IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gear-Grinding Comments/Questions You've Ever Heard From a Casual Boxing Fan or a "Know-It All"..., Have at it...
Mean Mister Must...
post Sep 30 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

I've had people asking "Who's playing?". Then I go into the whole "You don't play boxing" speech and I look like a pompous jackass.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Sep 30 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #32

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,865

I hate people that say they don't care for any fighters under 147 because they think they can knock them out in a street fight. Most of these guys would not be even able to beat a flyweight in a street fight.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 30 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #33

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 1 2011, 04:59 AM) *
The one statement from casual fans /no-boxing-watching ass people is..."Man, they need to just go 'head and make that Mayweather and Pacquiao fight happen. They just need to go ahead and fight and get it over with, man".

Sometimes the casual fan is spot on. This is one of those times.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 30 2011, 11:24 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 30 2011, 07:41 PM) *
Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn that was too damn funny! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I hate when you have that one guy in the room that knows somebody that knows somebody who boxes and they talk through the whole fight explaining everything wrong to the casual viewers in the room. I just sit back and shake my head listening to the bullshit. No point in saying anything to him because then he'd be interupting the fight even more.

Another thing that grinds my gears is when somebody's only arguement as to who won the fight is who threw the most punches.

The ooooooo's and aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh's every time a big punch is thrown and not even landed. I'm like STFU...he didn't even hit him!

Tell me about it! Dudes kill me with that mess about who they know. What really gets me is when they say, "My homeboy showed me some of that boxin' stuff, so I know what Im doing". Those "oooos and aaahhhhs" make me get up and go for another drink to drown it out...

QUOTE (alaganza @ Sep 30 2011, 09:59 PM) *
THANK YOU!!!! Now you want to talk about grinding gears. I hate that when a guy throws a bunch of punches, nothing lands, and people are acting like the fight should be stopped or something.

And you know what else that grinds my gears? I hate the fact that people don't understand the difference between a guy winning a fight and a whopping his opponent's behind.

Example: A friend of mine called me from Korea and we were talking about the Hagler-Leonard fight. (dating myself) And he was going on and on about how Leonard whipped Hagler pretty bad. Really? He now goes on my football only conversation list.

Hahahaha!!! Though some fighters sound like they have microphones in their gloves, all of those punches dont land...depsite the sound. I guess the sound throws people off, and they fall for it everytime.

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 30 2011, 10:42 PM) *
I've had people asking "Who's playing?". Then I go into the whole "You don't play boxing" speech and I look like a pompous jackass.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Oct 1 2011, 12:38 AM
Post #35

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

I stopped watching fights with anyone in the room for a plethora of reasons, most of which have already been listed by you guys. My wife knows better than to come into the room when a fight is on, unless it's on her knees with a sandwich and some ice-cold Coca Cola. Even then she must put said merchandise down with little to no noise, back out slowly, make no eye contact, and kow-tow several times in repentance for the interruption.

My favorite is when I was a kid and my mom would come in the room and ask me what inning it was. How do you even respond to something like that?

Another reason I refuse to watch fights with people is because I always back losers, and I have to hear it from people around me when my fighter is getting his ass whooped. Always shit like "He ain't got a chance, man. It's all over." It's just like, "Fuck I know! Just shut the fuck up and let take the vicarious beat down and shut the fuck up already!"

+Quote Post
Method
post Oct 1 2011, 07:51 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 1 2011, 01:38 AM) *
Another reason I refuse to watch fights with people is because I always back losers, and I have to hear it from people around me when my fighter is getting his ass whooped. Always shit like "He ain't got a chance, man. It's all over." It's just like, "Fuck I know! Just shut the fuck up and let take the vicarious beat down and shut the fuck up already!"

Haha. I tend to back underdogs (read: LOSERS) too, which is why I don't watch boxing w my bitch. She's a front runner, and so on the random times she happens to be able to stay up late to watch a fight, it would automatically pit her on the other side of who I have money on or want to win. Nothing worse than someone not knowing shit or having a vested interest in the sport planting down next to you and rooting against what you want/need to happen.

As far as...

Even then she must put said merchandise down with little to no noise, back out slowly, make no eye contact

I laughed my ass off.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 1 2011, 08:31 AM
Post #37

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Fairweather fans who go on all day about their favorite fighter but can't name their championship fights or the bouts that made them famous.

People who call fighters "cowards, putos or bitches" because they are boxing instead of brawling, especially if the person has never boxed themselves or at the very least, understand how incredibly long 3 mins is inside a boxing ring. Unless of course they're talking about Kermit Cintron.

Anyone who screams at the screen telling a fighter to just "punch harder!"

This post has been edited by Snoop: Oct 1 2011, 08:33 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:29 PM