doesnt mean we as fans should accept it and give fighters passes to duck and dodge and select opponents based on who is a draw and shit like that.

Cheesey, I agree it was decent of him to take time out for the troops. Specially considering those boys are dying, as are ours, in a country where they have no business.
However, like Ollie said, I find it extrememly crass to be waving hundred dollar bills in front of servicemen of all people, who make ends meet by leaving there loved ones to go to a warzone for 6 months at a time then get kicked to the kerb when they are too old to fight and mostly end up with not a pot to piss in. Specially when you earn those $$$'s in a few weeks of "work" per year.

And no double standards from me either. You will never know because I dont know words strong enough how much I hate the banks, stockbrokers, etc who caused the crisis that the working man is now paying for.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Sep 5 2011, 08:44 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 4 2011, 10:56 PM) *

Flashing money is apart of his act. Just ignore the fact that he spoke to the troops in the first place. And I am sure those guys got a kick out of it. How many hours have you spent with the troops? It was classy that he spent time with them, and I am sure they appreciated the Mayweather experience.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 4 2011, 11:29 PM) *
Yep sounds like another crass Mayweather production.

That those men and women surely enjoyed along with May talking with them. Ortiz hasn't done it or Pac. But this guy is an asshole? Right

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 5 2011, 12:43 AM) *

I like your post, and agree with it. The fact that so many people do not do a damn thing for our military have the nerve to critize someone who took time from a busy schedule to talk them. SO what if he flashed money in front of the camera, its apart of May's personality. I don't hear the troops complaining.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Sep 5 2011, 08:49 AM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

I wasn't there that night. Victor Ortiz really wasn't there after he got hit with that can opener in the 5th round. He really wasn't there. Manny Pacquiao is going to get the beating of his life. So is Victor Ortiz. If a fighter lke Maidana can expose Ortiz, then Mayweather will have an easy time picking this kid apart. I hope he shows some heart when those lightning fast right hands begin to find their home on Ortiz' chin. Be a man kid. You wanted to be a world champion. Now you are a world champion and guys will be coming for your head. Just your luck that you land the best fighter in the world for your first defense. Your reign on the top is short like Manny Pacquiao.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Sep 5 2011, 08:57 AM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 5 2011, 09:44 AM) *
Flashing money is apart of his act. Just ignore the fact that he spoke to the troops in the first place. And I am sure those guys got a kick out of it. How many hours have you spent with the troops? It was classy that he spent time with them, and I am sure they appreciated the Mayweather experience.

That those men and women surely enjoyed along with May talking with them. Ortiz hasn't done it or Pac. But this guy is an asshole? Right

I like your post, and agree with it. The fact that so many people do not do a damn thing for our military have the nerve to critize someone who took time from a busy schedule to talk them. SO what if he flashed money in front of the camera, its apart of May's personality. I don't hear the troops complaining.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Sep 5 2011, 10:58 AM
Post #10

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 5 2011, 11:56 AM) *

Oh... so waving money is now illegal.
People wear expensive jewelries and drive expensive cars too -- are those illegal now as well?

And c'mon... fighting a dirty war?? Piss poor wages?? What are you talking about??
These troops went INTO Afghanistan (not the other way around). It's not like the Afghans came to their homes and they're forced to stand their ground fighting till death. They chose to go there.
And they're well fed... very well fed. And they get a lot of leisure time too (and as you can see they even get the time to talk to their fav stars via Skype). Actually there's no "war" going on in reality over there. They're just stationed there for maintenance. Sure there are gun fights and a few bombs going off the streets there once in a while, but those aren't "war" per se -- only like street anarchy -- not a "real war" that involved tanks and fighter jets and those stuffs that would put up a REAL fight.

Wake up.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 02:49 AM