IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gear-Grinding Comments/Questions You've Ever Heard From a Casual Boxing Fan or a "Know-It All"..., Have at it...
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 29 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #11

Guests

Ehhhh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 29 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #12

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Al Bernstein: (after Hagler-Hearns): "This man (Hagler) has gained any redemption he needed from the LOSS to Roberto Duran."

I have heard people call Floyd Mayweather, "Floyd Meriwether" or "Floyd Mayflower!" LOL! But they sort of come back to reality when I say, "Who are you talking about?" They say, "I mean that fighter nobody likes!"

Jack

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Sep 29 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #13

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

What pisses me off is anytime someone arrives at a party during one of the undercard fights on a PPV, checks out the screen and casually asks, "When's the real fight start?"

I always say, "You mean the main event? This is a real fight going on right now."

+Quote Post
juanpa
post Sep 29 2011, 11:31 PM
Post #14

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,986

you know what grinds my gears? everytime we buy a ppv fight we invite the whole family, and what pisses my off is that they come when the main event has already started. not only that, they love to say hi and have a chat!!!

as far as dumb comments go, i have heard: BANG... BANG...BANG BANG!!! TRY AND STOP IT! BANG HERE I COME
(PACQUIAO VS CLOTTEY)

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Sep 29 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #15

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 30 2011, 12:13 AM) *
What pisses me off is anytime someone arrives at a party during one of the undercard fights on a PPV, checks out the screen and casually asks, "When's the real fight start?"

I always say, "You mean the main event? This is a real fight going on right now."

This burns me the fuck up. This is the main reason why I have to watch the fight at home because if its not the main event they want to turn the TV to a basketball game or something else til the main events come up. I'm like dumbass half of the time the better fights are on the undercard.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 30 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 29 2011, 11:09 PM) *
Al Bernstein: (after Hagler-Hearns): "This man (Hagler) has gained any redemption he needed from the LOSS to Roberto Duran."

I have heard people call Floyd Mayweather, "Floyd Meriwether" or "Floyd Mayflower!" LOL! But they sort of come back to reality when I say, "Who are you talking about?" They say, "I mean that fighter nobody likes!"

Jack

Hahahaha!!! They used to mess Floyd's name up bad! People hardly remember his name nowawdays...like you said, they mostly refer to him as the "fighter that nobody likes". Lol!

Hahahaha!!! That shit does it for me every time. Hate it! Thats why I always tell the harcore boxing fans to come to my house at 9pm and I text everybody else to show up around 10:30ish.

QUOTE (juanpa @ Sep 30 2011, 12:31 AM) *
you know what grinds my gears? everytime we buy a ppv fight we invite the whole family, and what pisses my off is that they come when the main event has already started. not only that, they love to say hi and have a chat!!!

as far as dumb comments go, i have heard: BANG... BANG...BANG BANG!!! TRY AND STOP IT! BANG HERE I COME
(PACQUIAO VS CLOTTEY)

Yeah I hear ya...the protocol during the main event is to come in, fix a plate, get a drink, and STFU! Simple as that...talk to me between rounds. I will give you 60 secs to get it out, but after that...resume the position of STFU and sit down.

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 30 2011, 12:34 AM) *
This burns me the fuck up. This is the main reason why I have to watch the fight at home because if its not the main event they want to turn the TV to a basketball game or something else til the main events come up. I'm like dumbass half of the time the better fights are on the undercard.

Hell yeah...if I pay for the fight, then Im watchin' ALLLLL of the fights on the card. I get your drift, thats why I always order fights at home instead of going to bars or somebody else's house.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 30 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #17

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

My Gear Grinder:

You're at a house with 20 people to watch boxing. 5 are good fight fans, The other 15 are just there for a party and they talk non-stop during the whole card, with their 3-4 little fucking kids running around and the wives/girlfriends sitting in the same room yakking. Not about the fight. NO! They sit there swapping dinner and cookie recipes, what the kids are doing in school, the little shit kids have their hands in the cheese dip, and when you ask them to be quit, it works.... for about 30 seconds.

Then it starts all over again. That's what kills going to parties. Families have no consideration for the reason why people are there in the first place. To watch the fights.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 30 2011, 01:07 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 30 2011, 01:43 AM) *
My Gear Grinder:

You're at a house with 20 people to watch boxing. 5 are good fight fans, The other 15 are just there for a party and they talk non-stop during the whole card, with their 3-4 little fucking kids running around and the wives/girlfriends sitting in the same room yakking. Not about the fight. NO! They sit there swapping dinner and cookie recipes, what the kids are doing in school, the little shit kids have their hands in the cheese dip, and when you ask them to be quit, it works.... for about 30 seconds.

Then it starts all over again. That's what kills going to parties. Families have no consideration for the reason why people are there in the first place. To watch the fights.

Jack

Hahahahaha!!! Dont you just hate those "wind-up toy" kids that keep running around...and its worse when they keep running up to you! Man, I've had several Margaritas & coke and bacardis sitting between my feet, that got knocked over because little ones were always are running up to me, smh. Yeah, all of those sidebar conversations kill me! I hate being at somebody's house, and the man of the house acts like he doesn't even know how to work the remote. Thats when Im ready to load up the jab and execute!

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 30 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #19

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

I remember I used to always have a BBQ on a Sunday afternoon when the fights were on & during Lewis vs Tyson I had about 20 people over. Most knew jack shit about boxing & those that did believed Tyson was gonna win. I cracked the shits & told everyone to fuck off punched a few hot ones & went to my bedroom & watched the fight. After every round I went outside & asked in a really condescending manner how is Mike doing?

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Sep 30 2011, 03:06 AM
Post #20

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 29 2011, 10:51 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Without fail.

My pet peeve migrated to UFC events, but it used to be present at every boxing show. The tough guys watching two trained fighters on TV, and claiming that they could kick the shit out of both of them. Sure buddy.

This post has been edited by Spyder: Sep 30 2011, 03:07 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 10:50 AM