IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mike Jones vs Andre Berto, Pac's busy! MJ should challenge Berto for his title.
HazConvictedFelo...
post Sep 5 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,413

We've all caught wind of Bob Arum's lame attempt at promoting Mike Jones. According to good ol' Uncle Bob, Mike Jones is 'the best of the young welterweights'. He's also stated that Mike Jones is a potential opponent for Manny Pacquiao. Not to mention, the WBO has MJ as a mandatory challenger for their belt. Fuck that! I say (I'm just a boxing fan with a working brain) cut the crap, stop trying to overhype Mike Jones, and match him up with the new IBF champion, Andre Berto. It would be a shame if a fighter like Berto was 'overlooked' (ducked) by the Top Rank and Pacquiao camp, but they'd take a fight with Mike Jones. MJ has less experience than Berto has and that was their excuse for not entertaining the thought of doing a unification bout with young Berto. Berto lost his title, but now he has another one. I know better than to clamour for a unification match between Berto's speed vs. Pacquiao's speed, so I have a solution that would work for the fighters and the fans. Let Pacquiao do what he has to do
(take the tests and FIGHT FLOYD), and let Jones challenge Berto for the IBF welterweight tiltle. If Bob Arum isn't just blowing smoke up the public's asses, and he truly believes that Mike Jones is the best of the young welterweights, then pit him against Berto. Berto isn't unbeatable and I'd like to see both men tested. I'd like to see how they handle adversity. I've witnessed Berto prove himself. I've also seen Jones struggle against C-Level fighters (like Soto-Karass) so I'd like to see if he's even worth mentioning his name in the same sentence as Manny Pacquiao. In closing, I'd also like to say that all we need to see is Pacquiao step up to the plate. If Floyd's afraid, he'll find another excuse to opt out. Bob Arum is a wolf ticket seller in my opinion. Berto will fight, so will Floyd. Bob, stop robbing us of the fights we deserve. We pay to see the fights so give us the fights we'll pay for. Pac-Man vs. anyone who has a shot to beat him will sell, so stop making excuses. Unify titles or something. Mike Jones is a contender, test him! Gamboa vs. Ponce De Leon is a farce! Put him up against Chris John if he's the best.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
mgrover
post Sep 5 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

this seems to be another thread saying pacman take the tests and how pacman's ducking. don't you get bored. arums a promoter and a dirty one at that, course he's going to milk his cash cow. don't worry the mayweather/pacman fight will happen, but its most likely the last fight the pacman will have since arum would just be like, we'll he's all dried up. neither mike Jones or Berto deserve to fight pacman, I doubt they've done anywhere near enough. it seems like anyone can get themselves a title shot right after losing there own title. if the WBO make Mike Jones a mandatory shouldn't the pacman defend his title? why should he vacate a title he won, just because some people don't like the rankings. the systems shit. the pacman has really two real contenders, FMJ or if he's crazy enough Martinez at 154. mike Jones won't fight the pacman any time soon. what will happen is he'll fight a bunch of nobodies, and then fight a shadow of a contender, a name, maybe Mosley, maybe Cotto when he's older and slower, and then arum will feed him the pacman when he's old slow and fighting to pay bills. Although thinking like Arum putting Jones in with Berto isn't a bad idea, that way he can get a belt and make more money for Arum I mean. wow this promoting malarkey is lucrative stuff.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Sep 5 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 5 2011, 07:15 PM) *
this seems to be another thread saying pacman take the tests and how pacman's ducking. don't you get bored. arums a promoter and a dirty one at that, course he's going to milk his cash cow. don't worry the mayweather/pacman fight will happen, but its most likely the last fight the pacman will have since arum would just be like, we'll he's all dried up. neither mike Jones or Berto deserve to fight pacman, I doubt they've done anywhere near enough. it seems like anyone can get themselves a title shot right after losing there own title. if the WBO make Mike Jones a mandatory shouldn't the pacman defend his title? why should he vacate a title he won, just because some people don't like the rankings. the systems shit. the pacman has really two real contenders, FMJ or if he's crazy enough Martinez at 154. mike Jones won't fight the pacman any time soon. what will happen is he'll fight a bunch of nobodies, and then fight a shadow of a contender, a name, maybe Mosley, maybe Cotto when he's older and slower, and then arum will feed him the pacman when he's old slow and fighting to pay bills. Although thinking like Arum putting Jones in with Berto isn't a bad idea, that way he can get a belt and make more money for Arum I mean. wow this promoting malarkey is lucrative stuff.

Nah bruh. The thread is about Jones and Berto. Pac-Man is just a supporting character. Arum was blowing the trumpet on Mike Jones, how he's the best young welterweight, and whatever but I'd like to see him vs. Berto. I think that the WBO was paid off by Bob Arum. It's another way for them to try to duck anyone other than a top rank fighter.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 5 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

either way am going to become a promoter in the UK and ruin the boxing scene, we don't need frank warren when theres me around the block. ill make the worst fights possible and still make million (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Sep 5 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

this fight would not sell out a phone booth....

I dont even think the public knows jones and really not much of the public knows berto either so doubt this fight gets made unless haymon and hbo can guarantee Arum a good amount of money..

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Sep 6 2011, 04:02 AM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

Thing tho' is that Arum is desperately looking for the next Pacquiao for his stable... that much is clear. To that extent, he'd do anything to push a Mike Jones into public consciousness, or hold on by all means to a Donaire or a Gamboa even after the stripping (a mistake, the stripping that is.) He'll also make one or two mistakes along the way, such as the mauling of Lopez.

So if it takes a Mike Jones possibly grabbing a belt - hell, he's already a "#1," lol - to push him into our consciousness to maintain his cash flow, "Mr. Bob" would do it. I agree with HCF that we should just brace up for a kind of Jones-Berto era.

BTW, the following video is relevant to this discussion. It shows that, from the get go, Bob Arum never wanted Pac to have to fight/face FMJ. At least, not yet. That in itself should not be a surprise to discerning observers. The video is funny to boot.

P34c3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tFg9hzhB9M

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Sep 6 2011, 04:48 PM
Post #7

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

WHO? Mike Jones. WHO?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 11:33 AM