IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amir Khan, A lot of bark. Does he have the bite to match?
BoxingEinstein
post Sep 26 2011, 10:19 AM
Post #51

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Sep 25 2011, 11:12 AM) *
Khan is overrated. Way overrated.

His wins were all mediocre. I mean I seriously don't even have any idea how he got much talked about.

Now let's not get ahead of ourselves, Khan maybe overrated but not all his wins are mediocre. His win against Paulie "Featherpuncher" Malignaggi is the most legit as of late.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seek
post Sep 26 2011, 11:16 AM
Post #52

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 23 2011, 03:47 PM) *
^^Nahh. Pacquiao has a MUCH BETTER shot at Mayweather than Khan. Amir goes in straight lines and has no defense at all. Pac may not be Pernell Whitaker, but he uses angles, feints, and upper body movement to throw off his opponents.

I don't see how anyone could pick Khan over Ortiz with any type of certainty. Amir isn't the most intelligent guy in the ring and his punch resistance is very questionable, along with his defense, or lack there of. And though he's a good puncher, for the most part he doesn't commit to his shots because he's worried about the incoming.

A Khan-Ortiz fight could go either way and I think Ortiz has a good chance of KOing him.

There is a reason why Marquez, Bradley and most recently Morales are avoiding Amir Khan. He has a style and physical advantages that are very difficult to overcome. Pacquiao has no advantages over Floyd, absolutely none. At least Ortiz had size. Khan has size, speed and a quicker, harder jab over Mayweather.

Oh yeah and Pacquiao's amazing angles and feints and upper body movement sure looked brilliant vs a mobile Mosley who caught him on the regulary with jabs and left-hooks. . . / end sarcasm

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 26 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #53

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 23 2011, 04:47 PM) *
^^Nahh. Pacquiao has a MUCH BETTER shot at Mayweather than Khan. Amir goes in straight lines and has no defense at all. Pac may not be Pernell Whitaker, but he uses angles, feints, and upper body movement to throw off his opponents.

I don't see how anyone could pick Khan over Ortiz with any type of certainty. Amir isn't the most intelligent guy in the ring and his punch resistance is very questionable, along with his defense, or lack there of. And though he's a good puncher, for the most part he doesn't commit to his shots because he's worried about the incoming.

A Khan-Ortiz fight could go either way and I think Ortiz has a good chance of KOing him.

+1
Pac does have a better shot at May than Khan, because Khan is not a slugger and trying to box with Mayweather will be quite the embarassment. If he continues what he is doing in his present fights, then he will win a few rounds because Floyd doesn't always mount an offense immediately. The minute he thinks he can slow down and fight Floyd, will be his moment of demise by way of counter punches. He is a decent boxer, but boxing a slick boxer should not be in his Hello Kitty Planner right now.

Pac uses exactly what you said, angles, that nasty in-out feint that everybody falls for, upper body movement, and let's not forget about the grazing punches that nobody sees coming. He doesn't have the best defense in the world, if any, because his offense IS his defense. Most of his opponents spend the whole fight trying not to eat one of his punches.

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 26 2011, 11:19 AM) *
Now let's not get ahead of ourselves, Khan maybe overrated but not all his wins are mediocre. His win against Paulie "Featherpuncher" Malignaggi is the most legit as of late.

I agree, but I had to give him some type of credit for the Maidana fight, though he almost blew it at the end. He passed The Test , maybe not in the cleanest way, but Maidana is a monkey off his back in the meantime until he decides to give him a rematch. You literally have to get through Maidana or Matthysse (take your pick) before you can be considered a force at 140.

QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 26 2011, 12:16 PM) *
There is a reason why Marquez, Bradley and most recently Morales are avoiding Amir Khan. He has a style and physical advantages that are very difficult to overcome. Pacquiao has no advantages over Floyd, absolutely none. At least Ortiz had size. Khan has size, speed and a quicker, harder jab over Mayweather.

Oh yeah and Pacquiao's amazing angles and feints and upper body movement sure looked brilliant vs a mobile Mosley who caught him on the regulary with jabs and left-hooks. . . / end sarcasm

In my opinion, Khan isn't being avoided by these guys, but they either have bigger assignments, or they trying to build a legit fight with him in the near future. They may wanna hurry if thats the case, because I only see him fighting two more bouts at 140, possibly 3 if the money is right. The only advantage that Pac has over Floyd, is the fact that he can mount a dangerous offense that may be sloppy at times. Besides, who needs defense if they are busy throwing hailstorms of dangerous punches and their opponents are trying their hardest to not get hit by them?

+Quote Post
Seek
post Sep 26 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #54

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 26 2011, 11:39 AM) *
+1
Pac does have a better shot at May than Khan, because Khan is not a slugger and trying to box with Mayweather will be quite the embarassment. If he continues what he is doing in his present fights, then he will win a few rounds because Floyd doesn't always mount an offense immediately. The minute he thinks he can slow down and fight Floyd, will be his moment of demise by way of counter punches. He is a decent boxer, but boxing a slick boxer should not be in his Hello Kitty Planner right now.

Pac uses exactly what you said, angles, that nasty in-out feint that everybody falls for, upper body movement, and let's not forget about the grazing punches that nobody sees coming. He doesn't have the best defense in the world, if any, because his offense IS his defense. Most of his opponents spend the whole fight trying not to eat one of his punches.

I agree, but I had to give him some type of credit for the Maidana fight, though he almost blew it at the end. He passed The Test , maybe not in the cleanest way, but Maidana is a monkey off his back in the meantime until he decides to give him a rematch. You literally have to get through Maidana or Matthysse (take your pick) before you can be considered a force at 140.

In my opinion, Khan isn't being avoided by these guys, but they either have bigger assignments, or they trying to build a legit fight with him in the near future. They may wanna hurry if thats the case, because I only see him fighting two more bouts at 140, possibly 3 if the money is right. The only advantage that Pac has over Floyd, is the fact that he can mount a dangerous offense that may be sloppy at times. Besides, who needs defense if they are busy throwing hailstorms of dangerous punches and their opponents are trying their hardest to not get hit by them?

Lol Bradley is calling out Morales. Morales is calling out Linares or DeMarco and Marquez or should I say Nacho, at the time didn't want Marquez to be used as a stepping stone for Khan. Clearly the above fighters are not confident facing an Amir Khan who is THE man to beat at 140.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 26 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #55

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 26 2011, 12:56 PM) *
Lol Bradley is calling out Morales. Morales is calling out Linares or DeMarco and Marquez or should I say Nacho, at the time didn't want Marquez to be used as a stepping stone for Khan. Clearly the above fighters are not confident facing an Amir Khan who is THE man to beat at 140.

He is considered the "money man" at 140, so Im sure somebody will snap out of this silly trance of winning and defending these alphabet belts and focus on some money.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:28 PM