Allmenjoi8
post Sep 13 2011, 02:37 PM
Post #31

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Method @ Sep 13 2011, 12:52 PM) *
Did Floyd EVER retire?

I think the contention previously made is that Jordan was never out there claiming he was "dominating the sport" in the years where he wasn't even on the court.

See the difference?

You did not hear Jordan's hall of fame speech. Because the majority of his speech was how he could take down most of the guards that are now playing and the only reason why he is not playing is because the game is too different and the respect of the game is not what it use to. Jordan talked shit, believe you me. He did most of it on the court that is a given but he was a major trash talker (almost up there with Reggie Miller).

QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 13 2011, 12:53 PM) *
That's not what I said at all, I said how can you dominate a sport for 16 years when 4 of those years he was not even fighting in the sport! Furthermore, you never heard Jordan brag in his life! You know some of y'all have good overall knowledge but make pactards look good if y'all are gonna despute that you can't dominate something when you ain't even in whatever the subject line is unless we are back to but he would have IF he fought! lmfao! This is so funny to me for some reason! Y'all having to bring up Jordan or that Mr potado nose dude! Good lord!!!

In the 16 months Floyd was off people still talked about him wondered if he would return to the sport. They made mock boxing matches that he would fight. So if you are still talked about like that when you are not even fighting that is pretty damn good. Jordan was well protected by the media but he bragged on his skills, matter of fact he called Allen Iverson and Kobey Byrant overrated. Jordan was a dick despite what people may think.

So I would agree with Floyd and say yes, he did dominate the sport for 16 years and counting... And it is not like those 4 years are in consecutive order. They are in spots. He took a break, came back and won. Not even Jordan did that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Sep 13 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #32

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Method @ Sep 13 2011, 01:52 PM) *
Did Floyd EVER retire?

I think the contention previously made is that Jordan was never out there claiming he was "dominating the sport" in the years where he wasn't even on the court.

See the difference?

That is WAY to difficult to understand...we're talking 'bout Floyd here bro.

You know how we do...

(IMG:http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID5699/images/FloydMayweatherSr15.jpg)

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 13 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #33

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 13 2011, 01:40 PM) *
Did Jordan not retire TWICE from the game of basketball or that never happened? I am not comparing personalities or records just the fact that he retired twice. His time as a Wizard was laughable.

Someone mentioned that Floyd can not dominate the sport if he retired well Jordan retired and came back the first time and was amazing the second time not so much but still a great effort ( my favorite Jordan clip was when Allen Iverson made him look like a two ton weight on defense!!!! Best clip ever). I am not Jordan fan but the man is one of the best NBA players.

Apples and Oranges are both fruits, they both have outter skin, they both grow on trees, and they are both are kind of round. So really they are not that different.

Michael Jackson the Queen of Pop? Really. Despite his flaws that man was God gifted and he will never be surpassed.

if you want to call the first one a retirement. he wanted to play baseball after his dad got killed because his dad always wanted him to play in the MLB.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 13 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Method @ Sep 13 2011, 02:02 PM) *
PS - You've been hit by...A Smooth Criminal.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/MJupdated.gif)

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 13 2011, 05:00 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 14 2011, 03:26 AM) *
The smartest post ever. 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% agree. Well said

Unfortunately this is no recommendation coming from the dumbest poster in here.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 13 2011, 05:02 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Sep 14 2011, 02:46 AM) *
Time cannot affect Greatness. Here's an example... Michael Jackson -- he's been gone for a couple of years now... but he's still the King of Pop.
It's something people can't take away. You go ask anybody out there who the King of Pop is still today... they'll answer the same.

Floyd can stop for years and is still the one Dominating the sport. Coz he's never been beaten. That is Greatness.

By this logic Marciano must still be the most dominating HW in the sport and must currently hold the number 1 ranking, I'm sure this will please The Rock, being in his grave and all.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 13 2011, 05:34 PM
Post #37

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 13 2011, 10:00 PM) *
Unfortunately this is no recommendation coming from the dumbest poster in here.

I found it ironic that her post proclaiming Buffalos post to be the smartest post ever, was probably the stupidest post ever, on account of Buffalo's post being, not smart, but incredibly shit.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 13 2011, 10:02 PM) *
By this logic Marciano must still be the most dominating HW in the sport and must currently hold the number 1 ranking, I'm sure this will please The Rock, being in his grave and all.

I wouldn't even bother with a thought out reply to this retard. Remember the last thread he got involved in, he probably became the most reviled posteer in here, and since then all his posts have been those of a blind nuthugger

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 13 2011, 05:40 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 14 2011, 10:34 AM) *
I wouldn't even bother with a thought out reply to this retard. Remember the last thread he got involved in, he probably became the most reviled posteer in here, and since then all his posts have been those of a blind nuthugger

That's right the 'soldiers on holiday' post. It makes sense that ALLman would gravitate to him.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 13 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #39

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

allmen must be a big girl. only a big girl could be this loyal to someone that doesn't give a fuck about them.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Sep 13 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #40

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 13 2011, 05:48 PM) *
allmen must be a big girl. only a big girl could be this loyal to someone that doesn't give a fuck about them.

Plus 100! Jordan is a jerk and Mayweather is God!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:58 AM