Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berto v Alexander, career suicide???
gravytrain
post Sep 19 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

i think Berto wins but Alexander will be another fighter to expose the flaws in Berto.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 19 2011, 06:27 PM
Post #12

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 19 2011, 04:37 PM) *
shyt ill take you up on that!!... no way Alexander wins unless theyre fighting in St. Louis and Nelly was a judge..

Berto is too strong for those butterfly kisses Alexander calls punches.. he needs to fight Paulie Malignaggi.

i say Berto wins by KO...

Looks like we got a sig bet then.

Was that a butterfly kiss that he landed on Urango? How about the left he landed on Witter? Alexander can punch he just needs a certain type of fighter ie one with poor defense and no head movement ala Berto. Kotelnik had a great Jab and kept his chin tucked. Bradley is gonna be hard for anyone to look good against but the fight wasn't dominated by any means. Mathyesse is better than people give credit to. I think Alexander will fit in better @147, always thought he would. I really wish he would get rid of Cunningham and hook up with Manny Steward

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Sep 19 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #13

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

This fight for me is hard to call. I'm leaning towards Alexander though. I think it goes twelve rounds but gets sluggish as the end because both have shown to tire out I'm going with Alexander. It will be a slow paced methotical fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 19 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 19 2011, 06:27 PM) *

Was that a butterfly kiss that he landed on Urango? How about the left he landed on Witter? Alexander can punch he just needs a certain type of fighter ie one with poor defense and no head movement ala Berto. Kotelnik had a great Jab and kept his chin tucked. Bradley is gonna be hard for anyone to look good against but the fight wasn't dominated by any means. Mathyesse is better than people give credit to. I think Alexander will fit in better @147, always thought he would. I really wish he would get rid of Cunningham and hook up with Manny Steward

Witter and urango are not top fighters. Alexander cannot step up against good fighters, he only fights one way and punches like he's in the amateurs still.. its mostly his corners fault but I think he's a little undersized and not strong enough for 147. But who knows

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 19 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 19 2011, 06:27 PM) *

Witter and urango are not top fighters. Alexander cannot step up against good fighters, he only fights one way and punches like he's in the amateurs still.. its mostly his corners fault but I think he's a little undersized and not strong enough for 147. But who knows

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 19 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #16

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2011, 10:56 PM) *

Witter and Urango at the time were suppose to be formidable opponents. Berto's best wins are who? Quintana and Collazo? Zavek? Cosme Rivera? Estrada? Forbes? Get real, Alexander beat the hell out of both. Berto is the same level as Alexander, Alexander just got exposed first. Berto isnt going to change his game, Alexander still has hope. Berto isn't active enough to beat Alexander by UD and so far devon has displayed a good chin. Its a pick'em fight, I think Alexander has more than enough to beat Berto who just can't seem to adjust in the ring. It's make or break for both.

I'd love to see a WW tournament, any of these fights

Alexander v Berto

Zavek vs Ortiz

Khan v Matthysse

Jones vs Bradley(Don't see this happening, Arum keeps this in house for Pac)

Mosley v Maidana(still think this a hell of a fight)

Peterson v Jones(more likely)

Berto v Ortiz II

Maidana v Kahn II

Maidana vs Matthysse(fight of the yr)

Ortiz vs Khan

Berto vs Khan

You could basically mix and match any of those fights and fighters

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 19 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

This can go either way, but I slightly give Alexander the edge because of his handspeed and he stays busy. It also has the possibility of being a dud at the same time. Berto has shitty defense, so he will play his role as the Clinch King, but if he touches Alexander, it wont be an easy night for Devon.

Alexander pitty-pat punches and doesn't plant his feet often, so I wouldn't look for too many power shots. If he plants his feet and times it, then more power to him...but he may play it safe and box in circles. So we have the Pitty-Pat Puncher and the Clinch King, so if neither of them go for broke, then dont expect much of a fight. I would still watch it though!

This post has been edited by cshel86: Sep 20 2011, 09:17 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 19 2011, 11:02 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I like both fighters but I'm going with Berto because he has more pop and he's used to the weight. Those slapping punches by Alexander are not going to get the job done

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Sep 20 2011, 12:23 AM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

I like maidana bradley...

Bradley Ortiz...Ortiz too big?

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Sep 20 2011, 06:47 AM
Post #20

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Sep 20 2011, 01:23 AM) *
I like maidana bradley...

Bradley Ortiz...Ortiz too big?

Bradley beat Ortiz IMO.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 08:10 AM