> 24/7: part 3
Allmenjoi8
post Sep 11 2011, 08:38 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

Key Points:

The training styles of both fighters are like night and day. Ortiz trained for 10 rounds (for a 12 round bout)... May from reports (they never show his sparing matches) is going extra hard. From what they showed May is doing the technical work while Ortiz is doing a lot of road work and his ring work seems to be centered around the knock out shot. His trainer was telling him to focus on his jab... I wonder how this is will transcend into the fight

Victor showing up in that limo was actually funny, it reminded me of Pinky's limo in Next Friday. He took a day off a training was a little weird to me but to each his own
Floyd lost cool points by letting Ray J sing and just hanging around him. That song he was singing is damn near two years old maybe three. Ray J? Really Floyd. You could at least gotten someone who is on the charts Geez.
The footage of he entertaining the troops was great. Like I figured the whole flashing the money around was taken way out of proportion. They guys laughed.. but to some he is still a piece of trash

Roger did not curse... that was the biggest surprise. My favorite quote "Those ten rounds should beat Mayweather" LOL

Any thoughts

This post has been edited by Allmenjoi8: Sep 11 2011, 08:41 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrfPmp
post Sep 11 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #2

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,889

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 11 2011, 09:38 AM) *
Key Points:

The training styles of both fighters are like night and day. Ortiz trained for 10 rounds (for a 12 round bout)... May from reports (they never show his sparing matches) is going extra hard. From what they showed May is doing the technical work while Ortiz is doing a lot of road work and his ring work seems to be centered around the knock out shot. His trainer was telling him to focus on his jab... I wonder how this is will transcend into the fight

Victor showing up in that limo was actually funny, it reminded me of Pinky's limo in Next Friday. He took a day off a training was a little weird to me but to each his own
Floyd lost cool points by letting Ray J sing and just hanging around him. That song he was singing is damn near two years old maybe three. Ray J? Really Floyd. You could at least gotten someone who is on the charts Geez.
The footage of he entertaining the troops was great. Like I figured the whole flashing the money around was taken way out of proportion. They guys laughed.. but to some he is still a piece of trash

Roger did not curse... that was the biggest surprise. My favorite quote "Those ten rounds should beat Mayweather" LOL

Any thoughts

I keep hearing how mayweather is training "extra hard" for this fight, yet HE DOESN'T HAVE A SIX PACK! Did anyone else notice this?? .. Never has an episode of 24/7 influenced my pick, but there's a first time for everything.

Is he training so hard bc he hasn't been training too hard or at all over the past 2 years? I mean, I have friends who fly out from miami w a bunch of girls to party w him all the time so idk, maybe he's been eating shit the past few years. They haven't showed may with his shirt off until last nights episode, and he looks real soft in the stomach. I've never seen floyd fight someone who is more physically fit than him, but there's no question that ortiz appears to be in MUCH better shape than him. Combine that with all the intangibles age, layoff, timing, ortiz's youth, strength, punching power, determination ect.

I can still see floyd kicking hiss ass but can also see ortiz completely destroying him too. I wasn't gonna bet but I layed 500 on ortiz after seeing last nights 24/7

If u didn't notice, check it out! Also it kinda looks like his timing's a little off on the speed bag?

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Sep 11 2011, 10:30 AM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (PrfPmp @ Sep 11 2011, 11:14 AM) *
I keep hearing how mayweather is training "extra hard" for this fight, yet HE DOESN'T HAVE A SIX PACK! Did anyone else notice this?? .. Never has an episode of 24/7 influenced my pick, but there's a first time for everything.

Is he training so hard bc he hasn't been training too hard or at all over the past 2 years? I mean, I have friends who fly out from miami w a bunch of girls to party w him all the time so idk, maybe he's been eating shit the past few years. They haven't showed may with his shirt off until last nights episode, and he looks real soft in the stomach. I've never seen floyd fight someone who is more physically fit than him, but there's no question that ortiz appears to be in MUCH better shape than him. Combine that with all the intangibles age, layoff, timing, ortiz's youth, strength, punching power, determination ect.

I can still see floyd kicking hiss ass but can also see ortiz completely destroying him too. I wasn't gonna bet but I layed 500 on ortiz after seeing last nights 24/7

If u didn't notice, check it out! Also it kinda looks like his timing's a little off on the speed bag?

Perhaps you are looking too much into the footage that 24/7 shows us. Remember that it is only a half hour show, and what you are seeing are only snippets of the overall training both guys are doing. I haven't seen whether Mayweather has a six pack during this 24/7 series, although whenever he weighs in for the fight you can always see it, but whether or not they are visible does not determine a fight. Ortiz could come in looking shredded, but the fight is still decided by skills, and not by who has the fittest body.

Maybe it's true that Mayweather hasn't been looking ripped, although he looks to be in good shape to me, but keep in mind that he doesn't allow the cameras to capture footage of him sparring. He could be kicking ass in those sessions, and sometimes that matters more than how ripped your body is.

+Quote Post
PrfPmp
post Sep 11 2011, 11:21 AM
Post #4

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,889

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 11 2011, 11:30 AM) *
Perhaps you are looking too much into the footage that 24/7 shows us. Remember that it is only a half hour show, and what you are seeing are only snippets of the overall training both guys are doing. I haven't seen whether Mayweather has a six pack during this 24/7 series, although whenever he weighs in for the fight you can always see it, but whether or not they are visible does not determine a fight. Ortiz could come in looking shredded, but the fight is still decided by skills, and not by who has the fittest body.

Maybe it's true that Mayweather hasn't been looking ripped, although he looks to be in good shape to me, but keep in mind that he doesn't allow the cameras to capture footage of him sparring. He could be kicking ass in those sessions, and sometimes that matters more than how ripped your body is.

I agree with everything you said. All I'm saying is that this is not the fight to come in at less than optimum shape and I've been watching mayweather since I was 9 ( lol jk I'm 30) , and he's the most ripped fighter since roy jones foe every single fight, except this one.

1 year ago I was a physical specimen with 8 pack abs and 5% body fat, I play basketball and box and I was very explosive. Today, after 1 year of not working out and eating out every night w my girlfriend, I weigh only 10lbs more but my body has completely morphed and I am nowhere near the athlete I was. I think flyd is training so hard bc he's trying to get back to his old form but I think he started too late.

Physically, this isn't the same floyd that fought marquez and mosley imo based on what I saw last night

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Sep 11 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

All I see is alot of false bravado coming out if Ortiz. Last time Floyd and Vic were in the same room (face off with Max Kellerman) Vic came off like a little bitch. Its easy to have bravado when hes in Oxnard. Once they get in the ring together I expect Vic to bitch up again.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Sep 11 2011, 12:51 PM

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Sep 11 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #6

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 11 2011, 01:49 PM) *
All I see is alot of false bravado coming out if Ortiz. Last time Floyd and Vic were in the same room (face off with Max Kellerman) Vic came off like a little bitch. Its easy to have bravado when hes in Oxnard. Once they get in the ring together I expect Vic to bitch up again.

Vic came off as a kid lacking in television experience.

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Sep 11 2011, 01:28 PM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

Let's face it, Ortiz is a likeable enough guy, far more down to earth than the increasingly cringe-worthy Mayweather whose arrogance and crude inappropriateness is as sickening as it is embarrassing.  Hey-ho, this is Floyd Mayweather, a man crying out for love and attention, desperate to be depicted affectionately and craving acceptance from the masses.  His persona is so obviously forced, like the little guy on the corner who joins the crew and lives his life falsely in order to impress those new 'friends' around him.  See Immortal Technique, dance with the Devil.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 11 2011, 01:30 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 11 2011, 01:54 PM) *
Vic came off as a kid lacking in television experience.

That pretty much sums it up. He was fat in the face and short on words. I believe that every fighter begging for these "big fights" needs to learn how to either talk shit, or be long-winded with some sense...or else, they will do exactly what Ortiz did, and just sit there and look at Floyd the whole time. These guys either need to learn how to talk, or these Face-Offs will consist of more than Kellerman and the two fighters.

The guys that need to be in that room, is Kellerman and the two fighters...not somebody else sitting behind you helping you talk shit. The only person that needs to be behind you is an interpreter, if you need one. Bradley and Alexander needed their trainers with them during a Face-Off because they were that terrible at talking, or coming up with something to say. When Ortiz keeps saying, "Dude, I just don't care, you know?", that is a clear indicator that has run out words. Hell, if he was been wanting to dethrone Floyd since he was 9 years old (lmao), then he should've been verbally preparing himself for this big opportunity.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Sep 11 2011, 03:30 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (PrfPmp @ Sep 11 2011, 12:21 PM) *
I agree with everything you said. All I'm saying is that this is not the fight to come in at less than optimum shape and I've been watching mayweather since I was 9 ( lol jk I'm 30) , and he's the most ripped fighter since roy jones foe every single fight, except this one.

1 year ago I was a physical specimen with 8 pack abs and 5% body fat, I play basketball and box and I was very explosive. Today, after 1 year of not working out and eating out every night w my girlfriend, I weigh only 10lbs more but my body has completely morphed and I am nowhere near the athlete I was. I think flyd is training so hard bc he's trying to get back to his old form but I think he started too late.

Physically, this isn't the same floyd that fought marquez and mosley imo based on what I saw last night

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Yeah a boxer's stamina and endurance can leave within 2 weeks if training stops, but I'm not so sure that Mayweather is in that type of situation. I mean, are we going to judge the outcome of a fight because he may or may not have a six pack? This is Mayweather we're talking about here; the man trains year round and never takes an opponent likely. Then again, there's a first time for everything, and maybe your friends are right and he's not training 100%.

+Quote Post
Method
post Sep 11 2011, 03:44 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Sep 11 2011, 02:28 PM) *
Hey-ho, this is Floyd Mayweather, a man crying out for love and attention...His persona is so obviously forced, like the little guy on the corner who joins the crew and lives his life falsely in order to impress those new 'friends' around him.

Just like Tupac. See where that got him.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:25 AM