IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> V. Klitschko vs. T. Adamek: World Heavyweight Championship, Preview and Poll! Vote and Comment Now!
V. Klitschko vs. T. Adamek
Who Wins?
Klitschko by Close Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Klitschko by Wide Decision [ 3 ] ** [37.50%]
Klitschko by KO/TKO [ 4 ] ** [50.00%]
Adamek by Close Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Adamek by Wide Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Adameck by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [12.50%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response.) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
Jack 1000
post Sep 5 2011, 04:13 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I think that the fight could be better than anticipated. Adamek WILL come out and go down swinging in a very possible firefight. I would really like to see what we saw against Lewis and Vitali. The Klitschkos have not had to engage in a firefight for a very, very, long time.

It is possible that Vitali's age may catch up to him, but Adamek should bring action and will have a huge home-court following. It will be interesting to see how "Robot#1, in Vitali responds to pressure. I would just go balls to the wall if I was Adamek and rip into Vitali, just to see what happens. He's got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Give me Vitali by UD, with something memorable from Adamek in the first three rounds, but after that, Vitali wears him down.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Sep 5 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,421

Klit by KO.. Klit will wear him down and KO him in the 10or 11

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Sep 6 2011, 11:29 AM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

I cannot make a call on this fight due to BOTH guys having MAJOR questions for me as a fan.

Vitali's age.....once guys start getting past that 35 mark....I just do not trust it. You never know when they are going to get old in one night...so it's always a huge question mark.

the other deal is Adamek fighting such a HUGE fight in his hometown. I NEVER, NEVER , NEVER trust a guy having to fight in his home town. It's somewhat of a double edged sword...on the one hand it can be seen as a postive because he will have huge crowd support. On the other hand the guy will be under a large amount og stress to NOT screw up for his fans.

Remember Holyfield's first fight in Atlanta after he became Champion...with Bert Cooper....that almost ended in desaster! I can think of a ton more over the years that have taken place where a loss was the result.

So...with both those factors being involved....it's super hard to call.

I do know that unlike most Klit opposition Adamek's people have done a wonderful job getting him prepared for the height issue....having fought huge guys like Grant and McBride at the very least allows you to have had experiance with that level of height.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Sep 6 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #4

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

Vitali will win by wide UD. If i was Adamek ide deff go all out and come out swinging for the fences... if he can use his defense to get on the inside and box dirty he ma be able to steal a few rounds and make it competitive...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 7 2011, 03:59 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'd like to see Adamek make a good fight of it but I think after the 4th or 5th round it's going to be all Vitali. I think it'll be a TKO victory for Vitali in the 10th

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Sep 8 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #6

Welterweight

Member No.: 931

I just can't see anything other than a dominant win for Vitali. I know Adamek will give it his best shot, but he doesn't have the size or the power to seriously trouble Vitali. His best chance is to outbox Vitali like he did Arreola, but Vitali ain't Arreola. It's going to be difficult to outbox the skilled big man. Size, reach, and power will dictate this fight.

My vote: Klitschko by Wide Decision.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Sep 8 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Sep 8 2011, 02:51 AM) *
I just can't see anything other than a dominant win for Vitali. I know Adamek will give it his best shot, but he doesn't have the size or the power to seriously trouble Vitali. His best chance is to outbox Vitali like he did Arreola, but Vitali ain't Arreola. It's going to be difficult to outbox the skilled big man. Size, reach, and power will dictate this fight.

My vote: Klitschko by Wide Decision.

You know...I thought the same exact thing about Gomez almost 2 years ago...and if you recall Gomez had a decent level of success with Vitali. I recall him marking up his face and keeping things relatively compititive for awhile.

NOW...that was with Gomez himself being old....Vitali being 2 years younger than he is now....and Adamek being younger and stronger...so I would not be surprised to see Adamek have better success TODAY than Gomez did 2 years ago.

I can see the decesion win by Klit...but I think it will be closer than many expect it to be. The guy is near 40...I don't care how good of shape you keep yourself in...it catches up with you...look at Holy....prime example....he still looks the part..but the speed and reflexes just are not there...and he's a smaller HW...I think it's even more telling in the big guys.

This post has been edited by BGv2.0: Sep 8 2011, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 8 2011, 04:27 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

win or lose i think Adamek comes to fight and that's all you can really ask for with someone his size vs a Klitschko,

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 8 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Adamek's best chance is to use head movement all night and make sure his legs dont decide to take a vacation. Trying to outbox the Klitschkos is something that most guys fail to do. Instead, they already have in their minds that they are going to get knocked out, so they get in there and go for broke in hopes of knocking them out first.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 8 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 8 2011, 06:24 PM) *
Adamek's best chance is to use head movement all night and make sure his legs dont decide to take a vacation. Trying to outbox the Klitschkos is something that most guys fail to do. Instead, they already have in their minds that they are going to get knocked out, so they get in there and go for broke in hopes of knocking them out first.

i would like to see Adamek vs Wlad instead. i think he could pot shot him. this shouldn't be a bad fight though.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 04:52 AM