Cshel86
post Sep 20 2011, 09:04 AM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 20 2011, 07:47 AM) *
Bradley beat Ortiz IMO.

Hell nah, Bradley will get skunked easily! Ortiz is too big and relentless against somebody who isn't as fast, skilled, and lacks defense. Bradley hasn't fought an Ortiz in his career, and he should probably keep it that way. If anything, this fight will be a battle of the headbutts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 20 2011, 09:18 AM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 19 2011, 11:30 PM) *
Witter and Urango at the time were suppose to be formidable opponents. Berto's best wins are who? Quintana and Collazo? Zavek? Cosme Rivera? Estrada? Forbes? Get real, Alexander beat the hell out of both. Berto is the same level as Alexander, Alexander just got exposed first. Berto isnt going to change his game, Alexander still has hope. Berto isn't active enough to beat Alexander by UD and so far devon has displayed a good chin. Its a pick'em fight, I think Alexander has more than enough to beat Berto who just can't seem to adjust in the ring. It's make or break for both.

I'd love to see a WW tournament, any of these fights

Alexander v Berto

Zavek vs Ortiz

Khan v Matthysse

Jones vs Bradley(Don't see this happening, Arum keeps this in house for Pac)

Mosley v Maidana(still think this a hell of a fight)

Peterson v Jones(more likely)

Berto v Ortiz II

Maidana v Kahn II

Maidana vs Matthysse(fight of the yr)

Ortiz vs Khan

Berto vs Khan

You could basically mix and match any of those fights and fighters

...and EAlbian...where tha hell have you been bro? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/search.gif) ...I almost sent a smoke signal out for you.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 20 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #23

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 20 2011, 09:18 AM) *
...and EAlbian...where tha hell have you been bro? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/search.gif) ...I almost sent a smoke signal out for you.

haha, work. I needed a big month so I had to limit my board time.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 20 2011, 09:54 AM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 20 2011, 10:45 AM) *
haha, work. I needed a big month so I had to limit my board time.

A big month?! Sounds like big business, so I will take your word for it.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 20 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #25

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 20 2011, 09:04 AM) *
Hell nah, Bradley will get skunked easily! Ortiz is too big and relentless against somebody who isn't as fast, skilled, and lacks defense. Bradley hasn't fought an Ortiz in his career, and he should probably keep it that way. If anything, this fight will be a battle of the headbutts.

strongly disagree... the blueprint is out on ortiz... but in bradleys case... he out mans ortiz that blue print goes out the window... bradley is more of a man than ortiz is in the ring (ortiz reminds me of jose luis lopez a welter from the 90's... dangerous in his own right but never quite hit the mark where he was expected to go)... pure and simple... ortiz would eventually get frustrated things arent going his way and commence to fouling just like he did last saturday.... ortiz is a good young fighter, but he is not prime time yet.. he thought he was and so did his team... but he is still espn or at best boxing after dark... bradley on the other hand is one of those fighters that when active isnt quite an A level fighter just yet... but he is just above a B level fighter... he is in that empty grey space in between an A class fighter and an upper level B class fighter meaning he needs that chance on the big stage to see what he can do... the fight that needs to be made in some time once he becomes active again is bradley vs berto... that is a great fan friendly fight waiting to hapen...

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Sep 20 2011, 10:50 AM

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 20 2011, 10:55 AM
Post #26

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 20 2011, 10:48 AM) *
strongly disagree... the blueprint is out on ortiz... but in bradleys case... he out mans ortiz that blue print goes out the window... bradley is more of a man than ortiz is in the ring (ortiz reminds me of jose luis lopez a welter from the 90's... dangerous in his own right but never quite hit the mark where he was expected to go)... pure and simple... ortiz would eventually get frustrated things arent going his way and commence to fouling just like he did last saturday.... ortiz is a good young fighter, but he is not prime time yet.. he thought he was and so did his team... but he is still espn or at best boxing after dark... bradley on the other hand is one of those fighters that when active isnt quite an A level fighter just yet... but he is just above a B level fighter... he is in that empty grey space in between an A class fighter and an upper level B class fighter meaning he needs that chance on the big stage to see what he can do... the fight that needs to be made in some time once he becomes active again is bradley vs berto... that is a great fan friendly fight waiting to hapen...

a B+? Berto and Bradley is a good fight. They actually fought in the amateurs for a national title i believe, so there is some back story. Berto won if my memory serves me correctly. I think Ortiz has the style to beat Berto, he already did it once. I think he could potentially walk through Bradley but Bradley has the stamina and output to keep him fighting and frustrated. Ortiz vs Bradley is an interesting fight, if smaller guys were able to drop Bradley i think Ortiz could do the same. I wanna see Bradley vs Rios

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 20 2011, 11:10 AM
Post #27

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 20 2011, 10:55 AM) *
a B+? Berto and Bradley is a good fight. They actually fought in the amateurs for a national title i believe, so there is some back story. Berto won if my memory serves me correctly. I think Ortiz has the style to beat Berto, he already did it once. I think he could potentially walk through Bradley but Bradley has the stamina and output to keep him fighting and frustrated. Ortiz vs Bradley is an interesting fight, if smaller guys were able to drop Bradley i think Ortiz could do the same. I wanna see Bradley vs Rios

ortiz is a spurt type of fighter... he fights in spurts... bradley would be mauling him all night long... thats a fight i would really like to see... yes bradley has been dropped... but so has ortiz... maidana mauled ortiz... even tho maidana may have a harder punch it was an accumilation that caught up with ortiz... it killed his will.... ortiz dont have the heart to get into the thick of a hard fight and grind it out... again that came out during the maidana fight and during his post fight interview... matter of fact im not so sure he was debilitated saturday night... i think his experience came into play and he thought he could pull out a dq... i could be wrong but hey... his heart has been on display before... just saying... my stock is no where in victor ortiz... paulie mallinaggi has more heart than that guy...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 20 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I say they make that tourney happen so we can find out. Well except for the Bradley part of it because it seems he thinks hes too much of a big name for anyone.

I think ortiz takes Bradley though.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Sep 20 2011, 11:27 AM

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 20 2011, 11:27 AM
Post #29

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 20 2011, 11:10 AM) *
ortiz is a spurt type of fighter... he fights in spurts... bradley would be mauling him all night long... thats a fight i would really like to see... yes bradley has been dropped... but so has ortiz... maidana mauled ortiz... even tho maidana may have a harder punch it was an accumilation that caught up with ortiz... it killed his will.... ortiz dont have the heart to get into the thick of a hard fight and grind it out... again that came out during the maidana fight and during his post fight interview... matter of fact im not so sure he was debilitated saturday night... i think his experience came into play and he thought he could pull out a dq... i could be wrong but hey... his heart has been on display before... just saying... my stock is no where in victor ortiz... paulie mallinaggi has more heart than that guy...

I think he has shown that he is predisposed to quit when things get tough but he also showed heart/determination against Berto. I don't think Bradley walks thru anyone, he's not really a puncher, however he is a mauler. I don't think he provides the the stuff that makes Ortiz quit. Bradley isn't accurate really and doesn't have pop. I think Ortiz vs anyone @147 besides Pac and May is a good fight, not saying he beats 'em tho

This post has been edited by EAlbian: Sep 20 2011, 11:28 AM

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 20 2011, 11:41 AM
Post #30

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 20 2011, 11:27 AM) *
I think he has shown that he is predisposed to quit when things get tough but he also showed heart/determination against Berto. I don't think Bradley walks thru anyone, he's not really a puncher, however he is a mauler. I don't think he provides the the stuff that makes Ortiz quit. Bradley isn't accurate really and doesn't have pop. I think Ortiz vs anyone @147 besides Pac and May is a good fight, not saying he beats 'em tho

well bradley has already walked through alexander whom it seems berto is thinking bout fighting... and i think he'd walk down ortiz... thats just what he does..

as for ortiz... i actually think ortiz vs pac is a very fan friendly fight... i would like to see that actually... ortiz would have a shot with his style in that fight... styles make fights and that would be a train wreck... id give the edge to pac but i can see them blasting each other early and often... but then again its not a good fight for pac now cuzz it would another case of floyds left overs but for fight value... i think thats an excellent fight to make to keep pac juicing the public to buy his fights... lol... and i would buy it!!! lmao...

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 01:48 AM