IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mike Jones vs Andre Berto, Pac's busy! MJ should challenge Berto for his title.
HazConvictedFelo...
post Sep 5 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,413

We've all caught wind of Bob Arum's lame attempt at promoting Mike Jones. According to good ol' Uncle Bob, Mike Jones is 'the best of the young welterweights'. He's also stated that Mike Jones is a potential opponent for Manny Pacquiao. Not to mention, the WBO has MJ as a mandatory challenger for their belt. Fuck that! I say (I'm just a boxing fan with a working brain) cut the crap, stop trying to overhype Mike Jones, and match him up with the new IBF champion, Andre Berto. It would be a shame if a fighter like Berto was 'overlooked' (ducked) by the Top Rank and Pacquiao camp, but they'd take a fight with Mike Jones. MJ has less experience than Berto has and that was their excuse for not entertaining the thought of doing a unification bout with young Berto. Berto lost his title, but now he has another one. I know better than to clamour for a unification match between Berto's speed vs. Pacquiao's speed, so I have a solution that would work for the fighters and the fans. Let Pacquiao do what he has to do
(take the tests and FIGHT FLOYD), and let Jones challenge Berto for the IBF welterweight tiltle. If Bob Arum isn't just blowing smoke up the public's asses, and he truly believes that Mike Jones is the best of the young welterweights, then pit him against Berto. Berto isn't unbeatable and I'd like to see both men tested. I'd like to see how they handle adversity. I've witnessed Berto prove himself. I've also seen Jones struggle against C-Level fighters (like Soto-Karass) so I'd like to see if he's even worth mentioning his name in the same sentence as Manny Pacquiao. In closing, I'd also like to say that all we need to see is Pacquiao step up to the plate. If Floyd's afraid, he'll find another excuse to opt out. Bob Arum is a wolf ticket seller in my opinion. Berto will fight, so will Floyd. Bob, stop robbing us of the fights we deserve. We pay to see the fights so give us the fights we'll pay for. Pac-Man vs. anyone who has a shot to beat him will sell, so stop making excuses. Unify titles or something. Mike Jones is a contender, test him! Gamboa vs. Ponce De Leon is a farce! Put him up against Chris John if he's the best.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2014 - 11:46 PM